Ps3 Network help

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThornCity503

Rest In Peace
May 19, 2008
Shit is pissing me off. I bought a Linksys Router(not wireless) and cant seem to get an internet connection. Its keeps sayin connection failed DNS problem. I have googled it but nothing seems to work. Cn anyone give me some advise thanks

ThornCity503

Rest In Peace
May 19, 2008
Yeah its not wireless,I have the ethernet cord and everything plugged in right but i has something to do with the DNS number, its drivin me crazy

ThornCity503

Rest In Peace
May 19, 2008
Its all good man thanks anyway. Fuckin pisses me off though, why cant it just be simple. I was reading online about it and alot of people are experiencing the same thing I am. Theres all this talk about ports WEP keys and shit and i have no clue what the fuck that means, im just trying to play fuckin basketball with the homies lol

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
aww, someone aint going to jump on cod anytime soon haha

just kiddin...

but, it should be automatic man, try it with no security first, you don't even need wep cuz it's not wireless.

trouble shoot to make sure it's not your internet by plugging the modem directly into the ps3, if it works, cool, now try it with the router, make sure the wires are right and test it with a laptop. If it works on the laptop, it should work on your ps3. just try it without any wep or security things

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
its a security thing that generates a code that only you would know, and then anyone that knows that code could just logon to your connection, it's useful for wireless connections but i'm not so sure about wired connections.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
see what you need to do is go down to the beach and get yourself some sand

fill an empty tissue box with sand and bury the ethernet wire into it

now close your eyes and slowly beat the sand filled tissue box like a drum while saying 'OHHHH I CAN SEE THE MOON IN THE SPOON'

do this for about 12 minutes and then open your eyes

remove the wire from the sand and pour the sand into the ethernet slot at the back of the ps3

plug the wire into the ps3 and then take the remaining sand and build a small sandcastle on top of your router

your ps3 should now connect to the internet

hope this helps