The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2011
i thought he did a great job with denvers D this year. with tebow leading the NFL in 3 and outs they really had to work hard. nice pick up by the raiders and he knows the broncos so you guys should go 2-0 vs broncos next year

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
I cant even speculate on what or how good the Raiders front office decisons will be...I just want to see a winning team..Hopefully this Mckenzie is making the right moves...

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
reggie surprised me, i thought he would for sure go with a GB guy. goes to show he's out there looking for the best guy, not just his boys.
it's not too surprising tho, it seems he's trying to show he will run things his way as he sees fit with the hue firing and now not going with someone from his past.

Nov 1, 2004
I think all the speculation about him hiring someone from Green Bay was all created by the media because they really don't know shit.
My sources say their sources are usually full of shit.

I've heard some good things about Allen on the radio today. His players, including Champ Bailey, talked highly of him.

I like that he is a young guy so he has that fire in him to succeed still. Let's see how this staff fills out. Maybe we can get Wylie, Saunders and Bones Fassel back. Everyone one on the D side can go to the UFL/College where they belong.
I'm kind of hoping for huge moves.
Something like trading Dmac or Seymour, or both.
Shake things up some more, I'm sick of this terrible fucking franchise pissing me off every year since 2003.
The last 3 Raider games I've been to were vs the Chiefs this year, Dolphins last year and Patriots the year before... All three we got CRUSHED. I'm tired of that shit.

Let's see what kind of staff he brings in. Maybe we can start getting some early false hopes. haha

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Not sold on this coach hire at all. Dude has zero head coaching experience at any level and has only been a NFL DC for one year. His biggest career accomplishment so far has been turning an absolutely shit defense into an -average- defense. I also read an article the other day about head coaches under 40 having a 36% winning percentage and it's only that high because Mike Tomlin took over a Super Bowl team, scary stat when you hire a 39 year old with zero experience.

But of course I know Reggie must have saw something in him so I'll definitely give him a chance before I bash it.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I hate the first year coach thing... At some point every coach was a first year coach.... Give the guy a chance..
But of course I know Reggie must have saw something in him so I'll definitely give him a chance before I bash it.
:/

Pretty much said that....my only worry was going from a position coach to head coach within a year, on top of that with the team he has he's pretty much expected to be a playoff team immediately.

Jun 23, 2005
imagine how mad everyone would be if we traded mcfadden and he was healthy the whole year and ran for over 2000 yards lol we would all hate mckenzie with a passion

Nov 3, 2011
I think all the speculation about him hiring someone from Green Bay was all created by the media because they really don't know shit.
My sources say their sources are usually full of shit.

I've heard some good things about Allen on the radio today. His players, including Champ Bailey, talked highly of him.

I like that he is a young guy so he has that fire in him to succeed still. Let's see how this staff fills out. Maybe we can get Wylie, Saunders and Bones Fassel back. Everyone one on the D side can go to the UFL/College where they belong.
I'm kind of hoping for huge moves.
Something like trading Dmac or Seymour, or both.
Shake things up some more, I'm sick of this terrible fucking franchise pissing me off every year since 2003.
The last 3 Raider games I've been to were vs the Chiefs this year, Dolphins last year and Patriots the year before... All three we got CRUSHED. I'm tired of that shit.

Let's see what kind of staff he brings in. Maybe we can start getting some early false hopes. haha

are u insane!?!? trade dmac ???? sure hes a flower but that dude is a BEAST when hes healthy! seymour is also pretty good.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Seymour played like shit last season. He had something like 3 games down the stretch without a single tackle. The only reason we probably won't cut him is because of his contract. Otherwise he'd probably be gone

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
also, the more I think about it... the more I agree we should trade McFadden. he's beast when healthy, but who cares if he's never healthy?? the shelf life for running backs isn't long anyways. He's already been in the league 4 years. Within a few years he's gonna be past his prime anyways. Just to be clear... I'm saying IF the price is right. McKenzie is known for being a great talent evaluator, therefore, draft picks are much more valuable to the team now. if he can get a pick or 2 for D-Mac and turn that into one or 2 productive players who actually PLAYS... then it's a great move IMO