-=The Official San Francisco Giants Thread=-

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
yeah thats the most over used pic but still good, i thought it really was a raiders fan until recently

Apr 25, 2002
THE GIANTS ARE PATHETIC
This guy must be from the East Bay and a Raiders/A's fan. East Bay sports fans have Napolean syndrome when it comes to SF sports teams. No matter how much SF sports fans ignore Raiders / A's fans, they love to run their mouths. It's too bad more "loyal" and loudmouth Raiders / A's fans don't show up to Raiders and A's games. Guess you can't blame them because they are too focused on their West Bay counterparts to actually worry about their own teams.

Solitary 1, interesting you continue to post in the Giants threads and have one ONE post in the A’s thread, a boring one liner that has nothing to do with any of the A’s games or players. Maybe if you watched the A’s a bit more, you could STFU and post in your teams thread, rather than sit around and be a hater. Note there are no Giants fans in the A's fans sitting around and talking about how much the A's will suck this year.

one more game, fuck the gayiants.....
I appreciate your enthusiam for your LA home team against your SF rivals. I suppose I can’t blame you for posting in the SF thread since there is no Dodgers thread. Maybe since you are here you can asnwer some questions about Los Angeles for me. I visited LA this weekend and made some suprising observations.

Is Los Angeles’ team the Dodgers or the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? I couldn’t help but notice from my experience Angels hats and apparel outnumbered Dodgers hats and apperal about 3:1. Not exagerrating either.

Do people in Los Angeles watch baseball? I was surprised this weekend that in the sports bars I visited only ONE screen in three bars had the Dodgers game on. The people of LA were very concerned about the Lakers but no one seemed to even be paying attention to the Dodgers. I know it was preseason but the apathy was amazing. Most of the patrons I spoke with said they liked the Dodgers, but didn’t sport any Dodgers gear, didn’t know the Dodgers were even playing, and didn’t know the season started this week, against the SF Giants.

Do you say “fuck the gayiants” in person to Giants fans, or just over the internet? I wore my Giants gear every day in LA and have SF tattoos, and no one said a god damn word. I’m not looking for a fight sporting my shit; it would be nice though, to be reminded that the people of LA are Dodgers fans, and I am a Giants fan. Didn’t happen once. When I asked my friend why not, she said “only little Mexican dudes with knives say that.” She’s latina from East LA and living in Hawthorne, so I figured she knew what she was talking about.

Your input would be appreciated. I could visit Hawthorne, Redondo, Downtown, Long Beach and Hollywood again, but it’s more of a once a year visit thing, I like SF a bit more.

Nov 20, 2005
the los angeles team is the dodgers.

the angels changed their name because attaching the LA to their name gives them more marketing appeal as compaired to anaheim. for example: when you think disneyland, you think southern california, you think LA; not anaheim where it is actually located. does that make sense? sorry...

people in southern california watch baseball.

try hitting a giants vs dodgers game at dodger stadium; and try not to get stuff thrown at you!

~k.