The NW has a fuckin ego problem

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Damn man I thought I was done wit all this dumbass internet beef, but yo sweet ass had to go and fuk it up. You two days late bruh what the fuk is wrong wit you. Sensitive ass nigga over here writing essays and shit obviously u do care what the fuk I'm doing if u feeling the whole page wit bullshit ass comments. U trying so hard to sound smart and you just making an ass out of yourself. Your Northwest patnas already put me on game and sent me a whole bunch of music, they starting to change my impression of the NW, but it's faggots like you that make me think twice. Get ya thumb out ya ass and get wit the program.
HOLLA!

Holla ! ! HOLA HOLLLA !

May 8, 2008
I can only speak for a few, but I only rap about shit I've seen, done, been thru, etc. You will NEVER hear a verse from me, Cola, Crytical, 151, Skuntdunanna, or Wrong that has been manufactured in any way. We rap about reality shit and we got bars and substance to go with it. You will find it to be a very refreshing and quality listening experience if you end up checking us out. In fact, shoot me an email address and/or mailing address if you wanna hear what we bring.

Bay cats have a whole different mentality than NW cats, but a lot of NW cats wanna rap like they're from the Bay when they aren't. Believe me, that shit shows thru. Same way it shows thru when a rapper from the NW picks up a mic and suddenly develops an east coast accent because they grew up listening to the Wu Tang Clan while living in Seattle. But for a NW rapper to rap like they're part of the hyphy movement, makes me sick. Bay cats have been yokin, gas break dippin, hittin doughnuts, turnin intersections into a side show on a Tuesday afternoon in rush hour traffic, goin dumb (listen to the Humpty Dance), turf dancin, hangin out of cars, and being ignant for YEARS before this hyphy movement started. That shit is corny, too many people do it, and it makes our region look bad. I look at it like this....if you do you, they may not like it, but you leave them no choice but to respect it. I'm a bay cat too, even though I've mostly been in the NW for about 10 years, so I feel where you're coming from with most of what you say.

So on that note, a big fuck you to all of the "NW supporters" that bootlegged me and Colas album. There's a few on here and you know exactly who you are....

@Inasense -- Good lookin fam. I see you.

And just for the record, we DID NOT give Sixxness an album. He got if from someone who was on the record and gave one to him.

Fasho man I respect what u saying. Every region gotta have they own trademark. Don't bite other styles and try and pass it off as your own. That's why I love where I'm from. We do what we do, and cud giv a fuk what the rest of the country thinks. Trendsetters. I was just asking what the NW style was, because it seems like yall shouldn't be burdened with the gangsta rap ex trapper rapper shit like the rest of the game is.

May 2, 2002
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Fasho man I respect what u saying. Every region gotta have they own trademark. Don't bite other styles and try and pass it off as your own. That's why I love where I'm from. We do what we do, and cud giv a fuk what the rest of the country thinks. Trendsetters. I was just asking what the NW style was, because it seems like yall shouldn't be burdened with the gangsta rap ex trapper rapper shit like the rest of the game is.

Off top. we don't really have our own style out here (maybe because we have so many transplants). the east coast, chicago, the south, the bay and So Cal have their own styles. even though a lot of the world doesn't understand or even like the hyphy movement, they know about it. The Bay takes so much pride in being from the Bay and there are so many people in the Bay, that they got on that movement and took it worldwide. And the word trendsetters describes the Bay perfectly. They always have and always will go against the grain. It seems like the NW goes with the grain

I personally don't even consider myself a "rapper". I put words over beats and make them rhyme, but at the same time I just talk about my life and what comes from the heart. To me that's substance and that's what we try to bring to the table. We don't care about an image, our goal is to take you on a journey out of your reality and into our world. I know only a small percentage of people listen to that kind of music, but what am I supposed to do, not be me??? I think that's where the northwest has gone wrong. just do you and fuck everyone else. I don't think our region has a niche style and with how saturated the game is, and if you don't have that individual style, you don't stand a chance of succeeding.

Apr 7, 2006
I got folks from Oakland that haven't even been exposed to music from the other side of the bay bridge, so I'm surprised that this brotha is actually wanting to know about NW music... This is a good day!

So yeah as a fellow bay represenative, I been to Seattle and Portland... and I will say that they got sum real D-Boyz out there... although the ones I kicked it wit weren't rappers... actually one dude was heavily connected in Cali, got stuck up in Folsom for a min and bounced back better than ever.... Another cat tried to rob 'em and ended up gettin' shot in the eye... they ended up becoming homeboys later thru some mutual friends or sumptin'... when I met 'em dude had a glass eye...

To be honest wit you, I was suprised by the amount of black folks out in Portland... I was staying at my boy's crib on NE 7th and Jessup on a little vacation back in '01... I heard that a lot has changed over there since then due to gentrification (a word that the Town will become more familiar with as time goes by)...

Either way, I wouldn't pass judgment on any city before visiting... I seen a dude get stomped out in Seattle the same way folks get it back home lol

... oh and encountered Crips in both cities and on the train traveling between cities (shout out to Tacoma)...

Actually in this forum they got this thread http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=249853&highlight=lil+smurfon it's about a documentary that goes into detail about certain gangs in Portland and what many consider to be the most notorious banger among them... Lil Smurf...

In closing, I would encourage everybody to travel while they can.. it's a big world out there...

Been to NY (from Manhattan to Brooklyn to uptown to southside/Jamaica Queens)... show luv they show it back

Even when I hit Vietnam - shit was the same in a sense that cats rep where they grew up at and will put the hurt on those who disrespect, even if they got no mic skills...

In closing, as my old roomate from Compton would say: Same shit, different toilet...

May 8, 2008
The last to comments were both on some real shit. On the real every hood is the same, and every huslter has the same objective. Westcoast just needs to unite and stick together. Normally I dont consider my self a Westcaost cat, ima a Bay nigga, and East Oakland cat at that, but that aint a good attitude to have. I cant speak for u NW cats, but yall probably rep NW to tha fullest, and consider Cali to be Westcoast. We all gotta be Westcoast if we ever gon get back on top.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Damn man I thought I was done wit all this dumbass internet beef, but yo sweet ass had to go and fuk it up. You two days late bruh what the fuk is wrong wit you. Sensitive ass nigga over here writing essays and shit obviously u do care what the fuk I'm doing if u feeling the whole page wit bullshit ass comments. U trying so hard to sound smart and you just making an ass out of yourself. Your Northwest patnas already put me on game and sent me a whole bunch of music, they starting to change my impression of the NW, but it's faggots like you that make me think twice. Get ya thumb out ya ass and get wit the program.
Don't mind Dirty Shoez aka Harold. He's just happy that he has someone to talk shit to and write novels about now. He goes in waves on being here and not being here but when he is he makes sure to annoy as many people as possible.

I could give a fuck less if you like NW music or not, and if you didn't but now you do, that's fine too. I don't usually give a shit about what other peopel like or don't like.

And there was a comment in here about rappers only talking about shit they've seen, done, or been through....

My only beef with part of this, is that if you SEE someone get shot in the face or something, and you rap about doing it or something else than SEEING it, it's still bullshit. I hear people that I KNOW rapping about shit that I know they do'nt do or say or feel. Either that or they are just complete liars.

There are a lot of rappers that have talked false shit on diss tracks in this town, not realizing they were inches away from being blasted at a "friendly" meeting to talk about the bullshit. Half the people that make diss tracks in this town are probably bitches who get no attention. And then there's another 25% who embelish the shit and act harder than they really are and then 15% that just straight lie...and MAYBE 10% of them actually say shit that's true, in a FACTUAL sense. Not "I think this is true so I'll say it." Opinions are not fact. And these dumb ass fucks need to educate themselves as to what a FACT is versus what they think, cause they aint' that fucking smart (for the most part).

I just hate mother fuckers that act like something or try to be something that they are not. It's something that I see happening way too much in this town and region. A lot of these cats think they are hard as fuck and will "smash you on site." But when they get into a fight they get their ass fuckin handed to them. Funny thing is, a lot of these people are on here.

I got A LOT of respect for the cats that don't put out that "I'm harder than everyone" act cause they are being honest with THEMSELVES and the "FANS." Selling drugs don't make you hard. Fighting with people (fist fighting etc) when you're over the age of 28-30 is NOT hard, it's super fucking immature. Rapping doesn't make you hard. Being in a gang doesn't make you hard. Talking shit about people you don't know doesn't make you hard. In all honesty, the only people TRYING to be hard are fuckin posers anyway cause they're trying. If you're a man abotu your shit and are honest and own up to shit and handle your fuckin business, that's being hard in my opinion. Doing your shit and not letting people fuck you. Fuck all that "i'm hard cause I'm a crip." Fuck, that does not make you hard. That makes you dependent on other individuals.

There are people who just do their thing, make good music, and don't worry about what "the fans" are going to think. I think they make the best music cause they aren't being fake or trying to prove shit to people.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
And just for the record, we DID NOT give Sixxness an album. He got if from someone who was on the record and gave one to him.
My bad Notes, I should have made that clear. Notes and COLA did not give me the album. I got it from a mutual friend who had multiple copies of it and knew I would enjoy it.

Dec 12, 2006
Dayum that was alot to read, yall did go harsh on my brotha across the bridge from the town. I really felt that the bay and the NW are totally differnt regions influnced by similar things and the differences are really high lighted. Theres almost a instant crediblity we give to people out in the bay if we hear like oh they from the deep east or they from downtown filmo or sunnydale. NW is on a coo hype but its on its own hype which I think is hard for people to make clear from outside the area. I really liked Certified tho outta Spokane, Spo is a cool city man but FUCK that last winter, I almost died out there in my chevy couple times

Jan 16, 2008
I gotta a question for all Northwestern rappers...What do yall rap about? It can't be about what most other rappers do. Yall cant be rapping about guns and drugs and hood shit because there aint no hood up there.
I respect your opinion and all cause everybody has a right to one but i gotta say i disagree with this. first of all the drugs, oregon bro we got trees!!! the northwest also has more meth users than anywhere else per person, i'm not trynna glorify meth use but you really can't say nothin bout drugs up here.

another thing, wouldn't it be a good thing if we were rappin about somethin other than guns and drugs instead of saying exactly what everybody else is sayin?

and on the guns, I know for a fact theres plenty up here, just because somebody doesn't get shot everyday doesn't mean people dont got em. ask about my lil white homie, hes only 14.

I feel you on the hood part though its some shady neighborhoods here and there but nothin i wouldnt walk thru.

Jul 21, 2008
www.mikedrastic.com
I'll save my opinions for now. Most of yall dont know me (some do)...but all I can say is when I finally refocused myself to the people on the East and in the South (who I got mad love for). I got 100% of that love back. It's been crazy..and I haven't even shifted into second gear yet with what I'm about to do. The NW....if you know me, you my people 100, but the rest of the region - I just let it go. No hate, I was just stompin the foot to see who'd stomp back, see if we get the whole crowd to react, but it wasn't happening.

Anyways, I just learned that yeah your own area tends to be the hardest on you, sure, but sometimes what "you" do as a style and your message, is better received by cats in other areas. NW rappers may blow up in Europe, a southern cat may catch fire in the NE, and maybe some Bay area artist does phenomenal in South America. Who knows......but I do know that for some of us here in the NW - this probably isn't where it's gonna happen. For those of you leading the way - more power to yall..be the first to put the NW on the map for real! I'm behind ya all the way.

Most of yall who don't know me, won't know me. Figuratively speakin'. Im still out here in the scene, so I'm sure we'll meet..but I just don't "push" myself here anymore. My sights are set from East of the Mississippi to the borders of China. I was in ATL last year..and I'll be going back, because that's who wants me...but I'll always remember Seattle.

Apr 10, 2006
kinda funny that the only time we get this many non NW cats in a single thread....is a post made by a NW cat..bangin on NW artists...

No False shit in my verses.........@I AM some of that shit u typin is very non-specific(No Names?)..... when u say things like Most of the people on here(this forum) are the ones that have Egos.....and are lyin/tryin to act hard on their tracks.....i think about how many actual active NW artists post in this particular forum..its not alot..i aint tryin to be lumped in wit all that wack shit...if u gonna go on wit ur campaign fuck passive agressive drop a name on em!!! dont throw us all under the bus.............
and...why talk about any reason why THE NW aint never gone make it....and then in the same thread admit that you dont even support((AS IN PURCHASE)) the artists u do like...or listen to...how ironic is that?????

Nov 25, 2004
I got folks from Oakland that haven't even been exposed to music from the other side of the bay bridge, so I'm surprised that this brotha is actually wanting to know about NW music... This is a good day!

So yeah as a fellow bay represenative, I been to Seattle and Portland... and I will say that they got sum real D-Boyz out there... although the ones I kicked it wit weren't rappers... actually one dude was heavily connected in Cali, got stuck up in Folsom for a min and bounced back better than ever.... Another cat tried to rob 'em and ended up gettin' shot in the eye... they ended up becoming homeboys later thru some mutual friends or sumptin'... when I met 'em dude had a glass eye...

To be honest wit you, I was suprised by the amount of black folks out in Portland... I was staying at my boy's crib on NE 7th and Jessup on a little vacation back in '01... I heard that a lot has changed over there since then due to gentrification (a word that the Town will become more familiar with as time goes by)...

Either way, I wouldn't pass judgment on any city before visiting... I seen a dude get stomped out in Seattle the same way folks get it back home lol

... oh and encountered Crips in both cities and on the train traveling between cities (shout out to Tacoma)...

its good to see out of town cats visiting the NW......they just dont know

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
kinda funny that the only time we get this many non NW cats in a single thread....is a post made by a NW cat..bangin on NW artists...

@I AM some of that shit u typin is very non-specific(No Names?)..... when u say things like Most of the people on here(this forum) are the ones that have Egos.....and are lyin/tryin to act hard on their tracks.....i think about how many actual active NW artists post in this particular forum..its not alot..i aint tryin to be lumped in wit all that wack shit...if u gonna go on wit ur campaign fuck passive agressive drop a name on em!!! dont throw us all under the bus.............
and...why talk about any reason why THE NW aint never gone make it....and then in the same thread admit that you dont even support((AS IN PURCHASE)) the artists u do like...or listen to...how ironic is that?????
I'm not banging on NW artists. If you felt that I was talking about you, that's not my problem. I wasn't talking about you though.

In case you missed what I said about you, I said you are one of the most humble cats I've met. And that I have a lot of respect for you. Maybe that post didn't go through, it may have been the one that I had to re-type. But you ain't one of the people I am talking about. Notes isn't one of them either.

And I don't see why I have to buy people's shit. I may not buy it but I still get at least 5-10 other people I know to get it once I've listened to it. And if I get my shit for free, why would I pay for it? The artists that I do listen to and like, I have their shit. Just cause I don't give them $5 for it doesn't mean I'm not supportive. If I like something, I'm the first person to tell EVERYONE that I know about it. I was actually trying to get 5 more copies of your album cause I know people who want it. But since I'm not supportive and I'm apparently some fuckin asshole maybe I really shouldn't give a shit about this music scene anymore.

As far as name dropping goes...why? The cats that I do list are too stupid to realize it themselves anyway and I'll just be the asshole talking shit again. I finally took a vacation last week, and I really don't give a flying shit about these people anyway cause they aren't going to go anywhere as rappers or people in general. I think the listing the people who I think are respectable would work better, cause that list is probably a lot shorter.

I'll just say this. I started this thread in responce to young willz' thread about 50 Cent apparently biting his album cover. On top of some of the cats that I have met or "known" for a few years. Dude's thread was a fucking joke and it makes him and other NW rappers (to outsiders) look like fucking whiny fags that really are not using their fucking brains. Sometimes I wonder why people even post shit on here. Cause a lot of shit that gets said makes me lose respect for people. I'm sure I say shit that makes people not like me, and that's great cause I'm at least being completely honest about what I think and I don't lie about what I do.

Like I said, I don't consider you to be one of those people COLA. I'm surprised you didn't know that, cause every time I've met you or kicked it with you we've been cool. But I guess that was a couple years ago at least. So if you need the refresher, in my opinion you are one of the more humble and respectable NW artists (and people in general), from what I've seen.

rah rah, put your fuckin pom pom's down. you're the first to be on someone's dick when they say something to me. grow the FUCK up you little child.