**Official** Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
i dont think anyone is doubting the gameplay of MVC...but it does lack in many areas...the graphics are top notch, but seriously shit gets repetitive...6 arenas ( 8 if you include galactus' arena and the danger room )...a lot of the characters are bullshit....no storyline included with the game...endings are weak....training and missions are basically the same thing...

MK will be the greater fighting game i think...MK1-MK3 in one game, plus innovations such as the x-ray moves...i dont even have to get into the fatalities..also the storyline....it will have plenty of secrets and bonuses...

MVC seemed to me pretty thrown together...no real content other than the fighting aspect and that shit gets old and repetitive

Apr 10, 2006
For a singleplayer aspect, I can see your point, but if all I am doing is playing with my friends and online, then I give a shits less about how many stages or modes there are. My biggest complaint is having DLC characters and the lack of spectator mode for online lobbies.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
played this today and it's pretty cool, i enjoyed playing it but i think mortal kombat will be much better

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
For a singleplayer aspect, I can see your point, but if all I am doing is playing with my friends and online, then I give a shits less about how many stages or modes there are. My biggest complaint is having DLC characters and the lack of spectator mode for online lobbies.
6-8 backgrounds get old real fast....my favorite being the tricell lab because you can bust the glass and the lickers roam free..but thats like the most thought capcom put into the game..the other stages are high in detail but lack in interaction....

i just think for as hyped and anticipated this game was for a lot of people...it was a serious let down...

there was a rumor that an MK 9 demo was coming the day the MVC 3 released...had that happened i probably would have waited on buying MVC....BECAUSE I KNOW FOR FACT MK WILL SHIT ALL OVER MVC 3 IN EVERY CATEGORY...

the fact that it wont be sold in australia due to it being to graphic and violent...australia's rating board wont give it a rating so its basically banned so far...

awesome shit though i sold it for 50 on craigslist...fuck gamestop !

Oct 27, 2008
this game is fun. i still prefer the 2 punch - 2 kick button set-up of the last game.

7 levels, true, there should be more. weak character selection? somewhat..

but the main thing this game lacks is DAN.

greatest troll-character ever.. people sincerely hate getting the shit kicked out of them by him. lol.

Oct 27, 2008
question for those who own this-- who do you main so far? what teams?

as of now i've been mostly playing with wolverine/taskmaster/sentinal & deadpool/magneto/dante.

also, my new team of hoe bitches is storm/felicia/pheonix.

all of my teams contain @ least one cheap ass character. thats my safety net. lol.

Dec 7, 2005
I mostly choose X-Force/Weapon X - Wolverine, X-23, Deadpool. X-23 is the shit, I could see Why one would think she's better than Wolverine.

$migg Cant Rap said:
i wish (this version of) Weapon X was in the game--
It is, well, not really. The red and blue color swap is based off that version of Wolverine.
Yeah, I wish they had real alternate costumes too, but if they did that the game might not feel as incomplete as it does.