The official san diego chargers thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
Can't blame Norv anymore.
no, but we also didn't see any norv plays either. At least not in the first half...
we saw aggressive, no fear style of play on the offense. thats refreshing..

I think losing this way in week 1 is the best thing that can happen. Lets face it, we aint doing nothing this year anyway. this is a new start and to me its more about the process than it is the result. at least for now.....the secondary couldnt cover shit. thats a concern, but at the same time we are not going to play one of the top teams in the league every week.....

Mar 16, 2005
no, but we also didn't see any norv plays either. At least not in the first half...
we saw aggressive, no fear style of play on the offense. thats refreshing..

I think losing this way in week 1 is the best thing that can happen. Lets face it, we aint doing nothing this year anyway. this is a new start and to me its more about the process than it is the result. at least for now.....the secondary couldnt cover shit. thats a concern, but at the same time we are not going to play one of the top teams in the league every week.....
but with phyllis back there that should also scare you.

Props: Rasan
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
but with phyllis back there that should also scare you.
why would it scare me? Being aggressive means high risk/high reward. shits bound to go wrong..no matter who's at qb... even Peyton has fucked off games right? (see almost every playoff game he's played in) But, i know you came in here to throw a jab at phyllis. I know youre feeling good cause your team went out and threw money a manning. Its all good, im happy with what i see. i figure we got another 2 years before we start competing

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
we shoulda drafted a qb.
we did draft a QB... and if you're talking about a franchise type, who? this team has way too many holes to fill to draft one in the first round right now. with that said, this years draft should be pretty good at the position....we need to draft one eventually. i just don't understand why people run out and say we need to replace rivers..with who? how many good qb's are available right now? and what are they going to do behind a patch work o line and lack of talent at receiver?

with that said, i thought Mccoy was great in the first half but failed to adjust in the second. got totally outcoached. Our lack of depth on defense showed...

Mar 16, 2005
why would it scare me? Being aggressive means high risk/high reward. shits bound to go wrong..no matter who's at qb... even Peyton has fucked off games right? (see almost every playoff game he's played in) But, i know you came in here to throw a jab at phyllis. I know youre feeling good cause your team went out and threw money a manning. Its all good, im happy with what i see. i figure we got another 2 years before we start competing
this has nothing to do with manning, Rivers did what he has always done. i agree with high risk high reward but really there has not been reward with rivers. Hell I hate him as a qb but Tebow has done more in clutch than rivers.

Rivers is nothing but a loud mouth wanna be shit talker when things "going right" but once go wrong all he does is pout, cry to refs and blame everyone but himself

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
Rivers is nothing but a loud mouth wanna be shit talker when things "going right" but once go wrong all he does is pout, cry to refs and blame everyone but himself
This is where you are completely wrong... First off, he talks shit 24/7..never stops. Not when things are going right or wrong. Never stops, but he leaves it on the field. Doesn't act like that off the field. Second, he ALWAYS takes the blame for everything. He's had minimal talent around him for 2 years and has never once thrown a teammate under the bus. As far as the clutch thing, I agree. He hasn't had a game winning drive since like 2009 I think. One of the things the new coaching staff is trying to preach is for him to take what the defense gives him. If you look at the pick he threw last night, Cushing layed out and made a great play on it. He threw 4 TD's and 1 pick last night. For most QB's that's a great night. Last nights loss was not on him, we were up by 3 TD's and couldn't close the door

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
Worst passing defense in the league by far. We could easily be 3-0 if we could just hold leads. Missing 7 starters hurt us today, lack of depth showed. I'll still put this on the coaching staff though. McCoy went conservative and put the game in the defenses hand. Also, why the fuck do we not have safety help on that last drive? The titans had no freaking timeouts, they had to air it out!!!!

Props: Rasan