TENNESSEE TITANS OFFSEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2006
at the end of the preseason of 08:

Titans>Raiders

titans, possible contender
raiders, are looking ahead at 8-8...its going to be tough but your team may be able to do it...

lil dose of reality....you know

weve allready established past history....now leave it in the past...time to jump back to 08

Jun 1, 2002

Titans>Raiders

raiders, are looking ahead at 8-8...its going to be tough but your team may be able to do it...

weve allready established past history....now leave it in the past...time to jump back to 08
DID YOU REALLY JUST BRING UP A PRE-SEASON RECORD LIKE IT'S WORTH SOMETHING?

:dead:

Jun 1, 2002
NO....you know what i meant

.....as of right now....going into the 08 season which starts in a few days the titans are better...

it has nothing to do with w/l record in the preseason
UHH YEAH.. I WOULD HAVE TO DISAGREE STRONGLY. MAYBE AT SOME POSITIONS. BUT I DEFINITELY THINK THE TITANS ARE NOT BETTER IN GENERAL. IT'S PRETTY EVEN ACTUALLY.

Aug 9, 2006
Titans:
VY>RUSSEL....
Titans RB crew>Raiders RB crew
Roos/Steweart>any o-line combaniton in recent raiders history
KVB/Hanesworth/Tony Brown/Jevon Kearse>Burgess/Kelly/Warren/Richardson
M.Griffin/C.Hope>MHuff/GWilson

Titans LB core=Raiders core
Titans kicker=Raiders kicker
Titan TE tandem=Raiders TE tandem

Raiders:
Raiders WR core>titans WR core
Raiders cb tandem>titans cb tandem

AT this point of the season...before the first game.....we will see how it ends up at the end of the season....i dont see it changing much but crazy things happen

Apr 25, 2002
Titans:
VY>RUSSEL....

Raiders:

AT this point of the season...before the first game.....we will see how it ends up at the end of the season....i dont see it changing much but crazy things happen
Only areas I would say the Titans are clearly better in is their offensive and defensive line. QB, HB, S is all debatable and yet to be determained.

May 1, 2007

Titans>Raiders

So are you saying the titans have done better than the raiders because they have a better preseason record? If so your ignorance continues to amaze me. You continue to contradict yourself, earlier somewhere in this thread I remember you were saying preseason stats don't matter, but now for some reason you think preseason records actually matter.

Vince Young had a horrible preseason, your rb Chris Johnson looks like he's going to be good, and better than Lendale in the soon future.

With the colts and jaguars in your division I would say that the titans would be really lucky if they were to make the wild card. This season I'm hoping the raiders can win 7 or 8 games, and I think that would be a step in the right direction since our team is so young.

Jun 1, 2002
Titans:
VY>RUSSEL....

Raiders:

THIS SHIT IS LAUGHABLE. HERE, LEMME HELP YOUR DUMB ASS OUT.

YOUNG>RUSSEL
(FOR NOW)
RAIDERS RB> TITANS RB (CLEARLY)
TITANS D LINE>RAIDERS D LINE (BEST POSITION GROUP ON YOUR TEAM)
RAIDERS SECONDARY AS A WHOLE>TITANS SECONDARY AS A WHOLE (OBVIOUSLY)
RAIDERS WR'S>TITANS WR'S (BUT THAT'S NOT SAYING MUCH)
RAIDERS OLINE<TITANS OLINE=(OUR OLINE IS BAD)
RAIDERS LB CORPS=TITANS LB CORPS (THAT'S BEING GENEROUS)
RAIDER TE TANDEM>TITANS TE TANDEM (ZACH MILLER IS LIKE ALGE CRUMPLER IS HIS PRIME, BUT WITH BETTER HANDS AND BETTER BLOCKING)
TITANS ST>RAIDERS ST

THAT'S MORE LIKE IT

Aug 9, 2006
So are you saying the titans have done better than the raiders because they have a better preseason record? If so your ignorance continues to amaze me. You continue to contradict yourself, earlier somewhere in this thread I remember you were saying preseason stats don't matter, but now for some reason you think preseason records actually matter.

Vince Young had a horrible preseason, your rb Chris Johnson looks like he's going to be good, and better than Lendale in the soon future.

With the colts and jaguars in your division I would say that the titans would be really lucky if they were to make the wild card. This season I'm hoping the raiders can win 7 or 8 games, and I think that would be a step in the right direction since our team is so young.
read my post i said it has nothing to do with preseason w/l record or how anyone performed in the preseason.....im going soley off of what has been done so far (when it counts) and the new additions to the team.....

titans WERE better then the raiders at the end of the 07 season.....and still are better.....its undebateable untill the raiders prove me wrong......PERIOD

Aug 9, 2006
bo scaife is easily better then who ever is going to be your 2nd TE.....alge crumpler lost a step or two but he can still most likely get it done......

scaife will double the production of your 2nd TE....atleast thats the way i see it.....scaife has had huge seasons as the 2te.....when he was forced to start his production fell off......

there is no way you can say the RBs on the raiders are better then the titans....

the only one that is going to be on your team thats actually proved something is fargas....other then that you have 1 rookie and a 2nd year guy that hasnt taken a real snap in his nfl career...

mcfadden has disapointed in the preseason......he runs into the back of blockers as much as chirs henry did last year on the titans.....

we were an overall better runnning team then you guys at the end of last season.....you lost 2 rbs we lost 1......we added arguebally the best looking RB so far.....you added bush (coming off a huge injury) and mcfadden....

other then "hopes" there is no way you can justifbly say your core is better

May 1, 2007
read my post i said it has nothing to do with preseason w/l record or how anyone performed in the preseason.....im going soley off of what has been done so far (when it counts) and the new additions to the team.....

titans WERE better then the raiders at the end of the 07 season.....and still are better.....its undebateable untill the raiders prove me wrong......PERIOD
Oh so you've watched every raiders preseason game? It's funny cause when the raiders played the titans a few weeks ago they outshined the titans when the starters were in there, including Russells scramble away from Haynesworth for the td pass to Zach Miller.

And it is debatable. This is not the 2007 season, its an all new season. All you've presented are your own opinions stop acting like they are facts.

Jun 1, 2002
bo scaife is easily better then who ever is going to be your 2nd TE.....alge crumpler lost a step or two but he can still most likely get it done......

scaife will double the production of your 2nd TE....atleast thats the way i see it.....scaife has had huge seasons as the 2te.....when he was forced to start his production fell off......

there is no way you can say the RBs on the raiders are better then the titans....

the only one that is going to be on your team thats actually proved something is fargas....other then that you have 1 rookie and a 2nd year guy that hasnt taken a real snap in his nfl career...

mcfadden has disapointed in the preseason......he runs into the back of blockers as much as chirs henry did last year on the titans.....

we were an overall better runnning team then you guys at the end of last season.....you lost 2 rbs we lost 1......we added arguebally the best looking RB so far.....you added bush (coming off a huge injury) and mcfadden....

other then "hopes" there is no way you can justifbly say your core is better
YOU'RE BEGINNING TO GET PREDICTABLE. HERE YOU ARE AGAIN JUDGING PLAYERS VALUE/TALENT/POTENTIAL BY THE WAY THEY PLAY IN THE PRE-SEASON.

OK SO BY YOU'RE OWN LOGIC-VINCE YOUNG SHOULD SUCK THEM RIGHT? I GUESS JUDGING BY PRE-SEASON PERFORMANCE RUSSEL IS WAAY BETTER.

AND DID YOU SEE THE RUN MCFADDEN RIPPED OFF LAST NIGHT AGAINST SEATTLE? LMAOO AT YOU SAYING MCFADDEN "DISAPPOINTED" IN THE PRE-SEASON. HE'S TWICE THE PLAYER CHRIS JOHNSON IS AND YOU WILL SEE THAT SOON.

ALL JOHNSON HAS IS SPEED.

Apr 25, 2002
LOL @ "mcfadden has disapointed in the preseason"

I havn't heard one knowledgable Raider fan say they are dissapointed with him yet.

Last night he had 4 carries for 50 yds...what a bum

May 1, 2007
Seriously mooreblock makes shit up. McFadden has had nothing but positive reactions so far in training camp and the preseason. Including 6 carries for 44 yards against his titans.

Aug 9, 2006
the biggest notable releases from saturdays cuts is.....lowry (s)....who signed with the broncos.....

and two WRs: Roydell Williams (our 2nd leading WR last year)...and Biren Ealy (who was easily the most physically gifted athlete at WR on our team.....big/strong/tall/fast....hands of butter...couldnt run the right route if his career depended on it)

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
LOL at whoreblock for saying McFadden has disappointed.

What about Vince Young... the pro-bowl, ROY qb? Kerry Collins has been playing better than Vince. Vince can't even throw TD passes man. One here and there and a 30 yard scramble ain't gonna cut it. He is only good at running that's it. He won't beat you with his arm.