THE OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2009 OFFSEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2002
How long will the effects last?
Fifth metatarsal fractures usually heal within 6 weeks. Jones fractures may take longer to heal and may need surgery.

When can I return to my normal activities?
Everyone recovers from an injury at a different rate. Return to your activities will be determined by how soon your foot recovers, not by how many days or weeks it has been since your injury has occurred. The goal of rehabilitation is to return you to your normal activities as soon as is safely possible. If you return too soon you may worsen your injury.

You may start rehabilitation exercises when your provider has taken a follow-up X-ray and see that your fracture has healed. You may safely return to your normal activities when, starting from the top of the list and progressing to the end, each of the following is true:

You have full range of motion in the injured foot compared to the uninjured foot.
You have full strength of the injured foot compared to the uninjured foot.
You can walk straight ahead without pain or limping.

U of M.com

I'LL SAY FASTER THAN 6 WEEKS.HE'S YOUNG THATS A GOOD THING WHEN INJURIES COME INTO PLAY

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
fuckin chaz!!!!! I got a text from espn (one of the only ones that wasn't about favre) and hella started cursing at work when I saw that shit.

meta - how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking, I wanna get tickets to the opener since it's 2 days before my birthday, I had them last year too, I waited till the last minute and got a good ass deal from stubhub but I'm not sure if I wanna wait like I did before.

also if anyone else know where to get good prices on tickets for this or other games this year that'd be dope

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
meta - how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking, I wanna get tickets to the opener since it's 2 days before my birthday, I had them last year too, I waited till the last minute and got a good ass deal from stubhub but I'm not sure if I wanna wait like I did before.
$144 per ticket... $168 with additonal service/shipping charges they add on

but they're pretty dope seats, I think like 25 rows back right around the 50 yard line behind the Raiders sideline... copped em from the ticketmaster ticket exchange where you buy from season ticket holders

Dec 2, 2006
better rep those colors out there hard... those steelers fans are gonna talk hella shit... but fuck em

I'd actually like to go to an away game sometime in my life just so I can rep my shit in hostile territory
my folks is a big pittsburgh fan. he mentioned it over the weekend. we are looking for tickets as we speak. hopefully we can get tickets, flight, and a room for a rack each. we are looking to leave friday the fourth, early afternoon, and come back sunday night.

no doubt i will be repping my shit!

Sep 24, 2006
i need to find me a jersey somewhere so i can rep my shit radio what kinda seats are you looking for? i did find some nose bleed ones for like 70 each but im just trying to find something closer to the action if i can. Anyone know where to get a jersey from up here in pa they aint got none in stores and I dont wanna pay 200 off the raiders store or nfl.com.

Mar 16, 2005
i need to find me a jersey somewhere so i can rep my shit radio what kinda seats are you looking for? i did find some nose bleed ones for like 70 each but im just trying to find something closer to the action if i can. Anyone know where to get a jersey from up here in pa they aint got none in stores and I dont wanna pay 200 off the raiders store or nfl.com.
ebay

Jan 12, 2006

As for Tuesday morning's joint practice with the 49ers ...

** Going through notes, trying to find something -- anything -- nice to say, and there's fullback Lorenzo Neal showing he can still take out a blitzer after 16 NFL seasons.

** Tight end Tony Stewart made two dynamic catches as he continues a strong camp.

Once considered a blocker with special teams skill, he is showing the hands to be a perfect complement to Zach Miller. The more Stewart does this, the more expendable sixth-round draft pick Brandon Myers becomes.

Myers' can make it as a special teams guy, too. In punt drills, he put two players on the ground.

** Otherwise, there was a lot of bad going on, especially in blocking drills.

49ers running back Frank Gore just blasted Raiders middle linebackers Ricky Brown and Kirk Morrison, per other reporters (I was watching the offense, but our 49ers writer told me all about it).

I did see Manny Lawson work Raiders left tackle Mario Henderson on consecutive plays, using a nasty inside spin on the second.

On one drill, 49ers end Justin Smith got his hands under Miller's pads and drove him like a blocking sled for a good 5 yards.

The Raiders running backs got beat to the ground by the Niners linebackers, with the exception of Neal and an occasional Justin Fargas. I kept looking for a positive sign. I'll keep looking.

It was that kind of day.

** Darrius Heyward-Bey dropped two passes early, but he's got nothing on Will Franklin, who was seen dropping four balls -- and that's just when I was paying attention.

DHB looked best on the last play of practice, when he ran down a Russell pass and got his feet inbounds with 14 seconds left in the 2-minute drill. That set up a winning field goal.

** Russell saved his worst decisions for plays that never would have happened.

Tapped for a sack, Russell threw anyway and had an interception dropped. Tagged again on a corner blitz, Russell promptly threw into double coverage and was intercepted.

** In a buried lead, the NFL confirmed they are looking into the Randy Hanson incident. Raiders coach Tom Cable said "nothing happened" when reporters kept asking Tuesday. This won't go away so easily.

** It's impossible to see everything at once in these joint practices with the Raiders offense/Niners defense on one field and the Raiders defense/Niners offense on the other.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?blogid=11&entry_id=45757#readmore#ixzz0Of9Lb4K0