SUNS TRADE SHAQ

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
Bosh has another year left I believe.

Shaq is a 1 year deal...and the Cavs are only getting rid of a retiring Wallace and Sasha. It's a good deal for the Cavs.

Everyone is ripping on Shaq, but he still averaged almost 20 points and 10 boards...and I think he even played almost every game.

The Cavs were really close this year. All those games with the Magic came within a few points...even an old Shaq should be able to at least slow down every big man in the league.

Nov 24, 2003
Bosh has another year left I believe.

Shaq is a 1 year deal...and the Cavs are only getting rid of a retiring Wallace and Sasha. It's a good deal for the Cavs.

Everyone is ripping on Shaq, but he still averaged almost 20 points and 10 boards...and I think he even played almost every game.

The Cavs were really close this year. All those games with the Magic came within a few points...even an old Shaq should be able to at least slow down every big man in the league.

All true.

Plus the Cavs are still talking about adding a wing. If they do that, I don't see how they aren't the best team on the East.

Mar 18, 2003
Keep in mind, even though Shaq put up decent numbers last year they still failed to make the playoffs. I understand they didn't have Amare but they still had Richardson, Nash, and Barbosa among some other decent role players. His dominance/presence on the court I believe is gone. It is possible that he helps Cleveland but unless they add some other players it's not likely they will be much better at all.

Jan 18, 2006
Rumor has it Amare is next, to Golden State for Claxton and Beans.....

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=malud6

something like this except change out Mags for Craw, the trade machine wont let u do craw cuz of the Option he has, and take out belinelli
I want to keep Maggette thats just me, I wouldnt mind getting Amare for Biendris. I love Biendris but hes not tough enough inside and Amare is.

Jan 4, 2003
Shaq and Lebron???? Finally Lebron gets some desperately needed help....... get some more key players in there and look for James to get his ring

May 2, 2002
haha how are they not automatically better?

Shaq is a huge body that isn't gonna get pushed around on every play.

All they need now is a bigger perimeter player...even without they should still be competing for a championship.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Shaq and Lebron???? Finally Lebron gets some desperately needed help....... get some more key players in there and look for James to get his ring
Desperately Needed Help? Cavs had the best record in the NBA. Nobody complained about help then. They failed in the playoffs, so everyone uses the excuse of "lebron needs help", bullshit

Jan 4, 2003
Desperately Needed Help? Cavs had the best record in the NBA. Nobody complained about help then. They failed in the playoffs, so everyone uses the excuse of "lebron needs help", bullshit
postseason is where it really counts! Shaqs def. gonna make a major impact.. you see what happens when he connects with players like Bryant, Wade.. now Lebron?? theyre gonna be a fun match to watch

Oct 18, 2008
They did have the best record but dont mean shit if you cant make it to the finals.....

So they needed to bring help.....

to make a sure an upset like that doesnt happen again

Mar 18, 2003
haha how are they not automatically better?

Shaq is a huge body that isn't gonna get pushed around on every play.

All they need now is a bigger perimeter player...even without they should still be competing for a championship.
Ben Wallace is/was one of the best defensive players of this decade and he was unable to contribute the way he did in the past due to his aging body. Are they better now? Perhaps, but with the 20mil owed to Shaq are they now limited in who else they can sign? I am questioning weather this is what they need to win a championship.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Shaq is an inside presence period. I know I said LeBron won't make it to another finals with Dwight Howard in the east but now I may have to take that back. Shaq balls in the playoffs. Dwight Howard won't be able to help so much on LeBron when LeBron drives to the hoop because if Dwight comes to help then LeBron will be throwing alley hoops to Shaq all day.

I still don't think they can beat the Lakers (should all their players return). Gasol is a bad match up for Shaq because Gasol can take him out and away from the hoop.

This should be interesting, good trade for Cleveland.

Oct 9, 2008
Keep in mind, even though Shaq put up decent numbers last year they still failed to make the playoffs. I understand they didn't have Amare but they still had Richardson, Nash, and Barbosa among some other decent role players. His dominance/presence on the court I believe is gone. It is possible that he helps Cleveland but unless they add some other players it's not likely they will be much better at all.
I think the difference between shaq on the suns and on the cavs is he never really thought he would go to the finals wit phoenix..but wit the cavs im sure he realizes thats a very real possibility and try to do everything he can to take it all the way for one more ring before he retires..

Jan 28, 2005
Ben Wallace is/was one of the best defensive players of this decade and he was unable to contribute the way he did in the past due to his aging body. Are they better now? Perhaps, but with the 20mil owed to Shaq are they now limited in who else they can sign? I am questioning weather this is what they need to win a championship.
OF THIS DECADE?!?!?!

YOU FUCKIN' GOOFY FOR THAT COMMENT.

And you mean to tell me adding Shaq isn't a step up from Verrajao (sp) and Ben Wallace?

Greg Oden is twice as old as Ben Wallace and at least makes ESPN highlights from time to time.

Delonte West, Mo Williams, LBJ, Big Z and Shaq?

Tell you one thing, Dwight Howard ain't catching no alley oops if you got them out on the floor. You can play Ilgauskus as an over sized PF (because he's got good mid-range, some long-range capabilities) with Shaq down low... that's killing the post game provided Shaq stays moderately effective. Not to mention JBJ is 6'8, 260lbs and athletic as fuck blocking two shots a game.

I know damn sure Detroit and Jason Maxiell/Kwame Brown won't be effective down low with that spread.

Quit hatin' on the Cavs.