R.I.P. Tim Dog

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Best known for his beef with Dr. Dre.

Hip Hop mourns its first loss of 2013, with the death of BX veteran rapper Timothy "Tim Dog" Blair today from a seizure following a long bout with diabetes. He was 46 years old.
Tim is most noted for his "Fuck Compton" anthem, directed towards Dr. Dre and N.W.A.,which was possibly the catalyst of the "so-called" East Coast vs. West Coast rap rift. The song garnered several response tracks from DJ Quik, Compton's Most Wanted, and Dr. Dre. He has appeared on projects with the likes of KRS-One and The Ultramagnetic MCs.
Blair was briefly in the news again last year when he was caught in a sting operation by "Dateline NBC", where he was set up for swindling single women out of thousands on an online dating scam.
Tim Dog was present and active during a pivotal time in Hip Hop and unapolgetically made his mark. The Source would like to send our condolences to his family and friends. Rest In Peace.
source

Tim Dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
His solo albums weren't that great, particularly given the time period they came out in.

The one with Kool Keith was great though

R.I.P.

Props: S.SAVAGE

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
^ i didnt even like LA but i took offense to 'fuck compton' like that was the start of east/west warfare to me where i chose sides

i was always a big fan of east coast rap but when the disses flew i stuck with CA

kool keith was always my shit i just never liked tim dog, even if it was hater of me to frown on him over fuck compton thats what i did mane ill keep it 100 i was riding for my state even tho im from SD (now im legit from the bay area, been here for years) and it didnt concern my area

Props: S.SAVAGE

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
"fuck compton" was over-rated as all fuck to me... bar for bar, it just didn't cut it for me, though it was good as a novelty song

"secret fantasies" is one of the funniest songs i've heard in my life though... and i remember liking one of the songs off that "BX warrior" album he put out a few years back

r.i.p. tim m-u-t

::

Last edited:

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Penecillin on Wax reminds me of high school. Like most of y'all I was a huge west coast fan and NWA, CMW, and Quik were my favorites but I still bumped Fuck Compton and Ill Wax Anybody...

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I remember I bought that Penicillin On Wax to hear what Dre and Snoop were talking about in Dre Day. It was one of the most God-awful albums I've ever heard. After that one listen, it's been sitting in the bottom of one of my CD bins and I don't think I'll ever give it another listen.