old school No Limit Records ?'s

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 3, 2010
anybody know the answer to my EA-Ski question? maybe he's got some unknown earlier release that i don't know about.

where's r8r at? he's the bay historian.
EA ski had a bunch of cassettes. It might have been on there, or maybe was unreleased.

The EA ski stuff on the Im Bout it soundtrack and west coast bad boyz is awesome. He should of had an album out in like 97, but it got shelved

Props: Mixerr
Apr 25, 2002
better than TRU - "True" or shit, even "Ice Cream Man" (if we're comparing apples to apples)? i understand that opinions are subjective, however i think most No Limit fans would not consider that to be the best of all time.
Ghettos Tryna is better than Ice Cream Man, imo. the TRU - True albums sound is like an evolved Ghettos Tryna album, sound wise. Ice Cream Man has a little bit of that sound, mixed in with a lot of down south.

Fuck Them Hoes and Bout It Bout It off of True was some defining ass songs. they had a lot of down south in them compared to the rest of the album. a different vibe. every No Limit album after True was a down south album, except WCBB2. thats why a lot of fans of True didnt like True 2 Da Game. but it didnt matter because NL gained a lot more fans than it was losing.

i woulda liked to see a Silkk, C-Murder, and Big Ed solo before the sound change. i was dissapointed with Silkks first 2, C-Murder first and Big Eds joint. as well as Ice Cream Man and True 2 Da Game. i picked up Im Bout It sound track (and vhs), 7 Sins, and WCBB2. thats all the No Limit shit i purchased post Ghetto Stories. and i wasnt feeling much of none of it.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
better than TRU - "True" or shit, even "Ice Cream Man" (if we're comparing apples to apples)? i understand that opinions are subjective, however i think most No Limit fans would not consider that to be the best of all time.

EDIT: fuck it heres a quick top 10:

1) master p - ice cream man
2) tru - tru 2 da game
3) master p - ghetto d
4) tru - true
5) silkk - the shocker
6) I'm bout it soundtrack
7) wcbb
8) Silkk the shocker - charge it to da game
9) c-murder - life or death
10) kane & abel - 7 sins

Honorable Mentions: Fiend - There's One In Every Family, Mr. Serv-On - Life Insurance, gambino family, I got the hook up soundtrack, kane & abel - am I my brothers keeper, mystikal - unpredictable
My top 10

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
Ghettos Tryna is better than Ice Cream Man, imo. the TRU - True albums sound is like an evolved Ghettos Tryna album, sound wise. Ice Cream Man has a little bit of that sound, mixed in with a lot of down south.

Fuck Them Hoes and Bout It Bout It off of True was some defining ass songs. they had a lot of down south in them compared to the rest of the album. a different vibe. every No Limit album after True was a down south album, except WCBB2. thats why a lot of fans of True didnt like True 2 Da Game. but it didnt matter because NL gained a lot more fans than it was losing.

i woulda liked to see a Silkk, C-Murder, and Big Ed solo before the sound change. i was dissapointed with Silkks first 2, C-Murder first and Big Eds joint. as well as Ice Cream Man and True 2 Da Game. i picked up Im Bout It sound track (and vhs), 7 Sins, and WCBB2. thats all the No Limit shit i purchased post Ghetto Stories. and i wasnt feeling much of none of it.
shit i forgot TRU 2 Da Game! i think that might replace Unpredictable in my Top 10

yeah my boy bought that I'm Bout It VHS too - so low budget, yet so classic lol

right on Rasan - that Life or Death was another great one

Jun 1, 2009
www.youtube.com
My 2 cents...

1. Master P - Ice Cream Man
2. Tru - True
3. Silkk - The Shocker
4. Tru - True 2 da Game
5. C-Murder - Life or Death
6. Mac - Shell Shocked
7. Silkk - Charge It 2 da Game
8. Mystikal - Unpredictable
9. Mr. Serv On - Life Insurance
10. Master P - Da Last Don

Honorable Mention: Master P - Ghettos Trying To Kill Me ('97 re-release), Master P - Ghetto D, Kane & Able - 7 Sins, Mia X - Unlady Like

Slept On: Master P - Good Side, Bad Side, Silkk - Based On a True Story, Mo B. Dick - Gangsta Harmony, Big Ed - The Assassain

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
they put out an album on King George's label right before No Limit realy realy blew up. it sounded like shit. recording and mixing was some of the worst independant shit i ever heard, back when it cost a lot of money to actually manufacture and produce a copy of an album. King George shoulda helped them cats a little bit more with over all production. im sure his experience with all the earlier No Limit shit woulda worked wonders. his label coulda had a gem. if they dropped on No Limit when they was suppose to, Master P woulda had them cats sounding serious. if P woulda kept them around when No Limit was a hip hop house hold name, them cats woulda been one of his biggest acts. especially with the Beats by the Pound sound No Limit later established.

this is probably there best track on 100% Game. probably the best sound quality track too. decent album, but you'd probably have to realy like CCG% to have some kind of appreciation.
I had that album too actually. They had some cuts. Production was really hit or miss to me

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
This is my list, just in order of how much I've listened to them
Mr. Ice Cream Man
Silkk - The Shocker
Tru 2 da game
Ghetto D
Ghetto's trying to kill me
I'm Bout It
7 Sins
True
WCBBII
Pre-Meditated Drama
Down South Hustlerz

I actually took that TRUE cd back and bought the Mr. Ice Cream Man cd. No one here in Oklahoma really even knew who he was but the first time I listened to it, I was mind blown. Damn near every track was dope.

My grandma (rip) actually bought me that Silkk The Shocker cd for Christmas. Talk about being hella surprised by a gift for Christmas lol

Apr 25, 2002
^^ Oh Ya, that had the classic "Here today, gone tommorow" cut.

IMO No limit really started going downhill when they started using those weird plastic cd cases, where the cover was attached.

I remember buying all the albums, till they started suckin. Then I became very selective, eventually buying none.

My top ten

1. tru - tru
2. down south hustlers
3. wcbb
4. Im Bout It
5. Ice Cream Man
6. The Shocker
7. True 2 Da Game
8. C-murder - Bossalinie
9. Snoop - Last Meal
10. Snoop - Top Dogg

I was dissapointed when No Limit went full on down south, cuz the best stuff from the label was the West Coast stuff. The greatest stuff on No Limit will always remain WCBB 1 & 2, and the West Coast Features.. C-Bo ect... Yet he shook the bay and jumped on some down south shit.

As far as Snoop goes, Game is to be sold was a huge letdown, Maybe production wise it was the best beats of the time, but as far as Snoop went it was a major let down.

He brought it back with Top Dogg, and the worst thing about that album was the out of place No Limit Production and Features. Then came Last Meal, and hands down the only bad parts of that album are Master P verses.

I would not mind going through every No Limit Realease and making a best of comp.

May 16, 2002
Young Bleed - My Balls & My Word

Silkk the Shocker - Charge It 2 da Game

Big Ed - The Assassin

Full Blooded - Memorial Day

I've been looking for these just for the sole purpose of collection. If anybody has any of these I'm willing trade for other No Limit albums any of you might not have (we can send zip files though email for all I care.) I'm not talking trading hard copies. Strictly digital.

I have a lot of the No Limit catalog now, but like I said, I'm a little more of a No Limit fan now than I was when it was hot in the 90's.

PM me if any of you are down to trade.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Da Game Is To Be Sold was the best No Limit album in the late 90s No Limit style. They gave him the best beats they had at the time.

I never understood why people don't like that album - yes, it's a disappointment if one was looking for a G-Funk album, but it was a great New Orleans album.

And then he more than made up for that with No Limit Top Dogg

For me personally it was the beats. I never considered post Doggystyle Snoop one of the best rappers, add that with wack beats and the combo sucks.