OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2010 SEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
time to make a new sig, get raider nation'd out for the season.

CJ was looking like the clear starter opposite nnamndi before his injury(from what I've been reading all off season). he finally comes back after recovering and now he looks like crap. I've already given up on rout, ain't this his sixth year already? dude just doesn't seem to have what it takes. I guess the pressure from our new look D-line should help either way.

Jun 1, 2002
Your right breh.. CJ was getting absolutely torched last night by the Seahawks number 2's.. It was pathetic, Id always liked dude til then, not no more he is a major concern..
He was coming off an injury and had some rust. Don't give up on him. Everyone gets burned once in a while. Even Nnamdi and Revis..

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Late night rumors goin online are were cutting Mike Mitchell, trying to trade Mike Huff, and going after TJ. I only like one of those moves

It has to be going after TJ....Mike Mitchell is only in his second year and can come in handy on special teams...Mike Huff is starting to be the ball hawk we drafted him to be...He should come up with at least 7 INT at saftey this year..Why wait till he starts doing what we drafted him to do and dealing him....SMH

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
I can see huff being traded. he has improved, but I really don't see dude getting 7 picks. he has value, but he isn't irreplaceable.

new sig and avy. sig may or may not be a work in progress.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
rather not trade huff now that he's actually started to play....at least see if he can tap all tha potential.....cutting a 2nd rd picc in his second year is just fuccin dumb.....dont think Mike Mitchell is going anywhere

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
heres the cuts by players not on the feild this has yet to be confirmed only one I dont like is Walter McFadden. Didnt think that would happen cuz hes been playin with the 1's and 2's all preseason.

Colt Brennan Quarterback 2
Shaun Bodiford Wide receiver 4
Todd Watkins Wide receiver 3
John Owens Tight end 9
Manase Tonga Fullback R
Chris Morris Center 5
Alex Parsons Guard R
Brandon Rodd Guard 1
Greyson Gunheim Defensive end 2
Alex Daniels Defensive end R
Kellen Heard Defensive tackle R
William Joseph Defensive tackle 7
Chris Cooper Defensive tackle 8
David Nixon Linebacker 2
Slade Norris Linebacker
Walter McFadden
Joe Porter
Joey Thomas
Jerome Boyd
Swayze Waters
Shaun Bodiford
Todd Watkins

Jul 29, 2002
Update: Raiders add Brown to cut list
By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Saturday, September 4th, 2010 at 6:56 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Update: The Raiders added the name of Stevie Brown to the list on Raiders.com of players who were waived earlier today.

Note: The Raiders have made no mention of waiving Stevie Brown on their transactions page, but have removed him from their 53-man roster on Raiders.com

No word from the Raiders yet, but colleague Steve Corkran got a look at the official NFL personnel notice, and safety Stevie Brown was the last Raiders cut to make it to the minimum of 53 players.

Two thoughts:
– Since Andy Slater, the Florida talk show host who has been tweeting about this all day, was right about Brown, then there’s a good chance he’s also right that Al Davis overruled the coaching staff in their wish to cut Mike Mitchell instead.

– Tom Cable has been fond of saying, “It’s my team” since training camp opened. But we all know it’s not. It’s Al Davis’ team, and if Mitchell becomes a player and Brown never amounts to anything, then he knows what he’s doing.

Those in the coaching staff weren’t the only ones enamored with Brown. Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha said during training camp he thought so much of Brown he would personally lobby for his inclusion on the roster if necessary.

Brown can still be added to the Raiders practice squad

bad move........all stevie brown did was make plays, i hope no one claims him......

Jul 29, 2002
Putting Brown/Mitchell in perspective
By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Saturday, September 4th, 2010 at 8:33 pm in Oakland Raiders.

I doubt we’ll ever get the real story of what happened Saturday afternoon when Stevie Brown practiced with the Raiders, talked to the media about making the team, and then found out later he was sadly mistaken.

I’ve already posted the thoughts of Andy Slater, the Florida sport radio talk show host who was tracking the story all day, saying it was Mike Mitchell that the coaches wanted cut.

(Slater’s bio at his radio station says he worked for the Raiders doing film cut-ups. It doesn’t say when. One current longtime Raiders employee and another employee who dated back to the 2000 season said they’d never heard of him).

You can count on Tom Cable saying Sunday that everyone was in agreement, that tough choices had to be made, etc.

Surely it was a big deal to Brown, who could still surface on the practice squad, and Mitchell, who expressed confidence Saturday night he had made the team.

But when it comes down to it, the much bigger story was the ascension of Jared Veldheer, a third-round draft pick out of Division II Hillsdale, to starting center. He’ll have a direct impact on how the Raiders fare in their opening game Sept. 12 against the Tennessee Titans.

Even if Brown had made the roster, there is no guarantee he would be active on game day. He’s played most of the preseason as a single deep safety, while Mitchell, except for a practice or two, has been a strong safety playing closer to the line of scrimmage.

The fact that the Raiders kept Hiram Eugene, who does play the free safety position, means he must have still been listed ahead of Brown.

I’ve already had plenty of correspondence with readers about whatever problems the coaching staff with Mitchell, and my honest answer is I don’t know. He’s a little high strung and high maintenance. He’s usually of a mind, when playing defense, to be overly aggressive and overpursue while looking for the big play and the big hit. But he practices every day and has some real qualities as a physical safety.

Brown is a seventh-round draft pick, Mitchell a second-rounder and neither may ascend to the role of starter.

Nice fodder for cutdown day, though.

Note: Luke Lawton is on the suspended list, not the cut list. He is still property of the Raiders and the club can either activate him after Week 2 or release him.

-they should of cut figurs or sam williams instead of brown since mitchell was not an option....

Apr 25, 2002
I like Walter McFadden too. Don't see why he'd be cut as the CB depth is pretty weak.
I also like the rookie Stevie Brown. He seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time and making plays.