Prime Barry vs. Prime Emmitt

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2004
Sanders was a clubhouse cancer, cared more about himself than his team. Emmitt was all about the team, he fucking played with a seperated shoulder in a OT game that clinched the division against the Giants and was 73% of the team's offense. And if sanders was so great how come he never came up big in the playoffs?

May 2, 2002
Barry...it's not even close.

Emmitt may have rings, but he played on far more superior teams.

Emmitt is the most over-rated in history. I wouldn't even put him in the top 5 all time.

May 10, 2002
EMMITT= ONE OF THE MOST OVERRATED PLAYERS EVER. I KNOW YOU COWBOY FANS CANT STAND THAT BUT TROY AIKMAN COULD HAVE BEEN THE RUNNING BACK AND PULLED IN 100 YARDS A GAMES WITH THAT OFFENSIVE LINE.

BARRY SANDERS IS WAY BETTER EMMITT AND LOL AT CALLING HIM A TEAM CANCER, HE DIDNT EVEN CELEBRATE WHEN HE GOT TOUCHDOWNS, ALL HE CARED ABOUT WAS HIS TEAM WINNING.

Jun 24, 2004
Playa510 said:
EMMITT= ONE OF THE MOST OVERRATED PLAYERS EVER. I KNOW YOU COWBOY FANS CANT STAND THAT BUT TROY AIKMAN COULD HAVE BEEN THE RUNNING BACK AND PULLED IN 100 YARDS A GAMES WITH THAT OFFENSIVE LINE.

BARRY SANDERS IS WAY BETTER EMMITT AND LOL AT CALLING HIM A TEAM CANCER, HE DIDNT EVEN CELEBRATE WHEN HE GOT TOUCHDOWNS, ALL HE CARED ABOUT WAS HIS TEAM WINNING.

Are we talking about the same barry sanders? Numerous people from his clubhouse have gone on the record saying he was a cancer and he complained when he wasnt getting the ball.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Come on man this dude knows Barry was better than Emmitt or he simply wasn't watching the same Barry Sanders that we were watching. Put Emmitt behind the same line Barry was running behind and Emmitt probably would of never reached 1,000 yards in a season.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
DaytonFamily said:
Who ran away from the record like a bitch instead of running towards it? Who has the 3 superbowl rings and mvp's? Sanders= avg 2 yards a carry the whole game, then gets a 60 yard run. Most overrated RB in history.
Isn't that pretty amazing how can go most of the game averaging 2 yards a carry and then hit your defense with a 60 yarder? How is that overrated?

Jun 24, 2004
Tony said:
Daytonfamily man you're a funny dude. I'd take Barry no more questions asked!

WHY? Other than his once a game 60 yard run, he gave u nothing, he didnt have great hands, couldnt block, couldnt be used in goal line situtations. Emmitt could do all of that. He could break big runs. But you could also count on him to go out there on a constant basis and grab you 5 yards. Barry might lose you 5 yards.

Talent= Barry>Emmitt
Better Overall= Emmitt>Sanders

May 10, 2002
barry was great running back with out a doubt....one of the most talented athletes weve ever seen.....but he was also a pussy and a quitter.....he did not block or catch well....and was taken out a lot of the time in goal line situations......now emmitt might not have been as physically gifted as barry was.....but he was tougher and he was a better overall player.....better reciever, blocker and could make people miss and break tackles too.....bottom line, emmitt could do more for my team than barry....

May 8, 2002
BornSin said:
barry was great running back with out a doubt....one of the most talented athletes weve ever seen.....but he was also a pussy and a quitter.....he did not block or catch well....and was taken out a lot of the time in goal line situations......now emmitt might not have been as physically gifted as barry was.....but he was tougher and he was a better overall player.....better reciever, blocker and could make people miss and break tackles too.....bottom line, emmitt could do more for my team than barry....
I feel you in some ways but Barry Sanders was the best ever at running the ball!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
TONE DOG THE 01 said:
I feel you in some ways but Barry Sanders was the best ever at running the ball!
There we go right there mayne. Emmitt was on a squad period. He ran behind a huge offensive line and a fullback. The power I formation. Barry used to run out of single back set. A fullback would just be getting in his way...