Retired

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 30, 2007
This thread reeks of an attempt to get sympathy/reaffirmation/attention... i'm just saying....
Agree, either that or trolling. Either way not a good look in my opinion. This thread just reaffirms why I respected artists a lot more prior to social media. Sorry Beta but you sound sour, if you feel like you've always been in the shadows that's your own fault, you are a talented producer and one of the best outta Sac but damn bruh you sound salty as fuck in this thread and lighweight disrespectful to the ones that have supported your work.1

May 16, 2002
This thread reeks of an attempt to get sympathy/reaffirmation/attention... i'm just saying....
Agreed 100%.

Yet, it also sounds like business wasn't right. This is typical within underground artist / producers. Less than a handful actually register their music with ASCAP, BMI or Sesac. If more artist / producers did that there wouldn't be problems like being left behind & unpaid for a project.

I've seen fans throughout these message boards come at me with the ol', "How do you know their soundscan?" Simple, most of these artist get a barcode & fail to register it. They're in it for the fast money not the long term money. The money where if the music is still played 20 years from now you'll receive a royalty check. Yes, it maybe in cents, but it really depends on how much of a hit your song is.

Then again, this thread started with a retirement announcement & a few post later there was another album in the works.

This is all sounds like a bad attempt to create a buzz for an album that will probably never see light of day.

Someone please bump this thread in 2016 and if I'm wrong talk all the shit you want to me.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2009
Ya want the truth well here it is....Ive been arguing with Ced from Black Market. I never got one dime from the Loaded album, not one cent. Way back in 1999 I went and saw a lawyer. It comes to find out i was owed $70,000 from the loaded album i was told. thats back in 2000 it might be more now. Thats why im pissed off!!!!! Ive been paying my dudes sence 1993. Dont you think I should start seeing money for my work? I do. Im not doing shit for free no more. I have kids now. If ya cant feel me on this then I dont know what to say.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Ya want the truth well here it is....Ive been arguing with Ced from Black Market. I never got one dime from the Loaded album, not one cent. Way back in 1999 I went and saw a lawyer. It comes to find out i was owed $70,000 from the loaded album i was told. thats back in 2000 it might be more now. Thats why im pissed off!!!!! Ive been paying my dudes sence 1993. Dont you think I should start seeing money for my work? I do. Im not doing shit for free no more. I have kids now. If ya cant feel me on this then I dont know what to say.
I'm a business man, so all I can ask is, what kind of contract did you sign?

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
I understand the got kids and nigga gotta eat stuff all day....but PhonkBeta @PhonkBeta if you came out with even just a mixtape my nigga wit yo name on the cover...that shit would crack.....OG niggas know exactly who you are and these new niggas will follow suit. I really wish you woulda did Bleezos shit 100% all the way thru...niggaz is waitin on Bleezo...even more so niggas BEEN waitin on T-Nutty....you got it...been had it my nigga.....I got a homeboy who only make beats(ill shit) and you and First Degree are like my homies "tutors"...real shit

May 16, 2002
UMMMmm... They owe you $70,000 or perhaps more. Your not doing anything for free anymore, but your still working on projects for the same people that owe you?

I'm seriously not understanding this.