Rap gettin a blacc eye!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

noWetaG

Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2002
GateWonProduct.com
^^^^and hopefully soon most artists will realize
that 90% of people who download music
are tired of spending their scrill 4 an album with 2 or 3 good songs..
most are NOT bootleggers,
juss tired of all the crap droppin in the recent years,
from artists that usually came tight without a second guess!
as a way 2 see WHATS actually worth their hard earned $....
theres WAY 2 much BS droppin nowadays!
i personally, buy every album that i feel
actually had thought & hard work put into it...
ya know, shit that will last over a month in my CD dec...
"good music is timeless"! i can throw in
D.O.C. - NO ONE CAN DO IT BETTER
and its still as tight as when it came out.....

Also, hopefully soon most artists will also realize that net DL
is 1 of the best promotional tools there fukin is!
i cant tell u how many times ive had sum shit playing ive downloaded...
sum1 heard it & went & got it the same day......
and alot of these mafukaz are mainstream rap
consumers that are now faithful underground/hardcore fans!
besides, 4 underground foos like us........
the net is really only SUM folks avenue
of hearing this shit b4 they lay chips down 4 it....
(bac east or overseas)

so TRE, u can complain about a few units lost cuzza downloading.....
but the truth is 1 album download can have u a fan 4 life
which is priceless against a few copies slipped thru the crax.....

May 4, 2002
www.myspace.com
noWetaG said:
^^^^and hopefully soon most artists will realize
that 90% of people who download music
are tired of spending their scrill 4 an album with 2 or 3 good songs..
most are NOT bootleggers,
juss tired of all the crap droppin in the recent years,
from artists that usually came tight without a second guess!
as a way 2 see WHATS actually worth their hard earned $....
theres WAY 2 much BS droppin nowadays!
i personally, buy every album that i feel
actually had thought & hard work put into it...

but the truth is 1 album download can have u a fan 4 life
which is priceless against a few copies slipped thru the crax.....
Exactly how i feel on dat issue muthafuccaz like Eminem i woulda put cheez on they album in a hot ass minute but after tha marshall mathers LP everything was all bland & my point is TOO MANY artists come out rappin one way in tha beginning & do a str8 180 and start to suck ASS...but lynch go ahead and try sum new shit cuz i ain't been dissapointed yet so do yo thang:) Slight Change Or Advancing musically is great in an artist but too much damn change gets annoying...but's all good
~AIGht dEN

H

H. T. B

DOWNLOADING IS BETTER PROMO FOR AN UNDERGROUND ARTIST. THINK ABOUT THIS IF YOU GO TO THE STORE AND THERES 2 CHOICES A MAINSTREAM ARTIST AND A UNDERGROUND ARTIST. MOST PEOPLE ALWAYS GO WITH THE MAINSTREAM I KNOW WE DO. JUST BECAUSE THE SIMPLE FACT THAT WE SEEN A VIDEO OR HEARD IT ON THE RADIO SOMEWHERE. SO DOWNLOADING HELPS A UNDERGROUND ARTIST TO GET A REPUTATION. REMEMBER DON'T NO ONE WANNA WAIST THEIR MONEY ON SOMETHING THEY NOT FAMILAR WITH.

Jun 28, 2002
notwetaG I feel you to some extent and I agree to some extent that downlloading does promote but what i know as a young business person trying to get established in this game it makes it harder on levels that you probably can't see as a fan.

For example preorders, soundscan, are all affected by downloading. If an artist doen't get the preorders they neeed the label may not be able to do certain things it once was able to. Theres a much deeper part of the business that I'm not gonna go into right now. One cause I'm tired of typing the other you just have see some of the ways it hurts us the artists.

Now about product i feel u 100,000% on that product must increase the quality and so forth. I really suggest though if you want a quality album check out mine...

Tell me what you think... check ouyt the 2 songs I have in apt3 for download but moreover pick up the album I worked to make the songs on my album quality.

the streets have been complaining well here's an album from an artist who had is ear to the street and listened. Will you support that???

Tre-8

noWetaG

Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2002
GateWonProduct.com
while im still learning alot bout the business side of things.....
im an artist (albeit not a very established 1 yet)
as well as a businessman. So i see bout u feeling like
ur hard-ass lifes work is being given away 4 free!
but any time i can,i like 2 try 2 see things from
both sides of the coin, and that juss goes with everything n life 4 me...

i know of alot of the hidden costs, aches & pains u go 2 deliver
an album 2 the stores AFTER the music is recorded.....
i juss see it like this tho:
ur not gonna be able 2 stop folks from doin it.......
they have the new copy-protected CDs......
and there are already ways 2 get around them....
if u feel like its hurting 2 what ur tryna do,
the only thing u can do (imo) is make it an asset.....
since u cant totally dead it @ the root.........

ill go peep the cuts u got in the other forum.....
and give u my opinion
but even if its not my type of shit.....
doesnt necessarily make it non-quality,
juss not 4 me.....i hardly ever buy an album w/out hearing it 1st
(there are a few, but not many xceptions)
but, id pik up a TRE-8 record i never heard n the store
b4 id pik up 99.999999999999% of anything thats covered on TV,
or on anyotherwise media...
cuz contrary 2 what H.T.B. said,
ill scoop sum1 who everybody aint up on
EVEN if its that .00000001% of commercial shit
that i WILL buy is n the store that day...
cuz i KNOW imma hear that other shit anyway
from people i know who bought it

E

Epidemic

T.A. no disrespect is taken homie thats just how I feel. @ Lynch thanks homie not alot of people can really understand music, but when its in your blood its like thats your life. I feel rap because I rap and when I rap its like releaving stress. I just ended it with this female and I rapped about it for a couple of days and now its gravy. That bitch cant take away my gift to flow. But I can expose her through my music to show what a lying snake she is. There is other types of revenge. Cant wait for the new stuff Lynch stay cool and have a good holiday homie.

Epidemic

Oct 19, 2002
ebk'in off the hook

Bring a little rasta back with some fast rapping, the faster the better because with your voice you can always understand every word.

Feb 23, 2003
Lynch_Hung said:
How many times you buy a cash money record? After they got the mill for the deal? Me? none cuz they were makin some ol funny shit but they were get cracced off $$. At the same time when Yukk had one of the best albums I eva heard, but gettin no props far as sales like Cash Money. Thats where it all started. I remember niggaz was sayin that I should release another album like Season but these days they say they tired of hearin the same type a shit, thats why I neva move baccwards. Lynch by Inch, my feelings is it's a hard fun album to listen to, wit a lil message to it. It won't be just a album wit no effort, if we all do our albums like that, Rap can hang in there. People been sayin rap was a fad, it's up to us to bring it bacc. Wit yaw support I been livin off of this game, Dre says "Fucc rap, you ca have it bacc", I don't feel that way

I say support, but listen to it somewhere first see if it's worth it if they are a new artist, but us that are already out there wit a lil name, Yukk, Lynch, CBO, Hollow, Luni, lil wayne, Em, and hella more, we can keep it comin tight, I just gotta release more albums, raps blacc eye....ight din
FEELIN THAT..

Feb 5, 2005
DA RAP GAME Az AN ART Iz DYIN SLOW......

DEREz A FEW HANDFULz OF ARTISTz WHO STILL REPRESENT DAT CLASSIC FORM OF RAP/HIP HOP DAT INSPIRED ME 2 B AN ARTIST.....

AN DAT SAME FEW HANDFULz OF ARTISTz R STILL HOLD'N ONTO IT, AN DAS SUMTHIN I GOT MUCH RESPECT 4....

- GEEzUz