Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Latest rumor-Rubio to NY for Nate Robinson and Jordan hill

as for the curry pick, if the W's DONT make a trade involving him, i could see him impressing and actually getting quite a few minutes. a PG that can shoot like that? put monta at the 2 (where he should be) and let monta, morrow and curry rain down the shots.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
On top of it, Curry can make good decisions, and handle the ball. Groom him into the a pure pg, keep monta at the 2, shots will open up all over the floor. Curry can handle double and triple teams and still drop the shot on you.

Dick Vitale just said Curry will be ROY

May 12, 2006
young was one of the college players i watched the most so it would have been dope to see him garcia/young, martin, thompson in sac

kings should try and get a pg from portland and green from okc

May 20, 2006
IM SORRY, I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE NBA DRAFT SINCE 1980 WHEN LARRY BIRD AND MAGIC JOHNSON WERE FRESH OUTTA COLLEGE.

THIS HAS TO BE THE WEAKEST DRAFT EVER!!! THERE IS NOT 1 IMPACT PLAYER THAT WAS CHOSEN. NO NEW MARQUEE TALENT TO MAKE FANS EXCITED ABOUT A NEW SEASON.

JUST ANOTHER REASON TO NOT CARE ABOUT THE NBA, UNTIL PLAYOFFS BEGIN.

smh

Aug 7, 2003
IM SORRY, I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE NBA DRAFT SINCE 1980 WHEN LARRY BIRD AND MAGIC JOHNSON WERE FRESH OUTTA COLLEGE.

THIS HAS TO BE THE WEAKEST DRAFT EVER!!! THERE IS NOT 1 IMPACT PLAYER THAT WAS CHOSEN. NO NEW MARQUEE TALENT TO MAKE FANS EXCITED ABOUT A NEW SEASON.

JUST ANOTHER REASON TO NOT CARE ABOUT THE NBA, UNTIL PLAYOFFS BEGIN.

smh
did you not know who was going to be in the draft before you watched it?

May 2, 2002
I like the Hansbrough pick. Everyone is saying around here he will be a bust.

But we will see.
I thought the same thing when he was a freshman at UNC. Slowest, most awkward guy I've seen in a while...but he got the job done...and then some.

With how hard he works...I just can't see him failing.

May 15, 2002
Joe Buddens interviewing Brandon Jennings on draft night

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/Th.../social_media_biting_back_at_brandon_jennings

On next season in Milwaukee ...
Budden: You better worry about Ramon Sessions, diggin' in your a**, pause.
Jennings: He's not going to be here. [inaudible] That money is going to Charlie.
Budden: N****, Ramon Sessions is gonna be there.
Jennings: I doubt it.
Budden: They ain't go no other guards.
Jennings: Ridnour.
Budden: N****, get that bum-a** n**** outta here.
Jennings: He's going to be a backup.
Budden: To who?
Jennings: To who? Who else n****?
On what happened on draft night ...
Budden: Who was hatin' on you?
Jennings: Jay Bilas.
Budden: What happened? You ran in the draft late or some dumb s*** like a loser?
Jennings: No, I was at the hotel. This is what happened right. My agent is like "Well, we ain't hear nothing .We ain't have no guarantee." So we makin' phone calls and s*** and n***** is saying like "The workouts is great and everything and he's the best point guard but we don't know yet, we just don't know."
Budden: They didn't say that about Rick Rubio, number one, and number two they didn't say you the best point guard. They said your jump shot is shaky, you got some potential, but your work ethic is bull****. You averaged 3 points.
Jennings: You're a liar. I know you're lying now.
Budden: I'm just telling you what they said.
Jennings: That ain't nothing but a college person.
Budden: Just tell me what happened. You end up running in the draft? I tunred it off after that.
Jennings: No, n****, I came out there and made my appearance n**** and I had the best appearance out of all them n******. And I was the best dressed, they said, by the way. I was the best dressed.
On whether he'll start next season ...
Budden: You think you gonna start for real though?
Jennings: I don't know, actually, I really don't know.
Budden: I heard that n**** Scott Skiles is an a**h***.
Jennings: That n**** tough, that n**** tough though. There must be a reason he liked me. There must be a reason.
On Ricky Rubio and the Knicks ...
Budden: Let me know when Minnesota get there. So I can watch Rubio light your f****** a** up. I never seen a n**** hate on Rubio so much.
Jennings: [inaudible]
Budden: You know what's funny? You're the only guard in the draft talking s*** about Rubio.
Jennings: The other n***** are scared.
Budden: What are you going to do when Rubio comes to the Knicks?
Jennings: Rubio is not coming, they are not giving up Rubio. You got Jordan Hill, you happy with that?
Budden: I don't really know enough about Jordan Hill to be happy ... I'm happy with Toney Douglas.
Jennings: I know they were booing this n****.
Budden: What does that mean? They boo everybody n****.
Jennings: If it was Stpehen Curry, them n***** would've went crazy in there.
Budden: Shut the f*** up, you don't even know nothing about New York basketball.
Jennings: F*** the Knicks, them n***** skipped out on me.
Budden: Oh man, you feel to the Knicks like I do about Jay-Z? [Laughs] Yo, the Knicks is your Jay-Z?
Jennings: F*** the Knicks, them n***** is always going to be weak.
Budden: This is where I f****** hang up on your f****** ass for talking stupid.
Jennings: Duhon ain't gonna get it done.