The Recommend A Foreign Movie Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Der Siebente Kontinent

This was really great. It has a minimalist approach to the shots & cinematography that I thought was fantastic. Most scenes are slightly vague and very deliberate, which I think can sum up the whole film. No real soundtrack and if a scene can play out in one shot, it usually will. The presentation(or lack thereof) made it more striking, powerful even. It is pretty slow and you have to pay attention since non sequitur scenes play out the same as key points.

Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com

bounce go kals is drama movie about friendship and kogal culture, which is like high school girls whos into ralph lauren school uniforms and versace makeups and to live that lifestyle they sell dating services, sex, panties, make fetish movies etc. basically high school prostitutes.

2 girls are trying to help this girl who is going to move to new york on next morning, but got robbed during semi voyeur fetish movie shooting. so she needs some cash quickly. but yakuza doesn't like school girls in sex business and one of these girls made a deal with yakuza dude that she and her friends are going to stop all their businesses. so after couple if incidents girls got yakuza on their asses.

great movie. interesting take on shibuya street culture and that kogal thing. good acting. fun to watch and had same kinda vibe that kids have in a sense. starts with shoe fetish scene, but thats all exploitation this movie have. got some really horrible music like japanese pop reggae.

and in japan kids were wearing japanese raw denim with air maxes, m65 jackets and polo sweaters in -97

Props: reo
Jun 5, 2004
Just watched a movie called Vengeance... Its about a french ex assasin who hires 3 triads to assasinate the people who kill his wife and kids... Hella good movie and the best thing is that it dosent make you read hella subtitles, without being too simple. One of those movies thats better with less dialouge, keeps you interested. I highly reccomend it, i watched on ifc this morning, great crime drama with lots of stylistic action

Last edited:
Props: reo
Sep 16, 2002
Headhunters

Headhunters stars the talented Aksel Hennie (Max Manus) as Roger, a charming scoundrel and Norway's most accomplished headhunter. Roger is living a life of luxury well beyond his means, and stealing art to subsidize his expensive lifestyle. When his beautiful gallery owner wife introduces him to a former mercenary in the possession of an extremely valuable painting, he decides to risk it all to get his hands on it, and in doing so discovers something which makes him a hunted man. Headhunters is based on Jo Nesbø's best-selling thriller from 2008. -- (C) Magnolia