The Recommend A Foreign Movie Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
The Orphanage (El Orfanato)
Fueled by fond memories from her childhood, Laura (Belén Rueda) persuades her husband (Fernando Cayo) to help her revamp a seaside orphanage into a facility for disabled children. But soon after the couple moves in, their son, Simón (Roger Príncep), begins exhibiting disturbing behavior. As Laura tries to understand Simón's increasingly malevolent actions, she becomes drawn into the house's terrifying secrets in this unnerving chiller.

&

Pan's Labyrinth
Living with her tyrannical stepfather (Sergi López) in a new home with her pregnant mother, 10-year-old Ofelia (Ivana Baquero) feels alone until she explores a decaying labyrinth guarded by the mysterious Pan (Doug Jones), an ancient satyr who claims to know her destiny. If she wishes to return to her real father, Ofelia must complete three terrifying tasks in director Guillermo del Toro's Oscar-winning fairy tale for grown-ups.

are both fuckin beautiful amazing movies that brought tears to my eyes.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
^^^I gotta say though, that if you just look at the pick you could think that it is a Chinese flick, as Takeshi Kaneshiro is in quite a few Chinese flicks. House Of Flying Daggers, Red Cliff 1 & 2, Warlords, etc.! But only because he is 1/2 Taiwanese...

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
TWO BROTHERS KICKING ASS AROUND JAPAN/KOREA? ONES SERIOUS THEY OTHER IS KINDA FUNNY BUT ITS A SERIOUS MOVIE. THEY KICK ASS ALL THROUGH THE UNDERWORLD.
INSTEAD OF BEING KILLED
THEY GET MARRONED ON AN ISLAND SOME LADIES. GO BACK TO CHINA OR JAPAN TO GET REVENGE WITH THE BREEZIES.

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT MOVIE IS CALLED.
I AINT SEEN IT IN 4 YEARS. I CAME HOME FROM WORK ONE NIGHT AND IT WAS ON THE AZN CHANNEL. CAUGHT IT 20 MINUTES IN TO IT.

Dec 26, 2004
Sin Nombre. Which I jus made a thread.

El Norte-2 guatamala indian siblings head to america.

Maria Full of Grace- Columbian girl take a chance smuggling cocaine.

Carandiru-Doctor works w/ Brazilian prisoners, also bout their livin.

El Crimen Del Padre Amaro-Priest has an affair with a women.

Amores Perros-3 different stories interact/connect another. 1-Friends enter a dogfight. 2-Affair of model and married man. 3-Hitman struggles homelessness

Is that CHE movie out on DVD?
Anyone seen ELECTION? The Triad election.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
this thread is great!! just added about 10+ films to my netflix queue.

edit: i had both Shinobi & Tropa de Elite for a while and finally decided to watch them both. nice flicks.