The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
well, you should prolly just pack up your shit and move just to see your fav football team breh!!!! who cares about you friends/family/job/house/place of living.... Just win baby

Sep 24, 2006
yeah my dad comes before anything since he's in his 60's and has had a lot of medical shit the last cpl years. if not for that id actually think about moving out that way so i can get rid of all this damn snow in the winter time

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
take him to a Raider game.....he'll either have a newfound appreciation for life and will strive to live a full healthy life to go back to another game......or he'll have a heart attack......either way it's season ticket time!!!!

Sep 24, 2006
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8009321/marcel-reece-oakland-raiders-signs-exclusive-rights-tender

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Oakland Raiders fullback Marcel Reece has signed his exclusive rights tender with the team.

The Raiders say Reece signed the contract on Monday in time to participate in organized team activities.

Reece had not been part of offseason workouts with the team under new coach Dennis Allen's staff before signing the one-year deal.

Reece has played in 30 career games with 16 starts since joining the Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He has 54 career receptions for 654 yards and five touchdowns, and 47 carries for 234 yards and one score.

Reece will be eligible to be a restricted free agent next offseason and an unrestricted free agent following the 2013 season.

Glad to see he signed early enough to get into ota's. hope we can work out a longer contract with him next offseason

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Im glad he signed, but without reading that full article, it kinda hurts me a bit seeing that he wanted a new contract/more$. this nigga was out for like half the season getting paid, and he wants more money for this season? fuck nah, I woulda told him to kick rocks if i was in the front office.

Hes good, and Ive always liked him, and I want him to stay, and blah blah blah, but that right there makes me question his character just a tad... I hope he shuts me up and earns the money for this year and his weeks off last year, and racks up a bunch of points

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
O.co Coliseum gets new operator, poaching threat?

Colin Becht CSNBayArea.com

The Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority gave approval to the Anschutz Entertainment Group to operate the stadium for the next five years.

The agreement, reported by the Contra Costa Times, will inject millions of dollars into the Coliseum, potentially renovating the 45-year-old stadium in much needed ways. Although this seems to be a good deal for the inhabitants of the Coliseum and, by extension, the fans of those teams, it comes with one caveat.

In addition to now holding a vested interest in the Coliseum, as well as several other stadiums and sports franchises, AEG is also working with the NFL on building a football stadium in Los Angeles.

That project has led to concerns that AEG might try to poach the Raiders out of the Coliseum and into a new, state-of-the-art facility in downtown Los Angeles.

Asked directly by Coliseum authority commissioner Nate Miley if AEG intended "to try to poach our teams," AEG facility chief Chris Wright said, "Absolutely not."

AEG will make at least $3 million in the agreement to operarate the Coliseum and would have to pay back at least $6 million if moved the Raiders, A's or Warriors.

The Coliseum authority also included provisions that limit AEG from persuading any team to move to a city within 50 miles of Oakland, but antitrust laws halt provisions preventing any move altogether.

"We're trying to get something done up here, but if we can't, we've got to get something done somewhere because we need to be able to compete," Raiders owner Mark Davis said in January. "Los Angeles is a possibility."

AEG has unveiled plans for a 1.7-million-square-foot football stadium next to the Staples Center and plans to invest $1 billion into the project if it can convince an NFL team to move to Los Angeles. The stadium already has a corporate sponsor and would be named Farmers Field.

AEG's plan has come under scrutiny by Los Angeles City Councilman Bill Rosendahl over what he said was a lack of specifics on the proposed stadium's environmental impact.

L.A. has not had an NFL team since 1995 when the Raiders and the Rams both left.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Report: Raiders interested in RB Cedric Benson

By Jon Becker Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 at 3:32 pm in Oakland Raiders.

With both Steve Corkran and Jerry McDonald on vacation this week, we’re a little slow with this news. Sorry!

It sounds as if the Raiders may not be content with their running back situation behind starter Darren McFadden. ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that the Raiders are showing interest in free agent running back Cedric Benson.

Benson, who has topped the 1,000-yard mark the past three seasons, has not drawn much interest from teams. He’s had off-field problems each of the past two seasons — assault charges that resulted in Benson being suspended for three games this season.

McFadden, who missed nine games this past season with a foot injury, is at full strength now. However, he’s missed at least three games in each of his first four seasons in the NFL. And, with Michael Bush leaving the Raiders to sign with the Chicago Bears, Oakland is left with second-year man Taiwan Jones and ex-Carolina Panther Mike Goodson as its primary backups at running back. Jones had 16 carries for 73 yards for the Raiders in 2011, while Goodson had no carries with Carolina.

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie has maintained throughout the offseason that he doesn’t have the financial flexibility to sign big-name free agents. Given the lack of interest in Benson, though, it’s unlikely he would be seeking a huge payday.

With that in mind, do you think the Raiders should sign Benson?