-=The Official San Francisco Giants Thread=-

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
the los angeles team is the dodgers.
Yea I understand by the name. I'm asking why more people, at least in my experience down there, seem interested in the Angels than the Dodgers, or at least, had Angels gear and not Dodgers gear.

try hitting a giants vs dodgers game at dodger stadium; and try not to get stuff thrown at you!
There is a difference between being a true baseball fan and participating in mob mentality. It is very easy to yell something like "Giants suck" or "SF is Gay" when you have 10,000 likeminded people sitting with you.

By the way, Im only asking some questions here. Not disputing people in Southern California like baseball, just fascinated that on the whole the Dodgers were not that important.

Dec 19, 2005
^where in LA were you?? because everytime i go to LA i see WAYY more dodgers gear than angels gear.

i must admit i was shocked to see angels billboards in el segundo and inglewood last time i was down there though...

Jan 5, 2006
good shit.. no sweep. Merkin Valdez was looking good though.. we got our 5th man in the rotation i think. If that doesnt workout he can be a good closer or reliever.

Dec 19, 2005
yeah valdez was killin us...

i wish the rain wouldn't have fucked things up and we could have seen a full lincecum vs billingsley game...i was looking forward to that.

oh well though...on to the next series.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
good shit.. no sweep. Merkin Valdez was looking good though.. we got our 5th man in the rotation i think. If that doesnt workout he can be a good closer or reliever.
Valdez doesn't have the stamina for a full start yet....you gotta remember he just recently came back from Tommy John surgery....if he starts at all he'll only go 3-4 innings, he'll be a late inning guy to along with Walker/Wilson...the rotation will stay Zito-Cain-Lincecum-Correia-Sanchez until Lowry comes back, then it'll be Zito-Cain-Lincecum-Lowry-Correia...

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
Giant holes in the lineup

Apparently Giants fans haven't suffered enough. After being held hostage by the bizarre psycho-drama that was Barry Bonds's pursuit of Hank Aaron's home-run record, the good people of San Francisco are finally free to root for their team without questioning the morality of doing so. So how's life after Barry? Positively lifeless. They have gone from the Steroid Era to the Dead Ball Era in one offseason. We all knew the Giants would be bad, the only team in the NL West with no shot at contending. But if their opening series against the Dodgers is any indication, not only will they repeat their last-place finish of 2007, they will lose 100 games with the most punchless lineup in baseball. In losing two of three to the Dodgers, the Giants managed one extra-base hit (a double) in 95 at bats. They scored a total of four runs while posting a .232/.292/.242 line in the series. Faced with creating an offensive approach based on small ball or long ball, the Giants have chosen neither, assembling a lineup that has no pop (Randy Winn and Bengie Molina hitting 3-4) and little patience (Dave Roberts and Rich Aurilia, combined .326 OBP, batting 1-2).

by Kevin Hench

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
caffine, you act as if that post is news to giants fans. we know where we are, and we know it aint pretty. but every time we beat l.a. its like winning the world series. even if you winn the season series by land slide as long as no sweep incures we are winners! we are the shits and you spent bread on a jones and your new manager to say the least! all we got was rowland. we are in trouble, but fuck it! we ride out anyways!

ps
our stadium shits on the rest of baseball!

fuck the dodgers.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
rowand, bowland,coand that muthafucka aint gonna hit 73 jacks and pack the house every night so what differance does it make! hahahahahaahahahahahahah fuck all grammar natzis and the dodgers. did i spell that right? FUCK THE LOS ANGELES DODGERS. as long as i can spell that statement correct im a giants fan.