OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2010 SEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2006
AGAIN - when you play opposite Nnamdi Asomugha, you will be thrown at CONSTANTLY. If you watch the games, he makes more plays than he gives up. He had a stellar year in 2008, which is why he was signed long-term.

On any other team, he would be getting thrown at at least HALF as much. Therefore he would be just fine, and would be a legitimate starter-quality corner.
i use to give the same argument for Harper because QBs use to pick on him instead of throwing to finnengan, he really just sucked and i didnt realize it till we got talent in on the other side of finnengan, the point is if you get burnt as CB big play after big play your not doing your job...no matter WHO is on the field for you, you can attribute Chris Johnsons lack of performance on the lack of pass rush as much as being on the other side of Aso.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
didn't find nothing, still lookin, but found this from espn:

Evening AFC West news and notes
September, 5, 2010
SEP 5
9:30
PM ET
EmailPrintComments
By Bill Williamson

As expected, Oakland has named Stanford Rout the starting right cornerback ahead of incumbent Chris Johnson. This has been coming a while. Johnson was dreadful in the preseason.

You have to wonder if Oakland will make a play for fullback Tony Richardson. He was cut by the Jets. Oakland doesn’t currently have a traditional fullback on its roster. Richardson is a longtime standout. Oakland tried to make it work with Lorenzo Neal last year, so maybe Richardson will get a call. It wouldn’t hurt. He’s a pro’s pro.

Here is an updated look at Oakland’s practice squad.

(S Stevie Brown, DT Kellen Heard, LB Slade Norris, CB Joe Porter, WR Shaun Bodiford, OL Alex Parsons and FB Manase Tonga signed to the practice squad)

Feb 12, 2009
Veldheer is starting at center, he beat out Satele

Henry Wofford
CSNCalifornia.com

Well, I'm not the type to say "I told you so", but this time I'm going to say it. I TOLD YOU SO! There, I got it out of my system. Seriously, we had a segment on the Raiders and 49ers, called Meet the Rookies. My assignment was to interview each of the Raiders' 2010 draft picks. All of the guys were cool cats. Some were laid back (Lamarr Houston, Jacoby Ford). Others were comedians (Travis Goethel, Stevie Brown). Then there was Jared Veldheer who was combination of funny, easy going and mean. When he walked through the door he was massive. 6-foot-8, over 300 pound, fresh from working out. A Raiders PR guy had warned me Jared might be a little late because they have a difficult time getting him out of the weight room. Jared wasn't just big, he was muscular, physically the most impressive rookie I've ever seen.

Jared sat down, smiled, and after a couple of questions he realized this interview would be a piece of cake. I was just throwing some lighthearted questions at him like, when is the last time a girl beat you in a sport? Have you ever taken kids' lunch money? The big guy just laughed and played along with me. Then we focused more on football. He took a deep breath, rotated his shoulders and neck to loosen up a bit then he got real serious. He was focused and he said "I love this game and I love being a mean guy."

As we talked, he made a fist, streched his fingers, then made a fist a couple more times. I said to myself, damn this guy is intense. But I wondered if this was the same Jared. You see, Jared and I have a history. I covered his high school team back when I was an anchor in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We had a 45 minute high school football show that invited a band, cheerleaders and team to the studio each week. Basically it was a jungle in the studio every Friday (about 100 kids). The best band, by far, was Forest Hills Northern, which is where Jared went to school. When the band came in the studio, some of them warned us about a big kid named Jared who could do it all (basketball, football) but needed to put on some weight. What those kids didn't know was that one of Veldheer's assistant coaches, Trent Chambliss, was my next door neighbor, so I already knew Veldheer could be a force. Trent told me Jared was one of the strongest kids he's ever coached, and was extremely smart. At that time, Forest Hills Northern was a new school in Grand Rapids, so the football teams didn't have as many scouts at their games as other schools. Veldheer, who was pretty skinny back then, ended up at a D-II college, where he was a standout.

So, back to the interview. When it was all said and done, I tweeted "Look out for Jared Veldheer this guy is going to find a way to be an impact player as a rookie." After a ten minute conversation I was convinced his work ethic, determination, strength and athletic ability would be obvious once camp started up. Plus, there were rumors that the coaches were blown away by his workouts. Although he played tackle in college, he had some experience playing center in high school. Coach Tom Cable is pleased with what Mario Henderson is doing at left tackle. Langston Walker has played well at right tackle. Cable decided to give Veldheer a shot at center.

Cable announced Saturday that Veldheer beat out Samson Satele for the starting job. When practice ended Sunday one player stayed on the field. Yes, it was Jared Veldheer working with a couple of assistant coaches. He was on the field for an extra 20 minutes and when he finished he politely declined interviews because he was running late. He had to get to the weight room.

For those who don't know much about this guy, keep this in mind. He's one of the nicest guys off the field. He will be one of the meanest guys on the field. If you go to YouTube you can watch him power clean 425 pounds when he was in college. The Raiders are fortunate to have him on the team. No, he didn't win the starting center position by default. He stepped up and took the job. This big fella is intimidating. If anyone is wondering whether he can get the job done, trust me he can. He will continue to get better.

The Raiders offensive line has been criticized over the years, but this season things are going to change. I'm convinced Robert Gallery will make the Pro Bowl if he stays healthy. Gallery manhandled the entire defensive line during camp (including Richard Seymour). Langston Walker is the sleeper, who Coach Cable is really high on right now. And Veldheer is the unknown kid who will make you say "Wow!". You can quote me on it, and when the season is over look for me to say "I TOLD YOU SO."

Read more: Wofford: Rookie Starter Veldheer's Path to the NFL
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Aug 9, 2006
AGAIN - when you play opposite Nnamdi Asomugha, you will be thrown at CONSTANTLY. If you watch the games, he makes more plays than he gives up. He had a stellar year in 2008, which is why he was signed long-term.

On any other team, he would be getting thrown at at least HALF as much. Therefore he would be just fine, and would be a legitimate starter-quality corner.
so, he can START on any other team, yet he was beat out of a job by Routt? LOL.......raiders are super packed at CB depth, chris johnson is the best 2nd string cb in the LEAUGE...lmao at a "dreadful preseason"....yeh, i must not be watching the game along with beat writers from your team along with several posters in this thread, we all missed these games where chris johnson was some bad ass play making CB LOL....

Evening AFC West news and notes
September, 5, 2010
SEP 5
9:30
PM ET
EmailPrintComments
By Bill Williamson

As expected, Oakland has named Stanford Rout the starting right cornerback ahead of incumbent Chris Johnson. This has been coming a while. Johnson was dreadful in the preseason.

You have to wonder if Oakland will make a play for fullback Tony Richardson. He was cut by the Jets. Oakland doesn’t currently have a traditional fullback on its roster. Richardson is a longtime standout. Oakland tried to make it work with Lorenzo Neal last year, so maybe Richardson will get a call. It wouldn’t hurt. He’s a pro’s pro.

Here is an updated look at Oakland’s practice squad.

(S Stevie Brown, DT Kellen Heard, LB Slade Norris, CB Joe Porter, WR Shaun Bodiford, OL Alex Parsons and FB Manase Tonga signed to the practice squad)

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Latest results for tj houshmandzadeh- PauseResumeStopped - More results »

Brut23‎: Sources: Baltimore Ravens to sign WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh - ESPN
Sources: Baltimore Ravens to sign WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh - ESPN‎ - go.com
Twitter - 6 minutes ago

espnnfl‎: Sources: Baltimore Ravens to sign WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh: In a surprise move, the Baltimore Ravens reached agreeme...

Twitter - 6 minutes ago

hireseoexperts‎: live Score Sources: Baltimore Ravens to sign WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh: In a surprise move, the Baltimore... ... live updates
Twitter -
9 minutes ago