Raiders @ Broncos 12/20/09

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
No qb can last behind that o-line, Gradowski got took out and then Frye gets knocked out the next week. We were down to our 4th qb at one point.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I don't think he looked shitty, Bush dropped a wide open pass that would've been a first down....
I dunno, he made some terrible throws

that one where he got the PI call throwin to Louis Murphy... even though there was PI that was a BAD throw into double coverage... wasn't even catchable if you ask me

he had one where he really underthrew the receiver... I think that was also to Murphy

I just don't see how 5 completions and 1 TD and all of a sudden you guys wanna do a complete 180... just 24 hours ago EVERYONE thought Russell was HORRIBLE... he hasn't proven shit if you ask me

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
No qb can last behind that o-line, Gradowski got took out and then Frye gets knocked out the next week. We were down to our 4th qb at one point.
agreed... the O-line is playing like shit... but Gradkowski and Frye were able to become mobile... I will say JR was a little mobile and moving around on that last drive though

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I dunno, he made some terrible throws

that one where he got the PI call throwin to Louis Murphy... even though there was PI that was a BAD throw into double coverage... wasn't even catchable if you ask me

he had one where he really underthrew the receiver... I think that was also to Murphy

I just don't see how 5 completions and 1 TD and all of a sudden you guys wanna do a complete 180... just 24 hours ago EVERYONE thought Russell was HORRIBLE... he hasn't proven shit if you ask me
Maybe it's just me but I thought it was a good throw, Murph had him beat that's why dude had to PI. If it wasn't catchable then no PI would have been called. I gave up on Russell but I am not sure now. He came through yesterday and the Broncos were bringing heat...JR got knocked out too...

Dec 2, 2006
well he already said he wouldn't restructure his contract... sooo... yeah dat...

I dunno... I'd rather rock with Bruce as the starter for next season... I don't really care how much we paid Russell... completing a few passes on one drive isn't enough to sway my opinion

and remember... he looked shitty on the drive before that last one to win the game

I dunno... I guess I'm not opposed to him playing these last 2 games just to see if he can turn shit around, but I'm not expecting much still... it's gonna take a lot more to win me back
oh i'm not ready to go all in with russell after one good drive. i just think the kid has that 4th quarter ability that great qb's need to have. we are actually pretty deep at qb, which is suprising.

i watch alot of football and all qbs have three and outs, fumble, etc. the great ones bounce back. i'm not saying russell is great, but i do feel he has the one tangible you definately cant teach and that is wanting the rock in your hands when it counts. lets see if he learned something by being embarrassed the last few weeks...

Sep 24, 2006
JR isn't the answer we need to release him worry about going after a young Qb who could lead us for awhile. resign gradkowski for another year so the new qb isnt just thrown in there and see what happens. but by all means dont draft a qb in the first 2 rounds of the draft we dont need another jr

Dec 2, 2006
JR isn't the answer we need to release him worry about going after a young Qb who could lead us for awhile. resign gradkowski for another year so the new qb isnt just thrown in there and see what happens. but by all means dont draft a qb in the first 2 rounds of the draft we dont need another jr
we need to resign bruce, there is no doubt about that.

the main thing is whoever starts needs to EARN it, not GET it based on a contract...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
oh i'm not ready to go all in with russell after one good drive. i just think the kid has that 4th quarter ability that great qb's need to have. we are actually pretty deep at qb, which is suprising.

i watch alot of football and all qbs have three and outs, fumble, etc. the great ones bounce back. i'm not saying russell is great, but i do feel he has the one tangible you definately cant teach and that is wanting the rock in your hands when it counts. lets see if he learned something by being embarrassed the last few weeks...
yeah he has done that a couple times this year... but so has Bruce.. and he's also been consistent for the most part... from as much as we've seen, which isn't much

alos remember... Russell had a chance to do it in the second game against SD... and couldn't pull out the winning drive there... just sayin...

I'm just saying... don't be like all those Niners fans who were hopping back on the Alex Smith bandwagon when he played decent for a couple games

but like I said... I'm not mad about giving the guy another chance for the rest of this season... but I'm not expecting much, and even if he does well these last 2 games... I won't be convinced it will carry over to next season, because he finished off last season strong... and he got worse this season

Sep 24, 2006
exactly thats why i think we need to draft someone in the later rounds this way they wont be expecting a huge contract and we can see what they have before spending alot of money on them

Sep 24, 2006
yeah he has done that a couple times this year... but so has Bruce.. and he's also been consistent for the most part... from as much as we've seen, which isn't much

alos remember... Russell had a chance to do it in the second game against SD... and couldn't pull out the winning drive there... just sayin...

I'm just saying... don't be like all those Niners fans who were hopping back on the Alex Smith bandwagon when he played decent for a couple games

but like I said... I'm not mad about giving the guy another chance for the rest of this season... but I'm not expecting much, and even if he does well these last 2 games... I won't be convinced it will carry over to next season, because he finished off last season strong... and he got worse this season
See I'm the opposite i would like to see someone else start. I think we have a good chance against cleveland which would make us 6-9 and I would like for us to have a chance against baltimore and maybe finish 7-9 instead of finishing with double digit losses again.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I say draft someone who can be a "project"

start Bruce (or whoever earns the job in the off season) and BUILD THE OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!

let the QB we draft sit on the bench for a while, and start him later when we have a solid team to plug him into... if needed... but Bruce might do his thing for a while... who knows...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
See I'm the opposite i would like to see someone else start. I think we have a good chance against cleveland which would make us 6-9 and I would like for us to have a chance against baltimore and maybe finish 7-9 instead of finishing with double digit losses again.
I kinda agree with this too... part of me just wants the team to do whatever we can to win the last couple games... part of me thinks we should give JR a chance... I'm not really mad either way...

Dec 2, 2006
i have always felt russell has the tools. it is just a matter of if he wants to be great or not. being lazy in regards to learning the playbook, studying fim, and leading by example takes dedication, something russell just has not shown.

you dont pull out every game winning drive, no one does. but it is about that unwavering confidence when the game is on the line. i'm not on the russell bandwagon but think the kid earned the start next week and if he reverts back to the same pull him in the second quarter.

alex smith, although his numbers may be "slightly" better, he does not show up like russell when it counts. there is no denying that.

Sep 24, 2006
nah can't be mad either way I mean season is over in that aspect. Just would be nice not to hear the whole double digit loss thing again this year but russell does deserve at least 1 more game to show something.

Sep 24, 2006
i have always felt russell has the tools. it is just a matter of if he wants to be great or not. being lazy in regards to learning the playbook, studying fim, and leading by example takes dedication, something russell just has not shown.

you dont pull out every game winning drive, no one does. but it is about that unwavering confidence when the game is on the line. i'm not on the russell bandwagon but think the kid earned the start next week and if he reverts back to the same pull him in the second quarter.

alex smith, although his numbers may be "slightly" better, he does not show up like russell when it counts. there is no denying that.
its not about pulling out game winning drives but when your in for two series and your team doesnt see you showing anything and they start quitting its not good for a franchise or its fans.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
^hes right though. We need to draft a o line THEN a qb.
Detlef....Us raider fans understand what we need to do and what our needs are.......Nonfiction told the nation to "go fuck ourselves" a couple of pages back so im just giving him a hard time......

I wanted an O linemen last year instead of DHB.....If Russell would just work harder.....Hopefully cable is trying to slap Russell in the face by putting in Frye maybe this will motivate him.....

Lets give JP Lossman the start next week and see what he can do.....Well we already seen what he could do with the bills which isnt much....But maybe that stint in the USFL or whatever that league was called will get wanting to stay in the NFL...

Jan 12, 2006
Detlef....Us raider fans understand what we need to do and what our needs are.......Nonfiction told the nation to "go fuck ourselves" a couple of pages back so im just giving him a hard time......

I wanted an O linemen last year instead of DHB.....If Russell would just work harder.....Hopefully cable is trying to slap Russell in the face by putting in Frye maybe this will motivate him.....

Lets give JP Lossman the start next week and see what he can do.....Well we already seen what he could do with the bills which isnt much....But maybe that stint in the USFL or whatever that league was called will get wanting to stay in the NFL...
lol @ wanting to keep russel, LOSSman and frye! HA HA HA HA!