**The Official SF Giants 2011 Season thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2009
The one thing I give SD props for... ASADA FRIES! them shits are on point.. mountain of fries, guac, sour cream, salsa/pico de gallo, carne asada.. closest thing we got is nachos.

A lot of people say El Faro is the best spot in the mission
Hell yeah. Carne asada fries aka the Fat Boy Deluxe! Damn, I think I might have to swing by the taco shop now.

Jan 5, 2006
good lookin out on the spot in sunnyvale wormdacon!

Asada fries are the truth..

i'm over the fact we didnt make the playoffs, looking forward to next season.. we better bulk up in the offense department or we're gonna be doing the same shit next season.. sitting on the couch.

Jan 5, 2006
He's Baaaack

Y'all heard the news? I read on ESPN that Angel Villalona is a free man, dropped the lawsuit vs the Giants and he's been reinstated back into the farm system. Pablo Sandoval 2.0 coming soon!

Angel Villalona drops suit against Giants

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Angel Villalona said Tuesday he is withdrawing his lawsuit against the San Francisco Giants after the team decided to reinstate him to its farm system.

Villalona had been charged in the September 2009 death of a 25-year-old man at a bar in his Caribbean homeland and was later stripped of his U.S. visa. But the family of the man he was accused of killing asked a judge to drop the case and he was freed on bond that November.

Villalona sued the Giants for $5 million in damages, alleging the team kept him on the inactive list even though he had been cleared of homicide charges.

He said in a statement to The Associated Press that he plans to return to baseball and meet all the terms of his contract with the Giants.

He received a $2.1 million bonus when the Giants signed him at age 16 in August 2006. It was the biggest bonus the franchise had ever given to an amateur player.

He was considered among the club's top prospects before the 2008 season and was selected for the Futures Game during All-Star festivities that year. San Francisco reportedly outbid the New York Yankees, Mets, Boston Red Sox and Seattle Mariners for Villalona.

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound slugging first baseman had drawn comparisons to Alex Rodriguez, Adrian Beltre and Wily Mo Pena. He played in 74 games for Class-A San Jose in '09, batting .267 with nine home runs and 42 RBIs.

Jan 12, 2006
Y'all heard the news? I read on ESPN that Angel Villalona is a free man, dropped the lawsuit vs the Giants and he's been reinstated back into the farm system. Pablo Sandoval 2.0 coming soon!

Angel Villalona drops suit against Giants

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Angel Villalona said Tuesday he is withdrawing his lawsuit against the San Francisco Giants after the team decided to reinstate him to its farm system.

Villalona had been charged in the September 2009 death of a 25-year-old man at a bar in his Caribbean homeland and was later stripped of his U.S. visa. But the family of the man he was accused of killing asked a judge to drop the case and he was freed on bond that November.

Villalona sued the Giants for $5 million in damages, alleging the team kept him on the inactive list even though he had been cleared of homicide charges.

He said in a statement to The Associated Press that he plans to return to baseball and meet all the terms of his contract with the Giants.

He received a $2.1 million bonus when the Giants signed him at age 16 in August 2006. It was the biggest bonus the franchise had ever given to an amateur player.

He was considered among the club's top prospects before the 2008 season and was selected for the Futures Game during All-Star festivities that year. San Francisco reportedly outbid the New York Yankees, Mets, Boston Red Sox and Seattle Mariners for Villalona.

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound slugging first baseman had drawn comparisons to Alex Rodriguez, Adrian Beltre and Wily Mo Pena. He played in 74 games for Class-A San Jose in '09, batting .267 with nine home runs and 42 RBIs.
this cat is going to murder opposing pitchers

Mar 12, 2010
Huff and Torres were put on notice by sabean and boch. they were told they would be sat if they didnt return to form. Huff came in over weight with what was called a world series hangover and said he was going to go back to training with the group that got him into shape for the 2010 season. Everyone knows he is a every other year player so giants fan should expect better numbers next year. i will try and find the article i think it was in the bleacher report. hopefully its a return to the top of the heap next year expectations are high just like it should be

Sep 16, 2002
Huff and Torres were put on notice by sabean and boch. they were told they would be sat if they didnt return to form. Huff came in over weight with what was called a world series hangover and said he was going to go back to training with the group that got him into shape for the 2010 season. Everyone knows he is a every other year player so giants fan should expect better numbers next year. i will try and find the article i think it was in the bleacher report. hopefully its a return to the top of the heap next year expectations are high just like it should be

thats good to hear, hopefully it will open their eyes and will be hungrier for next season... fuck the dfags, phillies, and yanks ... go everyone else and most of all GO GIANTS!

Jan 5, 2006
Yankees are trippin!

According to an article by New York Daily Post writer John Harper, the New York Yankees may try to convince the Giants to take catcher Jesus Montero in exchange for Matt Cain this offseason.

Harper wrote:

[Yankees GM Brian Cashman] will probably be more aggressive in trying to trade for [a top pitcher]. One major league scout yesterday suggested the Yankees might be able to convince the offensively challenged Giants to trade Matt Cain for Jesus Montero.

Say what?

I don’t know which whacked out scout Harper’s been talking to, or what he’s been smoking, but there’s no way in hell the Giants do a one-for-one with Cain and Montero.

First of all, it’s Matt Cain. HE’S BLACK OPS! (Well, no, that would be Brian Wilson, but still). Cain had arguably his best season yet as a pro, going 12-11 with a 2.88 ERA and 1.083 WHIP in 2011. Sure, he’ll be a free agent at the end of the 2012 season, but I don’t see Giants GM Brian Sabean unloading any of the team’s Big Three (Cain, Tim Lincecum, or Madison Bumgarner) anytime soon. The Giants would just as soon try and lock the 27-year old Cain up in a long-term deal to keep him in the Bay Area than move him for a young catcher.

Montero’s no slouch. In his first cup of Joe this year, the 21-year old Venezuelan batted .328/.406/.590 with 4 HR and 12 RBI in just 18 games. His defense is a little suspect right now, but he’s got “future superstar” written all over him, quite frankly. And that’s just it. So does Giants catcher Buster Posey. Assuming Posey (who broke his leg and missed 3/4 of the season) will be ready to start the 2012 campaign (or even put in just 100 games), there’s just no reason to pull the trigger on a deal like this.

for pitching, id want a hell of a lot more than some catcher whos not even proven yet.. 2-3 players for Cain and I still wouldnt want to trade him

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Montero would be a tremendous pick up for the giants though...he has tremendous opposite field power and would wear triples alley out... straight up wont get it done though...