old school No Limit Records ?'s

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 26, 2005
they put out an album on King George's label right before No Limit realy realy blew up. it sounded like shit. recording and mixing was some of the worst independant shit i ever heard, back when it cost a lot of money to actually manufacture and produce a copy of an album. King George shoulda helped them cats a little bit more with over all production. im sure his experience with all the earlier No Limit shit woulda worked wonders. his label coulda had a gem. if they dropped on No Limit when they was suppose to, Master P woulda had them cats sounding serious. if P woulda kept them around when No Limit was a hip hop house hold name, them cats woulda been one of his biggest acts. especially with the Beats by the Pound sound No Limit later established.

this is probably there best track on 100% Game. probably the best sound quality track too. decent album, but you'd probably have to realy like CCG% to have some kind of appreciation.
yeah i hear you on that CCG album. i used to have that cd. i liked it, but it wasn't as good as i thought it would be. like you said, the production and overall sounds were pretty shitty. not to mention, the tracklist were a little messed up. to me, the best song they ever did was that "RIP" song off Down South Hustlers.

Props: Mixerr
Jun 26, 2005
also, if anybody's wondering, here's an old No Limit catalog i put together:

no cat. # - TRU - Minf Of A Psychopath 1990
NLR-1001-2 - Master P - Get Away Clean 1991
NLR-1003 - Master P - I'm Going Big Time 1992
NLR-1004 - Mama's Bad Boy 1992
NL-0005 --- TRU - Hangin In The Hood 1992
NLR-1006 - TRU - Understanding The Criminal Mind 1992
NLR-1007 - EA-Ski - Breaking Them Off Something 1992
NLR-1008 - EA-Ski - 1 Step Ahead Of Yall 1992
NLR-1009 - Rally Ral - Something Kind Of Funky
NLR-1010 - EA-Ski - Straight Business 1993
NLR-1011 - TRU - Tell Them What's Going On 1993
NLR-1012 - Master P - Trust No Body 1993
NLR-1013 - Sonya C - Married To The Mob 1993

NLR-7300 - Master P - Jack Of The Jackers 1991
NLR-1225 - TRU - Christmas In The Ghetto 1992
NLR187 - TRU - Who's Da Killer 1993
?????? - Sonya C – Married To The Mob (single) 1993

and also that Master P What's The Deal" tape. never seen the cover. probably has no catalog #.

May 16, 2002
i just wanna take this here time to say r.i.p. to soulja slim, ya heard me

i got my solja rag on right now ya dig

Give It 2 Em' Raw had to be one of the tightest albums on No Limit hands down. I remember seeing the cover & laughing at it thinking, "Hell no!"

One day I'm kicking it with Key Loom at his house & he's bumpin' some music. I'm feeling the music like, "This shit is tight." I asked Key Loom who it is & he shows me a cassette cover of Soulja Slim: Give It 2 Em' Raw & I'm like, WTF?!?!?!?!

I bought the Cd soon after that LOL! One of my all time favorite Cd's that now lives in my iTunes library, but the Soulja Slim, Give It 2 Em' Raw Cd is stored away looking as clean as the day I bought it along with the Master P, Ghetto D.

Jun 10, 2002
snoops second cd on no limit No Limit Top Dogg wasnt bad seemed like he went back to what worked for him instead of trying to do the down south shit on that one. I cant lie though for a while I was buying every cd that dropped on no limit up til that only god can judge me shit then I stopped

Apr 3, 2010
I think that is where most people stopped. All the albums before that are in pretty high demand, and all of them after Only God Can Judge Me are basically worthless. Some of them no one wants though like that Lil Soldiers album or that basketball album

Props: Mixerr