Official Golden State Warriors Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2008
I read that article today in the paper and I just thought, "who the hell wants Davis for as much money as he is asking?" I mean if the Warriors aren't offering him enough who will? Davis pretty much disappeared in the last few games that they needed him. Monta Ellis and Capt. Jack are the keys to the team and if they can sign a decent FA I think they got a good squad.

Jun 27, 2005
Im tellin you, you guys need to target DeAndre Jordan. If you gotta trade up to get him then thats what you do. A legit center and a backup pg are probably your most glaring needs right now. You should be able to pick up a serviceable backup pg in the 2nd round, but DeAndre Jordan gives you a legit 7 footer with excellent athleticism who should have no trouble keeping up in an uptempo system and playing great post defense. Shit if baron or Monta can find him in the post he might even give you guys a little bit of a half court game.

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/deandrejordan.html

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Nellie will return next year.... maybe more?

Nelson commits to coach Warriors in 2008-09

ESPN.com news services

Updated: June 3, 2008, 1:00 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

There's nothing quite like some downtime in Hawaii to brighten one's outlook.

That's how Don Nelson seemed to portray his recent decision to coach the Golden State Warriors for at least one more season.

"I got the chance to rest a little bit, think about it, and wanted to come back," Nelson told the San Francisco Chronicle from the team's practice facility in Oakland. "It wasn't that hard. I just needed to get away for a few weeks. I'm ready for more action."

The Press Democrat of Santa Ana, Calif., reported Nelson's return on Sunday. The league's second winningest coach of all time behind Lenny Wilkens, Nelson and the team set a June 1 deadline for the coach, who turned 68 in May, to make a decision.

Nelson, who lives in Hawaii in the offseason, has one year left on his contract at about $5 million. The Warriors exercised that option in March, when they were on a pace to win 52 games. They finished 48-34, missing what would have been their second consecutive playoff berth by two games.

"If they're happy and I'm happy, we might do it more, you know?" Nelson told the Chronicle. "Larry Brown's older than me and just took a four-year job" with the Charlotte Bobcats.

Nelson also said the franchise will have more on its mind in 2008-09 than just reaching the postseason.

"Last year, we were very single-minded in trying to make the playoffs. It's what the organization wanted to do, to make the playoffs again, and we tried to do that and we failed," he told the Chronicle. "Part of my job next year is to bring [players like 2007-08 rookies Brandan Wright and Marco Belinelli] along, and if it costs us some games, which it probably will, then that's what it'll do.

"I'll have to prepare myself mentally for that, but I think it's the right thing to do. They're the future of the team."

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Rumor: Brandan Wright + #14 Pick Available for Veteran Big Man or Higher Pick

From Chad Ford [ESPN]:
"Golden State is yet another team with a tough decision to make. They have a lot of players they have to re-up in free agency. Will their owner spend the money to bring Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins and Mickael Pietrus back in the fold? I'm also hearing that a combo of Brandan Wright and the No. 14 are available if they can get a veteran big man back in return or move up in the draft."