**Official** HALO REACH thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Pre-order Deals & Exclusives

All retailers - While supplies last, buy on launch day and receive a token to unlock the exclusive MJOLNIR Mark VI Spartan Recon helmet.

Amazon - $20 gaming coupon with purchase of any version. Release day delivery is available free with Amazon prime; otherwise $0.99. Also, the Limited Edition Guide is $18.89 and Signature Edition Guide is $13.49, however both are back-ordered.

Best Buy - $20 gift card with purchase of any version (including console). Reward Zone Gamers Club Members receive 500 points ($10 value). Offer valid online & in-store. Release day delivery is available for $5.99. Some stores open for midnight launch.

Dell - Regular edition is $44.99, Legendary is $139.99, Reach Console is $369.99

GameStop - Exclusive in-game UA Multi-Threat Mjolnir Mark V(B) Armor. Pre-order by Sep 13th at 11am CST with overnight shipping ($9.99) and get guaranteed release day delivery. Some stores open for midnight launch.

Kmart - Halo Reach Confirmed Offer (to be announced via Twitter Chat on 9-7)

Newegg -

Sears -

Target - Free Fathead Jr. wall graphic with pre-order

Toys R Us - $25 gift card on 9/14 only for Reward Zone members. Also, get a collectible card (Carter) which entitles the holder $5 off any Halo item ($9.99 or more) with purchase of Halo Reach. Card is valid through 9/18. More details on these cards here.

Walmart - $20 eGift card with purchase of any version. Release day delivery is available for $0.97.

Special Editions & Hardware Details

Halo Reach Limited Edition - MSRP $79.99
* Halo Reach Game
* Game Disc in custom case modeled after a recovered ONI data module
* A custom in-game Elite armor set for use in Reach’s multiplayer modes.
* Artifact Bag containing a brand-new piece of the extended Halo universe: The personal notes and documents of the creator of the SPARTAN program: Dr. Catherine Halsey.
* Dr. Halsey’s ONI Security Badge.
* Embroidered Spartan II Patch.

Halo Reach Legendary Edition - MSRP $149.99

* Contains everything in the above Limited Edition, plus:
* Noble Team statue expertly crafted by the artisans at McFarlane Toys; individually molded, hand-painted and numbered.
* UNSC-themed custom packaging.
* An exclusive in-game "flaming head" multiplayer Spartan armor effect.

Xbox 360 250 GB Halo Reach Console Bundle - MSRP $399.99

* Xbox 360 250GB S Console with Halo Reach design
* Halo: Reach Standard Edition
* Two silver Halo Reach wireless controllers
* Xbox 360 Black Headset
* Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable
* One Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Halo Reach Wireless Controller - MSRP $59.99

Includes Halo: Reach Banshee vehicle prop for your avatar. Designed by Bungie in sleek silver, the exclusive limited edition controller frees you up to roam the room (up to 30 ft. range) and save humanity.

Halo Reach Wireless Headset - MSRP $49.99

Custom designed by Bungie in sleek, game-inspired silver, this exclusive limited edition headset keeps you connected to the team in online multiplayer game play as you storm the battlefield and save humanity.

Halo Reach Signature Series Guide - MSRP $19.99

Features a step-by-step walkthrough of the entire game. Find detailed maps pinpointing key locations of each area in Forge World, giving you a closer look into the life of the Noble 6 super soldiers. Exclusive maps found only in the official guide show you the locations of enemy engagements, weapon caches for the campaign and more. Existing weapons from the Halo series have been fully updated and there are brand new weapons to help you fulfill combat roles. This "Halo Reach Signature Series Guide" is a collectible for all Halo fans. Official artwork enhances every page, designed for beauty and easy-of-use.

Halo Reach Limited Edition Guide - MSRP $34.99

Features a step-by-step walkthrough of the entire game. Find detailed maps pinpointing key locations of each area in Forge World, giving you a closer look into the life of the Noble 6 super soldiers. Exclusive maps found only in the official guide show you the locations of enemy engagements, weapon caches for the campaign and more. Existing weapons from "The Halo series" have been fully updated and there are brand new weapons to help you fulfill combat roles. "This Halo: Reach Limited Edition" is a collectible for all "Halo" fans. Featuring a 96 developer's diary with concept art and personal commentary from the design team at Bungie studios, this exclusive deluxe hardcover guide is a must for any fan.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
I decided to bite on the Legendary from Walart, had a $100 giftcard lying around..so used that..only had to pay $58 balance, plus they got the .97cent release date delivery to house and you get a $20 giftcard.

So basically a $150 deal for $40..not bad

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Now gonna do the gamestop preorder...chances are the code is going to be printed on the receipt...so I'll just return the game to another store where they dont know me and just say wife bought game too...dont need two around lol

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
That's tight that Best Buy is doing the $20 gift card for game AND console bundle.

I guess I'll go there and see if I can pre-order the console bundle in-store. If not, I'll wait until the last minute to pre-order online and HOPE they have the in-store pickup option available.

As it stands, I think I already got the 500 bonus points ($10 certificate), I'll be getting a $20 gift card for the Legendary Edition, and hopefully a second $20 gift card for the Limited Edition console, as well as tons of bonus points for putting most of it on my Best Buy MasterCard and being a Premier Silver member.

Jun 24, 2005
You become silver if you spend $2000 within a year..right?
$2,500

I very seriously doubt we spend that much in there (the wife and I do spend a lot though), but we have the Best Buy RewardZone MasterCard which we use for almost all of our everyday purchases, and that goes towards becoming a Premier Silver member, so it only takes a couple months to get it.

It's awesome though because when you put a Best Buy purchase on the MasterCard, as a Premier Silver member, you get like triple points or something. It seems like we get at least $10 to $15 in Rewards certificates every month.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
REVIEWS...

Get them all below
Eurogamer – 9
PlanetXbox360 – 10
G4 – 5/5
1UP – A+
Giant Bomb – 4/5
Kotaku – N/A
IGN – 9.5