**Official** HALO REACH thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
I might be in the minority, but I feel ODST is an awesome game with a great story. Yeah it's short, but it's something different for Halo and the flashback missions are all pretty epic.

Then it has Firefight, which is just so much fun. Yeah the lack of matchmaking was a huge drawback, but it's still fun if you can get a couple friends on with you.

Also, Halo 3 has some pretty good stat tracking. Go to bungie.net and you can see stats for every game you've ever played. I know Reach is going to blow it out of the water, but I don't think there's another game with stat tracking as good as Halo 3's.
I have never played ODST, I knew it wasn't going to get much effort put into it like the other halo's. I might rent it.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Continuing in the sad tradition of Halo 2 and 3 before it, Halo: Reach has apparently been leaked. Modders at Game-Tut.com found a way to trick Microsoft's servers, which are currently hosting the full game download. The download is intended for select media and only accessible with a code -- well, until Game-Tut apparently cracked that security measure. The site has yet to openly leak the files to the general public.

It appears that the game is leaking other places as well. At least one video released shows off a tour of Forge in the game's Firefight mode, and spoilers for the game can be found everywhere from Bungie's official forums to NeoGAF (if you really want to see them, you can find them yourself).

While Microsoft and Bungie will be hosting the usual slate of Halo review events around the world in the coming weeks, it appeared as though the companies were relaxing around the usually tightly-controlled media access to the series by uploading the game to Xbox Live. Unfortunately, the system proved vulnerable to the insatiable demand for Halo, which facilitated another early game leak for this high profile franchise.

Update: A Microsoft spokesperson told Joystiq, "We are aware of claims being made regarding a security exploit related to Halo: Reach and are aggressively investigating the matter. We have no further details to share at this time."

Jun 24, 2005
That shit is weak as fuck. I can't believe MS had the game on their fuckin' servers. That seems pretty stupid if you ask me.

I'm about to go dark from user comment sections on gaming websites until I beat Reach. There's too many assholes out there looking to ruin the game for people. I read a comment today on N4G that may have been a huge spoiler, so I'm kinda pissed about that.

May 31, 2007
yea I already got my shit reserved and I am actually willing to spend money on that shit.. fuck downloading it although its tempting since Im dying to play it...Id still buy it though, but im just gonna wait a month and NOT look up info on the game so I dont see shit I dont want to

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Bungie’s confirmed it’s implemented Xbox Live matchmaking in Halo: Reach’s Campaign.

Previously with Halo 3 and ODST, you could only invite your friends to play online.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
As leaked copies of Halo: Reach hit the torrent sites, Microsoft tells Kotaku that they are aggressively investigating the leak and are fully prepared to hand out bans to anyone caught playing the game pre-release.

It happens every time a big game comes out, but when it's a game as big as Bungie's final Halo title, Microsoft sits up and takes notice. Released on the internet far in advance of its September 14 street date, a Microsoft representative tells Kotaku that the source of the leak is under investigation.

"We are aware that an unauthorized copy of "Halo: Reach" has leaked. We are aggressively investigating the matter. We have no further details to share at this time."

So where does that leave folks who can't resist the lure of early Halo: Reach? Even if you have every intention of picking up a retail copy, we'd suggest you wait, lest Microsoft come after you.

"We are aggressively pursuing the violators. Microsoft's commitment to combat piracy and support safer and more secure gameplay for the 25 million members of the Xbox LIVE community remains a top priority. All consumers should know that piracy is illegal and modifying their Xbox 360 console violates the Xbox LIVE terms of use, will void their warranty and result in a ban from Xbox LIVE."

Jun 24, 2005
I want this game so bad right now. From everything that's been shown, the campaign will be EPIC. After I beat the campaign, I'll be onto multiplayer and Firefight. If any game is worth $60, it's this one easily. Halo 3 has lasted three years, probably for a few more, and Reach will most likely surpass Halo 3's longevity.

May 31, 2007
I cant even lie.... I just watched the 2 trailers on Live (ummm the new one and the A spartan is born or some shit like that) and maaaaan i gotta admit.. I know im not gonna like this one as much as the other but god strike me down if im not like little kid excited right now

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
A feast of XBLA games may be headed to Xbox Live Marketplace soon, but that's not all there is. First up, there are a lot of festivities planned for the launch of Halo: Reach. Microsoft is dubbing September 14-20 "Invasion Week," and plenty of Halo goodies will be available "including new gear, exciting content, spectacular prizes and a chance to play with the creators of the game." Microsoft will also be offering opening up Xbox Live Gold features to Silver members from September 17-20. Finally, "all fans that jump online" can download a free "Invasion" theme. It's a bit unclear exactly what's meant by "jump online," whether it be players that play Halo: Reach or simply anyone that signs into Live. We've contacted Microsoft for clarification.

RAVAGE

-DaBadGuy-
Apr 25, 2002
FUBU Outlet
www.dogpile.com
Whos Buying Halo : REACH N' Where

What kinda sells R' going on other than the $20 gift cards or the Special downloadable content some places R' offering?

Im still stuck on this ? cuz I dont know if I wanna buy the game for $40 or for$60 and get the content.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
Amazon.com is offering a $20 giftcard on a future purchase.

walmart.com has $20 eGift Card with pre-order.

GameStop has an exclusive armor permutation as a pre-order bonus.

Best Buy has 500 bonus points ($10 certificate) for RewardZone Gamers Club members.

I have the Legendary Edition pre-ordered at GameStop and will hit up the midnight release and get their pre-order bonus. The next day, I'll hit up Best Buy when they open and pick up my pre-order there, along with the Limited Edition Reach console. I'll then return that one to GameStop, or sell it on ebay. I have yet to decide which because I've never sold anything on ebay.