**The Official SF Giants 2011 Season thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Lets get it done people!!! Only a day or 2 away from it all going down again!
Excited for Pablo to make a huge comeback this year. Buster is gonna be a freak! Our pitching as long as we are healthy will be our strong point again.. Huff and sanchez are our veteran leaders...

Lets do it again Giants!!!!!!

Dec 4, 2006
should be a great fun season for them ans us the fans..

Panda will do pretty fucking great! Adding Pat back on the roster was a great idea, I can't believe some of you guys wanted him to go somewhere else! He still a big threat on the field!

Buster will get MVP this season tho, mark my words on that!

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Once again for the 3rd year in a row, let me be the 1st to bless this thread with a

FUCK THE DODGERS

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Once again for the 3rd year in a row, let me be the 1st to bless this thread with a

FUCK THE DODGERS

Mar 12, 2010
has there ever been a team that has had back to back ROY? if not here we go brandon belt you got some big shoes to fill but i think...

i cant wait i wish they could have opened at home but just like last year they did everything on the road

Sep 16, 2002
B. belt is probably gonna start the season since cody is on the dl.. whats up with Nate!? hopefully he can keep some of that power throughout the season... LETS GO GIANTS!! fuck the rest

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
just to be clear (hopefully) about what’s at stake with the Belt decision – it’s not necessarily JUST about dollars.
– if Belt starts the season on the major league roster and stays there the whole season he’d be credited with a ‘year of service time’, which would make him eligible for free agency a year sooner
– to delay his FA clock the Giants need to start him in the minors and call up him no earlier than some time in mid/late April (not sure of the exact date) … and then it becomes largely about dollars because
– to also delay his arbitration clock (i.e. not make him a super-two), the Giants would need to wait until some time in mid/late May

From here we can argue till the cows come home whether another year of control is worth 3 weeks of Belt over Burrell/Nate/Rowand, and whether say $15m of 2017 payroll is worth another 3-4 weeks of that. It’s a question that has a right answer only in retrospect. In my book, starting him in the minors is the safe play … because I bet for every Buster who gets called up just in the nick of time to turn around a magical Giants season, there are a dozen Lincecums who will end up costing their team $18m (whether Timmy deserves it or not is beside the point) more than if they had been called up a week or two later. There are shades of gray of course – while the 2007 Giants ended up in last place in the West, this year’s bunch should contend and it’s not like they left much of a margin for error last year … I get the ‘1 game could make the difference and they will wish they had him’ argument … but I wonder how many Braves fans (beat SD by a game for the wild-card) will think back to the fond memories of their gut-wrenching 2010 NLDS exit if they end up having to watch Jason Heyward trot out in a Mets uni on opening day 2016 cause they wouldn’t send him to the minors for a couple of weeks.

Feb 12, 2004
Bummed to see Ishi go especially with that piece of shit Rowand still around. Who knows what would of happened if Ishi didn't keep us alive vs the Braves in game 3 with that walk in the top of the 9th. Good luck to him and enjoy your well deserved world series ring!!