Stephon Marbury defends Michael Vick, calls dogfighting a sport

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2005
I'm anti-dog fighting because that shit is against the unwritten laws of nature. I mean dogs do fight but when properly trained they can refrain from such actions. Someone today was backing up Vick with Fighting Fish, I was so pissed I wanted to slap that dumb ass! But I'm also against hunting, with or without a license unless it's for food and not game. This country is hella fucked, the reason Vick is being so hated upon is because for one he's Black, LOL, seriously, Two the Media loves to create or destroy atheletes profiles, three it's a good story. Ah fuck it

Mar 12, 2005
I'm anti-dog fighting because that shit is against the unwritten laws of nature. I mean dogs do fight but when properly trained they can refrain from such actions. Someone today was backing up Vick with Fighting Fish, I was so pissed I wanted to slap that dumb ass! But I'm also against hunting, with or without a license unless it's for food and not game. This country is hella fucked, the reason Vick is being so hated upon is because for one he's Black, LOL, seriously, Two the Media loves to create or destroy atheletes profiles, three it's a good story. Ah fuck it

May 9, 2002
DFresh77 said:
i don't agree with dog fighting..but for some it's fun and it was fun to watch..fucked up how some peeps killed their dogs after a long fight...but why keep a dying dog alive?...
Wow...once again, a walking hypocrite. You say ALLLLL this shit about people giving a fuck about a dogs life, you turn around and call them "bitches" and "treehuggers", and now here you are being sensitive yourself ABOUT THE SAME EXACT SHIT. Seems to me that you just want to argue for the sake of argueing with people...not much of a life you h ave there, huh?

Youre lame and sorry...cant even keep your own side of the argument.:confused:

Mar 24, 2006
thats not tha point ya'll....

its not tha fighting of dogs thats got everyone in a uproar its tha fact they electrocuted, hung and drowned the dogs that didnt perform well afterwards. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Dec 4, 2006
I Fucked Your Mom said:
Wow...once again, a walking hypocrite. You say ALLLLL this shit about people giving a fuck about a dogs life, you turn around and call them "bitches" and "treehuggers", and now here you are being sensitive yourself ABOUT THE SAME EXACT SHIT. Seems to me that you just want to argue for the sake of argueing with people...not much of a life you h ave there, huh?

Youre lame and sorry...cant even keep your own side of the argument.:confused:
ha ha ha...i know where i stand at, you must be an idiot if you don't understand what I'm saying...

I CAN CARELESS IF THEY KILL THEIR DOGS IN WHATEVER MANNER THEY WANT..

that shit will not make me lose any sleep at night..

if I were to fight a dog and lost the fight..i'd put a bullet in his head..

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
2-0-NINE said:

Race has little to do with this issue. Show a white, high profile person who has been convicted, plead guilty or is alleged to have funded and personally killed dogs by bashing their face in the ground?

I'll wait.....

Vick is being hated on for the despicable acts he committed with some animals which are illegal. End of story. His NFL contract might have something to do with all the attention. His race is only coming up from people who bring race into EVERYTHING

Supa SAV'D OUTT said:
man aint nuthin wrong wit dogfightin yall are soft u can tell who lives in a nice neighborhood dogs will fight dogs regaurdless if there trained or not, in my old neighborhood u had to have a tough dog. i feel the same way marbury does
Soft? LMAO! yeah people in this thread are soft for calling Marbury's comments idiotic. Regardless of how people FEEL (i.e. an opinion), hunting is LEGAL, dogfighting is NOT. I for one could care less. My beef with th whole thing is that was one of the teams I follow, now we go from having a decent shot to winning more games with his legs to watching Joey Harrington throw pick after pick.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Don't know if this was posted already, but...

NEW YORK -- It didn't take long for New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury to go from defending Michael Vick to distancing himself from the soon-to-be-imprisoned Atlanta Falcons quarterback.

After being criticized for his remarks Monday for calling dogfighting a sport and comparing it to hunting, Marbury told the New York Post for Thursday's editions that he despises dogfighting and that Vick "is 100 percent wrong."

"I don't like it at all," Marbury said of dogfighting. "I don't think [Vick's] right. But this dude is trying to ask for forgiveness. ... The way the way it's going about in the newspapers and TV, it's ridiculous."

Marbury also said he never called dogfighting a sport.

"I said, 'From what I hear, dogfighting was a sport.' They're editing me on TV," he said.

On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. He will be sentenced Aug. 27 in Richmond and also faces possible prosecution on state charges.

Speaking hours after Vick announced he would agree to plead guilty, Marbury -- while promoting his basketball shoe in Albany, N.Y. -- told reporters he was in Vick's corner.

"I think it's tough," Marbury said, according to Albany TV station Capital News 9. "I think, you know, we don't say anything about people who shoot deer or shoot other animals. You know, from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors.

"I think it's tough that we build Michael Vick up and then we break him down. I think he's one of the superb athletes, and he's a good human being. I just think that he fell into a bad situation."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

May 18, 2005
YOUNGNUTT said:
COMPARING DOG FIGHTING TO HUNTING!!!
VERY GOOD POINT!!!
I NEVER LOOKED AT IT LIKE THAT!!!
THE SHIT IS A SPORT!!!
SO WHY CAN'T DOG FIGHTING BE A SPORT!!!
You know why dog fighting is illegal? Cause people are making money off of it without paying taxes on it!! Society will make you believe they care so much about animal cruelty but these are the same people that have human beings fighting and getting killed, tortured overseas for no reason.

It don't matter if hunting or dogfightingis legal or illegal. We as human beings should know the difference of whats right and wrong and the government shouldn't be the one to decide ultimately in my mind what is. I mean they can on paper but realistically if you think dogfighting is wrong and all go to hell for doing it you should also believe that hunters should also. If people were making huge amounts of dough on hunting animals without paying dues to the government, trust me it would be illegal also.

All the slick comments and jokes about the man are coming from people who didn't want Mike Vick to succeed anyway...and they were quiet and in disgust not too long ago waiting for him to fail, and yes he did. He has faults like we all do.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
When are people gonna realize its one thing to dog fight, but its another thing to soak your dog in water and electricute them to death, allegedly. I know fooz that do their thang wit birds or dogs, I don't agree with the shit and it ain't my cup of tea. But they ain't brutally murderin their animals that are hurt or ain't performin. I think its sicc as fuck what Vick allegedly did, but everyone deserves a second chance, especially after servin their share. And I heard Marbury's lil comment, that foo needs an IQ test, fuckin idiot.

Mar 12, 2005
LOL YOU'D THINK A NIGGA WITH A HEAD AS BIG AS HIS WOULD LEAD US TO BELIEVE HE'S SOME SORT OF EINSTEIN, IRONICALLY ENOUGH HE'S PROVEN OTHERWISE LMAO! DUMB ASS!

mastdark81 said:
You know why dog fighting is illegal? Cause people are making money off of it without paying taxes on it!! Society will make you believe they care so much about animal cruelty but these are the same people that have human beings fighting and getting killed, tortured overseas for no reason.

It don't matter if hunting or dogfightingis legal or illegal. We as human beings should know the difference of whats right and wrong and the government shouldn't be the one to decide ultimately in my mind what is. I mean they can on paper but realistically if you think dogfighting is wrong and all go to hell for doing it you should also believe that hunters should also. If people were making huge amounts of dough on hunting animals without paying dues to the government, trust me it would be illegal also.

All the slick comments and jokes about the man are coming from people who didn't want Mike Vick to succeed anyway...and they were quiet and in disgust not too long ago waiting for him to fail, and yes he did. He has faults like we all do.
co-sign

Aug 8, 2004
lmfao @ Marburrys latest comment. guarantee his sponsors, agent, grandmother, priest, 3rd uncle on his moms side and 2nd grade teacher all called him monday nite like "wtf were you thinking idiot!"