The NW has a fuckin ego problem

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 30, 2002
And I don't see why I have to buy people's shit. I may not buy it but I still get at least 5-10 other people I know to get it once I've listened to it. And if I get my shit for free, why would I pay for it? The artists that I do listen to and like, I have their shit. Just cause I don't give them $5 for it doesn't mean I'm not supportive. If I like something, I'm the first person to tell EVERYONE that I know about it. I was actually trying to get 5 more copies of your album cause I know people who want it. But since I'm not supportive and I'm apparently some fuckin asshole maybe I really shouldn't give a shit about this music scene anymore.

youre kidding right? "i dont buy it buy i get 5-10 people to buy it" get the fuck outta here man. Thats the biggest load of bullshit i ever heard. I know you support the NW scene, been hearin you for years and yeah, you do support the NW scene. but lets face the facts.. youre all talk homie. unwilling to cough up $5 for an album???? you support with your ears and with your mouth.. but that dont matter.. "SHOW ME THE MONEY" NOT ONE ARITSTS CARES WHETHER YOU LIKE THEIR MUSIC... when it comes down to it... pay up.. thats all they care about ESPECIALLY if theyre tryin to live off of it.. what you just said was about on the level of an old school tadou statement.. youre actin like you mean something to these artists and you dont.. i know you know what it takes to drop an album.. you been around d-sane, bd,etc. etc. So of all people why arent you sayin "Oh the albums $5? fuck that heres a 20!" get real man.. you can spread it word of mouth all you want.. and im sure the artists appreciate it.. but what youre doin is a PERFECT example of "Money talks and Bullshit Walks".

**EDIT** and im sure those people appreciate the fact that you speak what you feel bout their music and dont hold nothin back... raw truth and honest about it.. every artists needs it whether you liek it or not (shout out to xpanther too!)... but youre holdin back your pockets... which is costing them money.. dont matter if you refer 100 people... youre still holding free product.. you tell 10000000000000000 people to go to a mom and pops store but you always steal the shit you want cause you refered that many people to them.. thats not stealing cause you refered them? You didnt neccasairly steal from any artist.. but you showin a VERY small amount of love "Great album! i didnt buy it.. but good job guys!"

Apr 10, 2006
@I AM...
i knew u wasnt talkin bout me....i was never confused on that..but all these folks on here readin and replyin dont know who u talkin bout....and as I said i aint tyrin to be lumped in wit all that....

Jul 10, 2002
rah rah, put your fuckin pom pom's down. you're the first to be on someone's dick when they say something to me. grow the FUCK up you little child.
' in adult charlie brown voice' waa waa waa waa waa waa frickin frackin waa waa frick frackin' neuter yourself waa waa waa FUk fuk fuk

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
when it comes down to it... pay up.. thats all they care about ESPECIALLY if theyre tryin to live off of it.. what you just said was about on the level of an old school tadou statement..
For the record, I bought infinitely more CDs back then than I do now. Back then, I was passionate with money to spare. Now, I'm jaded and keep my money close.

**EDIT** and im sure those people appreciate the fact that you speak what you feel bout their music and dont hold nothin back... raw truth and honest about it.. every artists needs it whether you liek it or not (shout out to xpanther too!)... but youre holdin back your pockets... which is costing them money.. dont matter if you refer 100 people... youre still holding free product.. you tell 10000000000000000 people to go to a mom and pops store but you always steal the shit you want cause you refered that many people to them.. thats not stealing cause you refered them? You didnt neccasairly steal from any artist.. but you showin a VERY small amount of love "Great album! i didnt buy it.. but good job guys!"
(Why the fuck am I about to defend I AM. What the fuck is wrong with me...)

See above. I don't buy shit. I just went to a concert a few weeks back (E-40, Cool Nutz, Parker Brothaz, Mr DOG)--didn't buy shit. Had the cash there ready to go. But, no sale. Why? Didn't feel like it. Did I go search the internet to get the albums? Or beg for free copies? No. Neither. I will buy the albums when I motherfucking well feel like it. And you and anyone else can either respect that, or eat dick like food.

I haven't bought ANY CDs/DVDs of ANYTHING in the last couple months. CDs/DVDs are luxury items--bottom line. I don't need to keep 10lbs of shrimp in my freezer at all times to tell someone else that shrimp is the shit, and they should stock up next time its on sale.

If you don't like my methodology, its simple: YOU go work 2 jobs. YOU pay off my credit cards. YOU pay off my car loan. YOU pay off my student loans. And then YOU buy me the CDs, and I will listen to them.

Besides, it's not about the size of your collection. When it comes to referring people to hot music, it's about whether or not you're a fuckin dipshit that will claim just about anything is hot.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
And I don't see why I have to buy people's shit. I may not buy it but I still get at least 5-10 other people I know to get it once I've listened to it. And if I get my shit for free, why would I pay for it? The artists that I do listen to and like, I have their shit. Just cause I don't give them $5 for it doesn't mean I'm not supportive. If I like something, I'm the first person to tell EVERYONE that I know about it. I was actually trying to get 5 more copies of your album cause I know people who want it. But since I'm not supportive and I'm apparently some fuckin asshole maybe I really shouldn't give a shit about this music scene anymore.

youre kidding right? "i dont buy it buy i get 5-10 people to buy it" get the fuck outta here man. Thats the biggest load of bullshit i ever heard. I know you support the NW scene, been hearin you for years and yeah, you do support the NW scene. but lets face the facts.. youre all talk homie. unwilling to cough up $5 for an album???? you support with your ears and with your mouth.. but that dont matter.. "SHOW ME THE MONEY" NOT ONE ARITSTS CARES WHETHER YOU LIKE THEIR MUSIC... when it comes down to it... pay up.. thats all they care about ESPECIALLY if theyre tryin to live off of it.. what you just said was about on the level of an old school tadou statement.. youre actin like you mean something to these artists and you dont.. i know you know what it takes to drop an album.. you been around d-sane, bd,etc. etc. So of all people why arent you sayin "Oh the albums $5? fuck that heres a 20!" get real man.. you can spread it word of mouth all you want.. and im sure the artists appreciate it.. but what youre doin is a PERFECT example of "Money talks and Bullshit Walks".

you can feel that way if you want. i don't expect anyone to agree with me. i'll give an example. if i was a rapper and walked up to you and GAVE you my album--would you take it or not? i bet you would take it. that's my point. i NEVER ask for free shit. i don't say, "give me this album and i'll tell my friends about it."

are you gonna blame me cause i know people that i listen to and don't always pay for their shit? that's fuckin stupid. and $5 may be $5, but i'm not spending my money on SHIT. shitty quality music gets no love from me regardless of where they are from. if the production sucks, lyrics suck, sound quality sucks (which a lot of albums have shitty sound quality) then why would i WASTE my money on someone who's not putting ALL their effort forth? don't come back with, "well they might not be able to afford it." that isn't my fucking problem if they can't afford to get their shit together.

@COLA....I figured you knew I wasn't talking about you. I'd say most of the artists from the NW that I've met are NOT included in this list. Some of them are but it's few and far between...

@Homodo--shut the fuck up, get a life, and grow up. i don't disrespect you or talk shit to you. so the only thing i can think of is that you don't like me cause of what your "friends" tell you or say or whatever, maybe you just don't like what i say...in which cause, that's fuckin wonderful. how fuckin old are you anyway? 34? time to GROW UP....

Jan 16, 2008
So yeah as a fellow bay represenative, I been to Seattle and Portland... and I will say that they got sum real D-Boyz out there... although the ones I kicked it wit weren't rappers... actually one dude was heavily connected in Cali, got stuck up in Folsom for a min and bounced back better than ever.... Another cat tried to rob 'em and ended up gettin' shot in the eye... they ended up becoming homeboys later thru some mutual friends or sumptin'... when I met 'em dude had a glass eye...

To be honest wit you, I was suprised by the amount of black folks out in Portland... I was staying at my boy's crib on NE 7th and Jessup on a little vacation back in '01... I heard that a lot has changed over there since then due to gentrification (a word that the Town will become more familiar with as time goes by)...

Either way, I wouldn't pass judgment on any city before visiting... I seen a dude get stomped out in Seattle the same way folks get it back home lol

... oh and encountered Crips in both cities and on the train traveling between cities (shout out to Tacoma)...

its good to see out of town cats visiting the NW......they just dont know
damn you only visited and everything you said about portland is how I would say it and i lived here my whole life...that gentrification is a bitch, around here I see it everyday, on every block now theres atleast one house that looks outta place and this is just the start...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
lol...it is what it is. but you gotta love people poppin up outta the wood work to make sideways comments. i know i love it. it's entertainment for about 10 seconds... :)

this actually proves my point about the ego shit, well, some of the posts. people can't even talk about this in a civil manner, it's always gotta be "fuck you and where you live," or it's the reverse..."we're the best and the NW is the best place ever." well....yeah the NW is a nice place--minus Seattle traffic and the way our state spends $$.....but all that shit is opinion. people act like the shit is straight fact which it's not.

too many people get emotional about this shit. and yeah, i'm waiting for some fucking idiot to say that replying to something with specific words that insinuate anger or apathy isn't being emotional.

all you hard core gangsters out there that get super mad and shit....are SUPER EMOTIONAL/SENSITIVE. just had to put that out there cause people think that feelings are always pussy shit....anger is a feeling too, incase people forgot.