THE OFFICIAL GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2009 OFFSEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Jackson abandons captaincy

Stephen Jackson, fresh off a two-game suspension for "conduct detrimental to the team," met with coach Don Nelson and general manager Larry Riley on Tuesday, practiced with the team and addressed the media. The headline of the 10-minute interview was Jackson's request to have his captain duties removed.

"I don't want these young guys to try to follow me," Jackson said. "I can't be a role model to guys who make the same amount of money as me. We're all in the NBA. I don't want to be a role model.

"Control your own game and what you do. Anytime I say something or get suspended, I don't blame it on coaches or teammates. I man up, take it and am responsible. I think everybody should be responsible for their own game, how they prepare and how they play. Don't look at me to get you going. Don't look at me to get the team going. I think everybody is responsible for themselves, and that's how it should be."

That's a far cry from Jackson's reaction to being named captain a couple of years ago. He was so excited then, that he apparently popped a champagne bottle with his friends.

"Being captain was overrated to me, anyway," Jackson said. "You don't do anything but go out before the game and talk to the refs. I don't want to do that, anyway.

"I'm still going to go out there and be real vocal and play my game with a lot of energy and intensity. ... Being a captain didn't make me play hard or make me make shots. It's a title, and it's overrated."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?blogid=39&entry_id=49502#ixzz0Trkb61Th

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Shaun Pruitt might be preparing for the pre-season with the Golden State Warriors but the team of Peristeri are getting anxious as they're no longer certain that he will sign them.

According to sportnet,gr, Peristeri are getting anxious about Shaun Pruitt still being in the States and practicing with the Golden State Warriors. He has played in 3 games in the preseason so far averaging, 10 minutes per game. Peristeri need Pruitt to get to them as soon as possible, because the Greek League starts on the 22nd of October and time is running short.

He is meant to be their starting center and they have already started making plans for alternative players. Pruitt played last season in Latvia, Czech Republic and China. His best performance was playing for BK Prostejov, averaging 16.4 points and 9.9 rebounds in 22 games in the Czech league.

http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2009/10/perister-waiting-on-shaun-pruitt.html

Jan 18, 2006
its more like Get rid of both of them, cant nellies system and really cannot stand Stephon Jackson. Mothafucka acts like hes a superstar, hes not that talented of a player.

Aug 7, 2003
his averages from last season say so.

he was one of four players to average what he did in points, rebs, assits and steals i think. lebron, d-wade, paul and sjax.

i dont remember the exact shit but he was up there was those superstars.

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
I'm a Warriors fan, and I gotta tell ya, there goes the Warriors season before it even started. No choice but to trade Jackson now, but the fact that he said what he said will make it even harder to trade him. As a man, not a Basketball player, he should have used more restraint before letting his anger get the best of him and saying what he said about being a captain. No player in any Sporting League will agree with him and his stance on why not to be a captain, no matter what their situation is with their team good or bad. You don't penalize your teamates who fight with you because the front office is fucked up and mistake prone to no end. He just threw the whole team under the bus by saying he has no interest in affecting the attitude of the younger players that are watching him. I don't think Jackson believes anything he said, but he put it out there and the media will not let him take it back. Like the cop in "Menace to Society" said, Jackson, you done fucked up now.........

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
^^^ anti props

"Basically, to beat a dead horse, (Bryant) was just playing dirty," Jackson said. "He was getting favoritism out there. I'm not saying the refs were cheating. I'm not saying that at all. I think he was getting away with stuff that I couldn't get away with. And I didn't think it was fair.

"So I reacted on it. And if it happens again, I'm going to react the same way."

"Nobody reacted but me so the team didn't have a reaction," Jackson said. "It was only me standing up for myself. I don't think anybody else stood up for me. But if the shoe was on the other foot, I would have stood up for somebody on my team. And they didn't do the same for me."

"I'm not going to bow down," Jackson said. "I'm not a fan of Kobe. I'm not somebody who looks up to him. I'm a grown man myself. So when I go out there and play the game, I play the game. I feel like I'm just as good as him. I might not get the publicity or notoriety he gets, but I feel like I can play with anybody in the NBA any given night.

"I think everybody should feel like that. Everybody should be a competitor and I don't back down from anybody. I've never been like that and I'm not going to start today. ... It ain't envy. I ain't jealous of anybody. At the end of the day I'm still blessed to be in this game, taking care of my family. I think it's just the fact that what's fair is fair and I want to be treated fair as a man. Just like anybody else would."

Aug 7, 2003
are you not paying attention ^^^??

the want to trade him now its just the offers they have been getting are garbage and another report is stated that we have to trade jackson plus our 2010 first round pick to get any significant value for him.

i still say keep him til tradeline when some team will get desperate or an injury will incur and they will trade for him. it's going to be a rough couple of months but who knows if we come out hte gates and we like 7 outta 10 or someshit like that.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
are you not paying attention ^^^??

the want to trade him now its just the offers they have been getting are garbage and another report is stated that we have to trade jackson plus our 2010 first round pick to get any significant value for him.

actually even him with the 1st round, teams were still offering garbage, basically dumping salary on us. which fucks us worse than keeping him. by a lot.

pretty much they need to resolve their differences or raise jacksons value until a decent trade is offered.

i'd rather keep him and get rid of nellie. but this probably wont happen unless nellie resigned himself or if the warriors sold to a new owner.

new owner would be the best thing ever for fans.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
broken kneecap, out for 6 weeks.

the first of what i expect to be many injuries, until he is no longer with the clippers.

but this is a warriors thread, go kill urselves somewhere else clippers fans.