TENNESSEE TITANS OFFSEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
Veterans haze Titans rookies

By GARY ESTWICK
Staff Writer

Keith Bulluck searched for rookie Cary Williams, and found him near the end of the line.

Williams was injured, unable to take part in the annual rookie dizzy bat race, which marked the end of Titans training camp on Wednesday.

"Let's go," Bulluck said in a matter-of-fact tone. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way."

In the end, it was the hard way for all first-year Titans — no matter if they were Williams and Lavelle Hawkins, both injured, or undrafted rookies or rookie staff members.

"It was as bad as it looked," Williams said later.

While Williams and Hawkins were tied to a pole by Bulluck, Albert Haynesworth and Rob Bironas, and soaked with everything from water and flour to mustard and ketchup for more than 10 minutes, the rest of the rookies endured the dizzy bat race.

It started like this: players ran about 15 yards with a football, dropped it, and then ran another 15 yards.

Then it got difficult. While they performed the dizzy bat routine — bending over, putting their foreheads against the top of an upright baseball bat, and running around the bat repeatedly — players doused them with anything within reach. Water. Gatorade. Cups filled with water. Entire coolers. Flour.

Chris Johnson and Jason Jones, this year's first- and second-round draft picks, received the brunt of the punishment.

At one point during the fiasco, Hawkins said he couldn't breathe. Tackle Jason Murphy, hoping to console the rookie receiver, responded: "Then how are you talking?"

End is near: As the Titans move closer to the regular season, John Vaughn is probably moving closer to looking for another kicking job.

The former Brentwood Academy player knew it would be that way when he signed on to fill in for Rob Bironas (groin).

Friday's game at Atlanta could be Vaughn's last with the Titans. Bironas is expected to be ready for the Aug. 28 preseason finale at Green Bay.

Vaughn hopes he performed well enough to catch the eye of another team in need of a kicker.

"There's one thing I've learned about this sport, and this job," Vaughn said. "You can never be content with anything you've done.

"You have to always keep working hard, and keep getting better."

Vaughn's personal critique?

He's made 3 of 4 field goals, but he's missed one of three attempts between 40-49 yards. And his kickoffs could be better.

"I'm still working hard," he said, "and I'm giving myself a little bit of a shot."

Injuries: Cornerbacks Chris Carr (shoulder) and Cary Williams (quad), tackle David Stewart (knee), Bironas (groin), Hawkins (ankle), Bulluck (calf) and Haynesworth (soreness) did not practice.

Stewart, who had arthroscopic knee surgery last week, said he's improving and may play in the Green Bay game.

"I feel a lot better now than I did,'' he said. "It was nagging, and it hurt some before. I hope to get back quick.''

Receiver Roydell Williams said he would be a game-time decision Friday night in Atlanta.

"It all depends on how I feel," said Williams, who suffered a broken ankle late last season, had surgery and hasn't been able to practice on a regular basis. "It's a day-by-day process."

Game roles: Receiver Chris C. Davis will handle punt returns in the first half against the Falcons, while Chris Johnson handles kickoff returns. Newcomer Tuff Harris will get a chance in the return game in the second half.

Aug 9, 2006
i wasnt even the one mentioning titans shit untill people cant take the crticism of being one of the worst franchises of the millinium....people allways gotta respond like "well my dad can kick your dads ass" instead of just trying to unprove my point.....

thiers more pics of the hazing in the titans TC thread....

May 1, 2007
The titans have never won shit, won't win shit anytime soon and no one in cali gives a shit about anything involving the titans.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
i wasnt even the one mentioning titans shit untill people cant take the crticism of being one of the worst franchises of the millinium....people allways gotta respond like "well my dad can kick your dads ass" instead of just trying to unprove my point.....

thiers more pics of the hazing in the titans TC thread....
Man this dude is stupid!

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I'm a Raiders fan, and we've been ass for what...6 straight years? But from a franchise that's won absolutely nothing, and the best thing going for them is the fact that they have more uniform combinations than any other team...I'd say just enjoy your season, and let us enjoy ours.

Oh yeah...btw, I'm a big fan of Vince Young; have been for a while now, but he'll never be more than Michael Vick without the dog raping.

Aug 9, 2006
I'm a Raiders fan, and we've been ass for what...6 straight years? But from a franchise that's won absolutely nothing, and the best thing going for them is the fact that they have more uniform combinations than any other team...I'd say just enjoy your season, and let us enjoy ours.

Oh yeah...btw, I'm a big fan of Vince Young; have been for a while now, but he'll never be more than Michael Vick without the dog raping.
that shows im not some bandwagon fan.....ive never liked any sports franchise based on history....all i know is fuck ancient history.......

recent history:

titans>raiders

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
maan I was at kickin at my boy's house last night and there was some drunk Titan fan there talkin hella shit cause damn near everyone there was a Raider fan... reminded me of MooreBlock... haha... actually this guy was a lot worse though, cause he didn't know one thing about the team... dude never heard of Javon Kearse or Albert Haynesworth... he didn't even know who the coach was... lol... fake ass bandwagon fans...

Aug 9, 2006
all i know is at this point
Titans:
VY>RUSSEL....
White>Fargas>Bush..
Roos/Steweart>any o-line combaniton in recent raiders history
KVB/Hanesworth>Burgess/Kelly
M.Griffin/C.Hope>MHuff/GWilson

Titans LB core=Raiders core
Titans kicker=Raiders kicker

Raiders:
Raiders WR core>titans WR core