THE NW IS WEAK

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 30, 2007
i post was purely saying if your a tell a tubby as bitch your a homo i like the writer then not the queer side of shit thank you tech your tubby as some fucking manners
^^^ if you gonna come with a different point of view at least make a statement that folks can understand....damn homie you make no sense at all...i mean...what the fuck are you talkin about?????

SYKO who produced most of Thizzelle Washington for Mac Dre is from Portland/Seattle. He's pretty much who started that deal, if I had to pick one person who did something for it.

I agree with you about good and bad shit from each state. It's like weed. You gotta find the right hook and then you're happy. lol

It's not everyone though. People I kick it with, well, some of them, do appreciate good music from the NW and don't hate. But it's few and far between. And what I've noticed is MOST of the cats who hate on people, are those who ARE doing something. Cause they don't want their 5 seconds of fame pulled out from under them.

There's a few people who help out or just don't hate on cats tryina do it.

Cool Nutz is one of them, Syko, Non Stop, B Dougie, Zicafekt....I've yet to hear these guys talk shit for no reason abotu someone's music....and I can't even say I've heard them be negative or seen negative posts about NW rappers or their music.
THATS KILLIN PEOPLE THE OL CRAB IN A BUCKET TYPE SHIT ONLY THAT THE PEOPLE AT THE TOP ARE PUSHIN THE UP AND COMERS DOWN

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
It's slow motion out here,catch a lil buzz,then wait 5 yrs to drop a sophomore album...waistin your time.Then they wanna pretend their official with a bogus company name/ record lable.This shits all for their own ego's for 98.2% of rappers.It's a part of their lifestyle,not a job.Same as the 68 year old drunk who reps his drinkin spot.LOOKIE HERE EVERYBODY..IM A RAPPER/LABEL OWNER/PROD. CO/livin in egypt,BUT REP THE BIG CITY!! come hither fat white bitches !!

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
"diuppin flippin chop[pin chickens...etc"
album? and if it's that mixtape that came out recently, i'm good. lol...cover is a nice rip off of the basshead cover. lol....

you really should know by now tho.....man, nevermind lol.....just remember words you use will catch certain bangwagons...the power of manipulation is a funny thing.

DLee

Sicc OG
Oct 9, 2002
www.turfgrindaz.com
My group Turf Grindaz is considered Hyphy, Club Music, West Coast. We get a lot of love from bay area DJs, Fans and Artists. Regardless of what you call it, it's feel good music. I have always been inspired by bay area music. So my music reflects that. Some love it, some hate it. You can't please everybody. I work with FunkDaddy who has produced for Mac Dre, E-40, JT of N2Deep, etc the list goes on and Big Ice.

Our album has been getting real good feedback. So give it a chance and you might be real suprised.

The name of the album is "Poundin' Tha Pavement". It is available on Itunes.com, CDbaby.com and Amazon.com. It is also available at all Silver Platters Locations in the Washington Area. You can allo cop it thought me via paypal for $10.

I just manufactured a 10 track CD single now available for $4, which includes shipping. So holla @'cha boy if you are interested.

Our websites are: www.myspace.com/turfgrindaz and www.turfgrindaz.com

PEACE & BLESSINGS

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I've been meaning to check it out. The Hyphy label is what turns me away.

When I see a Seattle based artist(s) calling themself/themselves that I think...

"Okay, so you took soem shit from the Bay. What are you really about though?"

And most of the time, if someone calls themself Hyphy, I won't give them that chance to tell me what they're about through their music.

Maybe I'm being too critical...but that's honestly how I am. And I'm okay with that.

I don't have to like everything, and artists shouldn't expect everyone to like their music, which I can tell you don't expect people to, you are the type of person who does what they feel is good, and if people like it then good. That is respectable.

Cats who talk out their ass like they've gone gold and then call people stupid ass names are worthless though. They are what makes this region a cesspool for bullshit. Cause they want to stay "on top" (when they aren't there) and they do so by hating on the next up and comer or anyone they see who could take their "shine" away.

The cats I fuck with, aren't like that. They're humble and anyone who really knows them would know that. Those are the only types of artists who are worthwhile in our region. Otherwise it's gonna be some old ass mutha fuckas hatin on the young cats who could actually bring some shine.

Music to me, isn't just music. I look at personal aspects as well. So if you're a piece of shit in real life, and talk shit to people for no reason, I won't support you. I'm not giving my money to some worthless faggot who doesn't know the meaning of respect. And very few people around this region have even heard of the word "respect" apparently.

DLee, I hope things go well for you and your label. You're the type of cat who deserves success cause you're not acting bitch made or like people owe you something.

I gives a fuck if someone sold 5 million records, that doesn't make the music good. Just means they sold a lot to people who just want to be entertained...well, I can entertain myself editing videos, doing graphics, etc, so the music better be fuckin good. lol :)

I also got some shit up my sleeve that nobody knows about but me and 5 other people. So, if that happens, I'll be making a nice thread about it. Could potentially be a very big chance for some NW cats. And I can smell the haters already....hahahaha...

DLee

Sicc OG
Oct 9, 2002
www.turfgrindaz.com
@ I AM,

I appreciate that. I respect you and your hustle. And I know we may get into our lil arguments, but it is for a good cause. We are a lot a like. We're strong minded, opininated and don't give a fuck. We speak our piece and nobody's going to change our mind. That is a leader. You are a leader.

To me Hyphy is party music. It's feel good music. I think that my group has been validated as being apart of the Hyphy movement based on the fact that I work with and endorsed by FunkDaddy and Big Ice. These are legends in regards to bay area music.

Also I don't believe that the "sound" whether it's "Mob Music" or "Hyphy" is just Bay music. The Northwest has contributed to the success and popularity of so-called bay music through the years. We have Syko, Bosko, Torry Ward, FunkDaddy Tone Capone & Mr. Spence (Portland), J. Silva, Littleton Miller & SuperSkillz, RC Da Traqaholic, Kevin Gardner/Redwine & Samuel Stevens (RIP)

This is our music as well, so I am going to represent it. The album has been getting real good feedback. I dropped two albums before, but this new album "Poundin' Tha Pavement" is special.

You should check it out and let me know what you think.

PEACE & BLESSINGS

Apr 7, 2004
Hyphy is garbage and that shit been dead for a minute. Branding your team with hyphy just brings your value down a whole lot. Djs in the bay don't play no hyphy music except the songs that took of a few years back and thats only at the clubs. I have turned down so many cds from cats with that sale pitch"my shit go/my shit slap/Im part of the hyphy movement"wtf. I actually listened to turf grindaz cd on there website. You guys put your project together well. Mixed and mastered the whole nine. The group sounded more like a 2009 N2Deep. I wouldn't put hyphy by anything if I was you guys. The whole world thinks hyphy is cats acting stupid and rapping stupid raps. Nobody takes it serious. Just push that hard line that turf grindaz has going for turf grindaz. Shit come up with your own movement. You do have your own sound so best of luck.

Nov 30, 2002
album? and if it's that mixtape that came out recently, i'm good. lol...cover is a nice rip off of the basshead cover. lol....

you really should know by now tho.....man, nevermind lol.....just remember words you use will catch certain bangwagons...the power of manipulation is a funny thing.
im not sure, i just got 2 mixes of b. dougie and its on there.. like i said.. hes one of my favorites at the moment...

and i know how manipulation is... that was my job for 3 years..lol

DLee

Sicc OG
Oct 9, 2002
www.turfgrindaz.com
Hyphy is garbage and that shit been dead for a minute. Branding your team with hyphy just brings your value down a whole lot. Djs in the bay don't play no hyphy music except the songs that took of a few years back and thats only at the clubs. I have turned down so many cds from cats with that sale pitch"my shit go/my shit slap/Im part of the hyphy movement"wtf. I actually listened to turf grindaz cd on there website. You guys put your project together well. Mixed and mastered the whole nine. The group sounded more like a 2009 N2Deep. I wouldn't put hyphy by anything if I was you guys. The whole world thinks hyphy is cats acting stupid and rapping stupid raps. Nobody takes it serious. Just push that hard line that turf grindaz has going for turf grindaz. Shit come up with your own movement. You do have your own sound so best of luck.
Thanks for tha love! I don't know, Man! We get a lot of love in regards to selling CDs. A lot of doors have opened up for us in regards to this particular album. I do feel what you're saying. Let's not get hung up on the term "Hyphy". It's a slang term, nothing more. Our music is party music and it does have a Bay area influenced sound to it.

And also thank you for taking the time to check out our music.

PEACE & BLESSINGS

Apr 7, 2004
Thanks for tha love! I don't know, Man! We get a lot of love in regards to selling CDs. A lot of doors have opened up for us in regards to this particular album. I do feel what you're saying. Let's not get hung up on the term "Hyphy". It's a slang term, nothing more. Our music is party music and it does have a Bay area influenced sound to it.

And also thank you for taking the time to check out our music.

PEACE & BLESSINGS
Whatever works,works.... Everybody is influenced by some type of music. Thats why every artist out now is rapping because they where influenced by other artist. The hard part is just finding your own sound that catch on and that goes for every artist. Do yall thing though,keep pushing you guys have a good sound

Apr 12, 2007
SORRY MATES I SAID SOME ANGRY SHIT ABOUT WHAT I THINK. So my point of view is that the game is full of snakes and ratts. Lately the north west has changed some if you dont know theres a invite. the only think im putting down is dumb people that think their in the clear for some fake ass shit their trying to pull. All the real north west artist doing the writting and aint fucking studio gangsters on a power trip thank you