THE OFFICIAL GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2009 OFFSEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
a rookie would develop and make us good for a long time, BD would be a temporary fix thats if hes the old baron that was there when they pulled the upset on the mavs, if its the Baron that was with the clippers last season, Do Not Want! Plus he'd cost more than a rookie would.
But rookies get no run under nellie, he hampers the development of young players....We need to trade the pick........And get a veteran PG.....Someone mentioned Andre Miller...and that would be nice...

Apr 25, 2002
Buike and Watson came up from the D-League so Nelly had enough trust in them. Morrow probably got more playtime than he was suppose to get because everybody was out injured throughout the whole season. i really doubt they are gonna keep the #7 draft pick
Im still pretty confident if the W's drafted a PG thats already a little polished from college and can play Nellie's style, they will get playing time. If you look at the rookies that didn't get playing time under Nelly, most of them were extremely young and raw. Doesn't mean I completely agree with the way he developes his players, but people who say he doesn't give ANY rookies playing don't know what they're talking about. Look at Josh Howard and Marquis Daniels.

Aug 13, 2005
looks like this guys gonna be on the summer squad

6'8 225 Forward

Chi Lewis-Parry Offered Trial With NBA Golden State Warriors

Rocks star Lewis-Parry to get on his wagon and hit the gold rush for NBA glory

Scottish Rocks ace Chi LewisParry could be rubbing shoulders with basketball legends such as LeBron James and Kobe Bryant if he can impress NBA bosses.

The Londoner who joined the Rocks from Guildford Heat last summer will fly out to California next month after being offered a trial for NBA Western Conference side, Golden State Warriors.

Lewis-Parry's dream chance came 12 months ago after being spotted by a Warriors scout when playing in a Californian summer league and was told to get some BBL match action under his belt and come back in a year's time.
Now he is set to tread a path blazed by other Brits who have graced the world's biggest basketball stage such as Luol Deng, Pops Mensah-Bonsu and Paisley's own Robert Archibald.

He said: "I fly out to Oakland next month and I can't wait to get started.
"Even if they only take me on as a training player, I will be delighted because not only will it be a foot in the door but it will be an opportunity to learn from the best players in the best league.

"If I'm unsuccessful then so be it because I will have had a go and will always look back on my career saying, 'At least I tried' because the worst question anyone can ask themselves in life is, 'What if?'.

"I didn't want to be sitting in front of the telly in years to come watching the NBA and wondering if I could have been there.

"This whole thing came about off my own back because I'm a natural self-starter and if you want to get into the NBA scouts' radar, you have to go looking for it.

"I didn't want to be in front of the mirror doing a Marlon Brando and asking if I could have been a contender."

Lewis-Parry packed up his rucksack and landed himself a berth in the summer leagues and made an immediate impact.

He added: "I started off well but midway through last summer, I hit a purple patch and my points totals were hitting the high twenties.

"Word clearly reached someone at the Golden State Warriors and a guy from the club came down for a look.

"As it happened, the game he was at saw me rack up 29 points and he clearly liked what he saw.

"He said to me that in order to be in good nick for the trial period, it would be advisable to go back to the BBL and get a full season under my belt - which I did when I joined the Rocks."

Jun 22, 2007
Warriors like shooter Williams
By Marcus Thompson
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 06/02/2009 07:18:33 PM PDT
Updated: 06/02/2009 10:44:17 PM PDT

OAKLAND — Perhaps the last thing the Warriors need is another swingman. They have a roster full of shooting guards and small forwards.

But if they are going for best player available when they select No. 7 overall in the NBA draft June 25, the pick may be another swingman.

Louisville senior Terrence Williams — an athletic and physical 6-foot-6, 220-pound shooting guard — might make the Warriors consider adding to their excess. He's been linked to them in the draft rumor mill. Plus, a team source said coach Don Nelson loves Williams.

"Right after they call my name, I'd be on the next plane and come here," he said of his reaction should the Warriors draft him. "And won't leave here. Ever."

Williams was the most notable player in Tuesday's group workout at Golden State's practice facility. For the second and final day, two groups of NBA hopefuls worked out for an hour each before representatives of some 20 NBA teams. They had to play some 2-on-2 this time as North Carolina big man Tyler Hansbrough didn't show up, leaving the first group with only five players.

Williams was joined by such notables as Arizona forward Chase Budinger, UCLA point guard Darren Collison and Gonzaga forward Austin Daye. Saint Mary's point guard Patty Mills highlighted Monday's crop.

Williams said he did "all right" Tuesday (though Temple guard Dionte Christmas seemed to have shined the most, according to the players). No Warriors
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!
executive was made available for comment, but it is widely accepted that Golden State is interested in Williams, though No. 7 overall is considered on the high side to draft him.

But Williams already has strong connections with the team and the city. His mentor is Oakland native Gary Payton, who is loaning his Las Vegas abode to Williams. His agent is Oakland-based Aaron Goodwin. And Williams is tight with Warriors guard Jamal Crawford, a fellow alum of Rainier Beach High in Seattle.

Williams would bring some physicality and versatility to the Warriors bench. He can rebound, defend multiple positions and make plays on both ends. He is the only player in Louisville history to total 1,500 points, 900 rebounds, 500 assists and 2,000 steals.

While he isn't regarded as a good shooter or prolific scorer, he can play point-forward. See why Nelson is such a fan?

"I'll play point-forward, center, Gatorade protector, anything," Williams said. "That's what I played in college. That's what I played in high school, AAU."

Per general consensus, the Warriors need a point guard more than they need another guard/forward. But drafting Williams, if they want him, could make sense if they plan to move a similar player or two. Adding Williams might make Golden State more comfortable parting with shooting guard Marco Belinelli or swingman Kelenna Azubuike — especially if doing so would result in filling its need for a point guard and/or veteran experience.

With the draft still three weeks away, Williams isn't buying the hype about the Warriors' interest.

"I heard that," he said, "but until I sit down with Nellie and the GM and they tell me that, then I don't buy rumors. If my name got called by them, then I'll believe they're interested."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_12505652