old school No Limit Records ?'s

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Ive heard that too, its Problem from LA and somebody else...
Bout time I hear about Bad Lucc through somebody else on here indirectly.

When I first heard the beginning of that song I was hyped up, then let down...

it's cool tho cause that Bad lucc "Breakin Bad" album is hella tight....IMO

this shit smash right here...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEqJxz7nYTU[/video]

edit: faded, my bad, not tryin to de-rail thread

Last edited:

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
Snoop Dogg's No Limit Top Dogg album was actually the first album on No Limit Records to step outside of the repetitive fake looking covers & production that label was known for. It was a No Limit album, but was strictly West Coast.

It also introduced Xzibit to the mainstream. Having been an Xzibit fan prior (At The Speed of Life & 40 Dayz & 40 Nights) I to this day feel Snoop had no business on that track, "Bitch Please." Xzibit outshines Snoop hard & on part II on Eminem's, The Marshall Mathers L.P. Snoop again gets out shined by the features on that track.
Yeah, I honestly haven't cared for Snoop in years. I think 40 Dayz & 40 Nights is what brought X to the mainstream though.

i got some questions about No Limit's early days. maybe some of you can answer.

1.on EA-Ski's 1st tape "Breaking Them Off Something", he has a song on there called "Don't Fuck With Me (Part 2). where's the part 1 to this song. this is his 1st release that i know about. or does he have another tape out before that?

2.around '92, Master P had beef with N2Deep. i heard it in some songs, and also in the j-cards of one of his tapes. does anyone know what that was about?

3.i just noticed that Master P's 1st cd "Get Away Clean" has a little bit of a different tracklist than the tape. the tape has 4 songs that the cd doesn't have:

Perving
No Limit
Jack Of The Jackers
Time To Chill

does anyone have any of these songs they could post up, other than "Jack Of The Jackers"

and one more question - supposedly the 1st No Limit release was Master P "What's The Deal" from around 89 or so. does anyone have this cover? i know dzellian posted it on here once but it didn't show up for me.

any help is appreciated. thanks
I think they may have messed up the track listing on Get Away Clean.

I was a huge no limit fan back in the day.

lol @ master p never being that bad of a rapper, really? He was one of my favorites but listen to his lyrics from mama's bad boy - 99 ways to die, he was terrible as a rapper. I remember reading an interview with K-Lou in Murder Dog and he said that Master P just freestyled everything, which would actually make a lot of sense because it wasn't very good.

He should've signed C-Bo. How we break bread is one of P and Bo's best songs to me

I wish he would've worked more with Jt The Bigga Figga too, they showed a lot of love to each other back in the day.

That Dangerous Dame CD is one of the most awful things I've ever heard. I bought that crap for a dollar and still felt like I got ripped off. I also bought Tre-8 for a dollar and I think I sold them both for like 40-65 bucks each.

I didn't realize til the other day, C- Murder was a bootleg 2 Pac. Didn't realize how much he ripped off his style from Pac
Bo seemed pretty loyal to his label back then, so it probably wouldn't have worked out. Wish I could get that Dangerous Dame for $1, haha. I liked it at first, but I think I may have gotten tired of it. Will have to listen to that one again.

My 2 cents...

1. Master P - Ice Cream Man
2. Tru - True
3. Silkk - The Shocker
4. Tru - True 2 da Game
5. C-Murder - Life or Death
6. Mac - Shell Shocked
7. Silkk - Charge It 2 da Game
8. Mystikal - Unpredictable
9. Mr. Serv On - Life Insurance
10. Master P - Da Last Don

Honorable Mention: Master P - Ghettos Trying To Kill Me ('97 re-release), Master P - Ghetto D, Kane & Able - 7 Sins, Mia X - Unlady Like

Slept On: Master P - Good Side, Bad Side, Silkk - Based On a True Story, Mo B. Dick - Gangsta Harmony, Big Ed - The Assassain
I think the original release of "The Ghetto's Trying to Kill Me!" was better than the re-release. Have you noticed the difference? I thought the re-release would have been better, but he cut out parts. A lot of it had to do with King George no longer being on the label.

May 7, 2002
I just listened to both of those albums, and I gotta say that Pre-Meditated Drama shits all over Black Mafia. Don't get me wrong, I like the Black Mafia, album but PMD is much better, IMO anyways.

I just got a few more old school No Limit cds from ebay. Still searching for SMG Ghetto's Trying To Kill Me! With the prices I've seen, I'm going to have to save up. That damn cd cost as much as one of my car payments lol
True I still bump PMD

And I liked all of scoops albums the first was classic to me top dollar with the gold flee collar dipping in my blue impala DPG that one song made the whole CD lol

I liked wcbb2 better than one because I hear 2 first

That mystikal unpredictable album slapped

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Welcome to 2013 bro, but I know how you feel. Didn't realize 90's ended up being old school, until I started hearing a bunch of 90's music on the old school radio stations.
yes this is 2013, doesn't mean the 90s is old school lmao smh wowzers I don't give a fuq what clear channel thinks. I know ppl have their own interpretations, but old school to me is many moons ago the foundation of hip hop music (the beginning), the original funk ish and r & b ish thats old school to me breh fuq nm I guess I'm just in denial over getting old lmao

Last edited:
Props: BO$$ and BO$$

SpenDoe

The Movement
Feb 2, 2004
California
linktr.ee
I remember anticipatin new releases JUST to hear the new "Soldier" song lol...(1st track)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlWks8jTpBA[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBMRWeua1Y4[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PDBKR7Ib-U[/video]

I remember bein pissed when there wasnt one...smh

Track 2 off of Ghetto D was my shit...among others...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8nd0GBpzHI[/video]
I remember Mr. Serv-On Lets get it started. Master P ripped that song.. Life Insurance was a great album.

Apr 3, 2010
yes this is 2013, doesn't mean the 90s is old school lmao smh wowzers I don't give a fuq what clear channel thinks. I know ppl have their own interpretations, but old school to me is many moons ago the foundation of hip hop music (the beginning), the original funk ish and r & b ish thats old school to me breh fuq nm I guess I'm just in denial over getting old lmao
The first Master P and Tru albums dropped in like 92' thats old school with out a doubt. Ghetto D and Mystikal era might not be yet tho.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
The first Master P and Tru albums dropped in like 92' thats old school with out a doubt. Ghetto D and Mystikal era might not be yet tho.
old school rides are not made in the 90s, why would 90s rap qualify? I know this is a losing argument cuz people believe what they wanna, the best answer I heard over the years is "its old school to me." Old school rap to me are the originators.

Apr 3, 2010
old school rides are not made in the 90s, why would 90s rap qualify? I know this is a losing argument cuz people believe what they wanna, the best answer I heard over the years is "its old school to me." Old school rap to me are the originators.
Because rap music has only been around for like 30 years. Cars have been around for 100.