Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2003
I know its not until Thursday but shit is starting to heat up.

Wizards trade the 5th pick to twolves, rando/allen on the move maybe? no one wants it seems like.

heard rando to the grizzles for rudy gay/conley just right now

post info in here

just hope the warriors dont fuck it up

Aug 7, 2003
i hate the draft because my team always has one of the last picks. good thing we have the best scouting team so we make the best of what we got.
u guys werent shit until shaq and kobe. shaq is gone so is kobe is not going to be able to be the same player in 3 years that he is today. and u guys drafted neither of them. kinda good scouting u guys got. farmer is decent but vuijacic is wack. sun yi is a bust, etc.

Aug 7, 2003
from marc steins rumors this morning:

Charlotte indeed offered defensive ace Raja Bell to Golden State earlier this week for Kelenna Azubuike and Marco Belinelli but, sources say, was quickly turned down by the Dubs.

Unrelated but undeniably intriguing Warriors tidbit: Slender rookie Anthony Randolph, also known as the closest thing to an untouchable on the Warriors' payroll, has gained 20 pounds and grown an inch to nearly 7 feet since the end of this past season.

glad the warriors finally see randolph as their man and dont want to trade him.

May 12, 2006
from marc steins rumors this morning:

Charlotte indeed offered defensive ace Raja Bell to Golden State earlier this week for Kelenna Azubuike and Marco Belinelli but, sources say, was quickly turned down by the Dubs.

Unrelated but undeniably intriguing Warriors tidbit: Slender rookie Anthony Randolph, also known as the closest thing to an untouchable on the Warriors' payroll, has gained 20 pounds and grown an inch to nearly 7 feet since the end of this past season.

glad the warriors finally see randolph as their man and dont want to trade him.
great news man great news you deserve a prop:cool:

May 15, 2002

Editor's note: This mock draft was updated at 2:42 p.m. ET to reflect the latest information we're getting today.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Minnesota

Jonny Flynn
Position: PG
Height: 6-1
Weight: 196
School: Syracuse
Confidence level (if player is available): 50 percent

Analysis: Assuming for a second the Wolves think that because Evans doesn't pass, he's not a point guard, we'll put Flynn here at No. 6.

His main competition, if both Rubio and Curry are off the board, is Harden. Harden flew in for a workout Wednesday and I think the Wolves like him a lot. I'm not sure exactly how he fits with Evans, but by the end of the day, I could end up swapping him in for Flynn.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Golden State

Jordan Hill
Position: PF
Height: 6-10
Weight: 232
School: Arizona
Confidence level (if available): 75 percent

Analysis: The Warriors have a young player, Monta Ellis, who thinks he's a point guard, and a coach, Don Nelson, who appears to be committed to giving Ellis a shot at running the point.

With the Warriors moving toward trading for Acie Law that might be enough young point guards.

I think that puts Hill strongly in play here. He's a mobile big man, which Nellie likes, and he's got a great motor. It wouldn't shock me to see Golden State move Brandon Wright this summer and if they do, Hill fits right in.

If Hill is gone, James Johnson could be the pick here.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

New York

James Harden
Position: SG
Height: 6-5
Weight: 222
School: Arizona State

Confidence level (if available): 80 percent

Analysis: The Knicks will be disappointed if Curry, Rubio, Hill and Evans are all off the board. But they'll still be relieved to find Harden here. The Knicks believe the draft is seven players deep and Harden is one of those seven.

If Harden is snatched up by the Thunder or the Timberwolves, they look at Jrue Holiday, Brandon Jennings, DeMar DeRozan and Gerald Henderson. I think they will prioritize point guard, and Holiday has a very slim lead over Jennings.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Toronto

DeMar DeRozan
Height: 6-6
Weight: 211
School: USC

Confidence level (if available): 60 percent

Analysis: The Raptors have some needs on the wing since Anthony Parker and Shawn Marion are hitting free agency. DeRozan is one of the most gifted players in the draft, and has been on the Raptors' radar screen for a while.

The past few days, Holiday and Johnson have also made a push for this pick. The Raptors would like a very solid backup for Jose Calderon, and Johnson would give them so much needed toughness at the 3.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Milwaukee

Brandon Jennings
Height: 6-2
Weight: 165

Confidence level (if available): 70 percent

Analysis: The Bucks have three point guards on their board -- Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday and Jennings. Over the last 48 hours, all of the momentum has been going in the direction of Jennings, even if Flynn falls to them.

I think Jennings' upside and star potential have the Bucks wowed at the moment.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

New Jersey

Gerald Henderson
Weight: 215
School: Duke

Analysis: While Rod Thorn has said he needs a moose up front, the problem is there aren't any moose to be had. Luckily, the Nets have needs in the backcourt, too. Vince Carter isn't getting any younger and he could still end up being trade bait at some point in the season.

Henderson, Terrence Williams and Tyler Hansbrough seem to be the final three guys the Nets are looking at. While I think there's a preference, from a talent perspective, for Williams, I think Henderson's more stable personality seems to be winning him more fans in Jersey.

Hansbrough is likely to be the choice only if the Nets end up pulling the trigger with Chicago for the No. 16 and No. 26 picks in the draft.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Charlotte

Terrence Williams
Weight: 213
School: Louisville
Confidence level (if available): 55 percent

Analysis: Last week I said I thought it was close to a sure thing that Henderson would be the pick here. But Williams went in for a workout and blew Charlotte coach Larry Brown away. Williams and Henderson squared off in a second workout Monday, and Williams walked away the winner.

James Johnson is the other guy who could go here. While Williams seems to be the favorite of Brown, Michael Jordan has emerged as a Johnson fan and could end up trumping Brown. I would love to see those two duke it out. Think Larry will start chanting "Kwame! Kwame!" or maybe "Adam! Adam!"?

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Indiana

Jrue Holiday
Height: 6-4
Weight: 199
School: UCLA

Analysis: The Pacers would feel pretty fortunate if Holiday slipped here. While they've been enamored with Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor and Tyler Hansbrough, the Pacers just can't pass on Holiday if he's still on the board. He's the type of big point guard that would be a perfect complement to T.J. Ford.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Phoenix

Earl Clark
Position: SF
Weight: 226

Analysis: The Suns could go in a lot of directions, depending on where GM Steve Kerr decides to take the team.

There's been a lot of talk about Clark, James Johnson and B.J. Mullens here. Tyler Hansbrough has an outside shot as well. Of the three, it sounds like Clark has the most momentum right now, with his versatility being a perfect fit for the Suns' system.

Or Phoenix could be trading this pick -- a number of teams are trying to get into the lottery, and this could be the bait.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Detroit

Austin Daye
Height: 6-11
Weight: 192
School: Gonzaga

Analysis: The Pistons will begin their summer makeover in the draft. They'd love to add a dominant low-post scorer, but in lieu of that, they'll have to settle for choosing between two upside guys: Clark and Daye.

Clark could be the second coming of Lamar Odom if he's willing to put in the work. The versatile forward can play the 3 and the 4 and is amazing in transition, an excellent rebounder and an emerging shooter. And he has the capability (albeit not always the inclination) to play great defense. But there are a few questions about his background that might hurt him.

Daye is one of the most skilled players in the draft -- sort of a 6-foot-11 version of Tayshaun Prince. He's super skinny, but he can really shoot the rock. Like Clark, he is inconsistent but has major upside.

I think Daye has moved into the lead here based on both his upside and his squeaky-clean background.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Chicago

James Johnson
Height: 6-8
Weight: 258
School: Wake Forest

Analysis: The Bulls have been working the phones this week trying to move up in the draft.

They've talked to the Nets, Bobcats and Pacers about swapping the 16th and 26th picks to move up a few spots.

Who are they after? I've heard everything from Johnson to Blair to Hansbrough to Williams to Mullens here. Last night a new name, Omri Casspi, surfaced as a possibility. To be honest, I can't get a terrific handle on which way they are leaning.

Blair is the most physical. Casspi isn't far behind. Hansbrough is the most NBA-ready. Mullens has the most upside. Johnson is somewhere in between. I'm not sure exactly how Johnson fits in Chicago with Luol Deng on one side and Tyrus Thomas on the other, but there's no question about his upside.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Philadelphia

Eric Maynor
Height: 6-3
Weight: 164
School: VCU

Analysis: With Andre Miller hitting free agency this summer, look for the Sixers to address the point guard position. Lou Williams is nice but not really a lead guard.

Maynor, Lawson and Teague all are in the mix here … as are Williams, Henderson, Wayne Ellington and Sam Young.

Maynor would give Philly the total package as one of the most NBA-ready players in the draft. Lawson had the best season of any of the point guards and can really play in an up-tempo style. Teague also will get a look here, but he's more of a combo guard, and the Sixers have that in Williams.

With Lawson off the board, I think Maynor is the pick.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Minnesota (from Miami)

B.J. Mullens
Position: C
Height: 7-1
School: Ohio State

Confidence level (if available): 50 percent

Analysis: I'm not sure whether the Wolves will keep this pick, and there are a number of teams that seem to be hot for Mullens that would be willing to trade for it. If the Wolves keep it, Mullens could fill a big hole in the paint in the long term.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Atlanta

Ty Lawson
School: North Carolina

Analysis: The Hawks are trading Acie Law and Speedy Claxton for Jamal Crawford. I don't think Mike Bibby is a priority anymore, especially at his asking price. So Lawson is a good pick for a veteran team that could use someone to step right in at point guard.

Jeff Teague, Tyler Hansbrough and Omri Casspi are also real possibilities here.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Utah

Tyler Hansbrough
Weight: 234
Confidence level (if available): 85 percent

Analysis: The Jazz and Hansbrough seem like a match made in heaven. If Hansbrough falls this far (he's getting a look at 11, 13, 16 and 19), I don't see them passing on him. With Carlos Boozer heading out the door, they need more toughness in the paint. But if he's off the board, they likely will be deciding among Young and Toney Douglas.

Young is the type of tough veteran the Jazz love. He is ready to step in and play right now, and would give them minutes at both the 2 and the 3.

Douglas is the type of combo guard the Jazz currently lack. He shoots, plays defense and could be a credible backup at both positions for Utah.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

New Orleans

Sam Young
Height: 6-7
Weight: 223
School: Pittsburgh

Analysis: Young is one of the most NBA-ready players in the draft.

He has size and strength and was super productive at Pitt the past two years. Most importantly for New Orleans, he can come in and contribute right away.

Daye, Darren Collison, Chase Budinger, Taj Gibson and Derrick Brown also are in the mix.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Portland

DeJuan Blair
Weight: 277

Analysis: Why would the Blazers move up two spots in the draft? The word around the league was the Kings had zeroed in on Omri Casspi with the 23rd pick. Casspi could be a good pick for the Blazers to either keep overseas or bring over this year to provide more toughness in the frontcourt.

However, I think Kevin Pritchard won't be able to pass on Blair if he's on the board.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Sacramento (via Houston)

Omri Casspi
Height: 6-9

Analysis: The Kings need toughness in the worst way, and Casspi can really deliver on that. He's not the most skilled player in the draft, but few players possess his grit. As an added bonus for Sacramento, they don't have to pay him to come over yet.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Dallas
(via Portland)

Jeff Teague
Weight: 175

Analysis: This would be a pretty big slide for Teague, who thought his floor was No. 19. Actually, he could go as high as No. 10, so his range is pretty wide. Dallas would be doing backflips to get him here, and, as it happens, he's got some Devin Harris in his game.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Oklahoma City
(via San Antonio)

Chase Budinger
Weight: 206

Confidence level (if available): 40 percent

Analysis: The Thunder would love to get their hands on a legitimate center, but there won't be anyone worth gambling on at this point in the draft. If the team doesn't address its needs at the 2 earlier in the draft, Budinger could be an option. With his shooting ability, he would be a nice complement in the backcourt to Russell Westbrook.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Chicago
(via Denver)

Nick Calathes
Weight: 185
School: Florida

Analysis: The Bulls are still shopping this pick, but if they keep it, look for them to spend it on someone they can keep overseas for at least a year. With Kirk Hinrich likely on the move this summer, Calathes could eventually find a home in Chicago.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Memphis
(via Orlando)

DeMarre Carroll
Weight: 207
School: Missouri

Analysis: The Grizzlies lack toughness and energy and Carroll has an abundance of both.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Minnesota
(via Boston)

Jonas Jerebko
Weight: 220

Analysis: It seems doubtful the Wolves would keep three rookies on their roster this season, which gives them an interesting choice of international players. Casspi would be an obvious choice. He is tough and physical and can keep developing overseas. Victor Claver is the other. But word is Jerebko, from Sweden, is the top choice at the moment.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

New York Knicks
(via L.A. Lakers)

Toney Douglas
Weight: 183
School: Florida State

Analysis: Knicks GM Donnie Walsh traded here hoping that a player he was in love with would fall. Put Douglas, whose defense and shooting ability have the Knicks really intrigued, at the top of that list. If Douglas is gone, DaJuan Summers and Derrick Brown will both be targets as well.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Cleveland

Taj Gibson
Weight: 214

Analysis: The Cavs could lose Anderson Varejao this summer. After getting bested by the Magic, the need for them to have some athletic 4s who can guard players on the perimeter is paramount.

May 15, 2002

Editor's note: This mock draft was updated at 5:36 p.m. ET to reflect the latest information we're getting today.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Minnesota

Jonny Flynn
Weight: 196
School: Syracuse
Confidence level (if player is available): 50 percent

Analysis: Assuming for a second the Wolves think that because Evans doesn't pass, he's not a point guard, we'll put Flynn here at No. 6.

His main competition, if both Rubio and Curry are off the board, is Harden. Harden flew in for a workout Wednesday and I think the Wolves like him a lot. I'm not sure exactly how he fits with Evans, but by the end of the day, I could end up swapping him in for Flynn.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Golden State

Jordan Hill
Weight: 232

Analysis: The Warriors have a young player, Monta Ellis, who thinks he's a point guard, and a coach, Don Nelson, who appears to be committed to giving Ellis a shot at running the point.

With the Warriors moving toward trading for Acie Law that might be enough young point guards.

I think that puts Hill strongly in play here. He's a mobile big man, which Nellie likes, and he's got a great motor. It wouldn't shock me to see Golden State move Brandan Wright this summer and if they do, Hill fits right in.

If Hill is gone, James Johnson could be the pick here.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

New York

Stephen Curry
Weight: 181
School: Davidson

Confidence level (if available): 100 percent

Analysis: Rejoice, Knicks fans. I know we thought it was a long shot, but under this scenario the Knicks land the guy they've coveted all along, as the Wolves will have to decide between Flynn and Curry to run the point. The Wolves want a true point who can be a leader on the floor and play some defense, so Curry drops.

Curry could also go to the Warriors, but if that happens the Knicks get the other guy they covet -- Jordan Hill.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Toronto

DeMar DeRozan

Analysis: The Raptors have some needs on the wing since Anthony Parker and Shawn Marion are hitting free agency. DeRozan is one of the most gifted players in the draft, and has been on the Raptors' radar screen for a while.

The past few days, Holiday and Johnson have also made a push for this pick. The Raptors would like a very solid backup for Jose Calderon, and Johnson would give them so much needed toughness at the 3.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Milwaukee

Brandon Jennings
Weight: 165

Analysis: The Bucks have three point guards on their board -- Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday and Jennings. Over the past 48 hours, all of the momentum has been going in the direction of Jennings, even if Flynn falls to them.

I think Jennings' upside and star potential have the Bucks wowed at the moment.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

New Jersey

Terrence Williams
Weight: 213

Analysis: With the Nets sending Vince Carter out of town for Courtney Lee, look for them to move from drafting a 2-guard to a wing. They've been high on Terrence Williams for a while and this could be their excuse to take him.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Charlotte

Gerald Henderson
Weight: 215
School: Duke

Analysis: The Bobcats have been high on Williams for a while, but if he's gone Henderson could be the pick here. Unless, that is, Michael Jordan calls an audible and takes James Johnson.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Indiana

Jrue Holiday
Height: 6-4
School: UCLA

Analysis: The Pacers would feel pretty fortunate if Holiday slipped here. While they've been enamored with Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor and Tyler Hansbrough, the Pacers just can't pass on Holiday if he's still on the board. He's the type of big point guard that would be a perfect complement to T.J. Ford.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Phoenix

James Johnson

Analysis: I've heard the Suns here with three guys -- Johnson, Earl Clark and B.J. Mullens. They've also been talking to the Warriors about a Stoudemire trade that could move them up to No. 7. The Thunder are also trying to get another lottery pick in this range to get B.J. Mullens.

But if the Suns keep this pick ... I think they are leaning toward Johnson right now.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Detroit

Austin Daye
Height: 6-11
Weight: 192
School: Gonzaga

Analysis: The Pistons will begin their summer makeover in the draft. They'd love to add a dominant low-post scorer, but in lieu of that, they'll have to settle for choosing between two upside guys: Clark and Daye.

Clark could be the second coming of Lamar Odom if he's willing to put in the work. The versatile forward can play the 3 and the 4 and is amazing in transition, an excellent rebounder and an emerging shooter. And he has the capability (albeit not always the inclination) to play great defense. But there are a few questions about his background that might hurt him.

Daye is one of the most skilled players in the draft -- sort of a 6-foot-11 version of Tayshaun Prince. He's super skinny, but he can really shoot the rock. Like Clark, he is inconsistent but has major upside.

I think Daye has moved into the lead here based on both his upside and his squeaky-clean background.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Chicago

Tyler Hansbrough
Weight: 234

Analysis: If Johnson, Henderson and Williams are all off the board, the Bulls will likely go with the default pick of Hansbrough. They like him and DeJuan Blair.

Blair is a better prospect, but you don't have the medical worries with Hansbrough.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Philadelphia

Eric Maynor
Weight: 164
School: VCU

Analysis: With Andre Miller hitting free agency this summer, look for the Sixers to address the point guard position. Lou Williams is nice but not really a lead guard.

Maynor, Lawson and Teague all are in the mix here … as are Williams, Henderson, Wayne Ellington and Sam Young.

Maynor would give Philly the total package as one of the most NBA-ready players in the draft. Lawson had the best season of any of the point guards and can really play in an up-tempo style. Teague also will get a look here, but he's more of a combo guard, and the Sixers have that in Williams.

With Lawson off the board, I think Maynor is the pick.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Minnesota (from Miami)

Earl Clark
Weight: 226

Analysis: If Clark falls this far, the Wolves might have to take him. He's a top-5 talent in the draft and his length and versatility would make him a great fit in Minnesota. B.J. Mullens and Sam Young are also possibilities here.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Atlanta

Ty Lawson

Analysis: The Hawks are trading Acie Law and Speedy Claxton for Jamal Crawford. I don't think Mike Bibby is a priority anymore, especially at his asking price. So Lawson is a good pick for a veteran team that could use someone to step right in at point guard.

Jeff Teague, Tyler Hansbrough and Omri Casspi are also real possibilities here.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Utah

Sam Young
Weight: 223

Confidence level (if available): 65 percent

Analysis: The Jazz want toughness and there are four guys who fit that criteria for head coach Jerry Sloan -- Hansbrough, Young, Toney Douglas and DeMarre Carroll. Of the four, Young is the most ready to come in and have an immediate impact on the Jazz. The dark horse here would be Mullens -- I think Kevin O'Connor might be tempted to swing for the fences if he is still on the board.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

New Orleans

B.J. Mullens
Position: C
Height: 7-1
School: Ohio State

Confidence level (if available): 65 percent

Analysis: The Hornets are in desperate need of size and would be thrilled if they could land Mullens here. He's a big project, but his upside is tremendous.

Daye, Darren Collison, Chase Budinger, Taj Gibson and Derrick Brown also are in the mix.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Portland

DeJuan Blair
Weight: 277

Analysis: Why would the Blazers move up two spots in the draft? The word around the league was the Kings had zeroed in on Omri Casspi with the 23rd pick. Casspi could be a good pick for the Blazers to either keep overseas or bring over this year to provide more toughness in the frontcourt.

However, I think Kevin Pritchard won't be able to pass on Blair if he's on the board.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Sacramento (via Houston)

Omri Casspi

Analysis: The Kings need toughness in the worst way, and Casspi can really deliver on that. He's not the most skilled player in the draft, but few players possess his grit. As an added bonus for Sacramento, they don't have to pay him to come over yet.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Dallas
(via Portland)

Jeff Teague
Weight: 175

Analysis: This would be a pretty big slide for Teague, who thought his floor was No. 19. Actually, he could go as high as No. 10, so his range is pretty wide. Dallas would be doing backflips to get him here, and, as it happens, he's got some Devin Harris in his game.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Oklahoma City
(via San Antonio)

Chase Budinger
Weight: 206

Analysis: The Thunder would love to get their hands on a legitimate center, but there won't be anyone worth gambling on at this point in the draft. If the team doesn't address its needs at the 2 earlier in the draft, Budinger could be an option. With his shooting ability, he would be a nice complement in the backcourt to Russell Westbrook.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Chicago
(via Denver)

Nick Calathes
Weight: 185
School: Florida

Analysis: The Bulls are still shopping this pick, but if they keep it, look for them to spend it on someone they can keep overseas for at least a year. With Kirk Hinrich likely on the move this summer, Calathes could eventually find a home in Chicago.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Memphis
(via Orlando)

DeMarre Carroll
Weight: 207
School: Missouri

Analysis: The Grizzlies lack toughness and energy and Carroll has an abundance of both.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Minnesota
(via Boston)

Jonas Jerebko
Weight: 220

Analysis: It seems doubtful the Wolves would keep three rookies on their roster this season, which gives them an interesting choice of international players. Casspi would be an obvious choice. He is tough and physical and can keep developing overseas. Victor Claver is the other. But word is Jerebko, from Sweden, is the top choice at the moment.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

New York Knicks
(via L.A. Lakers)

Toney Douglas
Weight: 183
School: Florida State

Analysis: Knicks GM Donnie Walsh traded here hoping that a player he was in love with would fall. Put Douglas, whose defense and shooting ability have the Knicks really intrigued, at the top of that list. If Douglas is gone, DaJuan Summers and Derrick Brown will both be targets, as well.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Cleveland

Taj Gibson
Weight: 214

Analysis: The Cavs could lose Anderson Varejao this summer. After getting bested by the Magic, the need for them to have some athletic 4s who can guard players on the perimeter is paramount.

May 15, 2002
It seems Brandon Jennings stock is falling fast

POSTED: June 25 -- 6:15 p.m. ET

Jennings

Andy Katz: Brandon Jennings will not be coming to the draft.

According to a statement from agent Bill Duffy: "Because we do not have a strong grasp of Brandon's draft position, I've advised that he and his family enjoy this day in a more private setting with the people he loves the most. Brandon Jennings will have a very illustrious career in the NBA, and at the end of the day, that is all that is important."

May 15, 2002
POSTED: June 25 -- 6:40 p.m. ET

Thabeet
Chad Ford: As we creep closer to the draft here's a rundown of what's going down along with our latest 7.3 Mock Draft …

• Looks like the Grizzlies are still searching for a trade partner and if they don't find it … it will be Hasheem Thabeet.

• The Thunder are sending mixed signals with people in Ricky Rubio's camp, thinking Rubio is going No. 3 and people in James Harden's camp thinking Harden is going No. 3. Stephen Curry seems out of the mix. Thabeet is there too if he's on the board.

• The Kings were debating still between Tyreke Evans, Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn … with things leaning Evans' way at the moment.

• The Wolves were still trying to get to No. 2 to take Thabeet, not Ricky Rubio. Memphis wants Evans and Kevin Love if they do the deal. That may be a problem if the Kings take Evans.

• The Warriors were talking to the Suns about a deal with Amare Stoudemire that would have them giving up the No. 7. If they keep it, they probably take Jordan Hill. But James Johnson is a wild card and Curry still a possibility.

• The Knicks are praying either Jordan Hill or Curry fall to No. 8. For it to happen, Flynn and Harden need to crack the Top 6. If they don't they'll likely take UCLA's Jrue Holiday.

• Seems like DeMar DeRozan is still a little ahead in Toronto

• Bucks are torn between Flynn, Jennings and Holiday but Jennings remains in the lead.

• With the Nets trading for Courtney Lee, I think that seals the deal for Terrence Williams in New Jersey.

• Michael Jordan may get his way and get Johnson of Wake Forest ahead of Duke's Gerald Henderson.

• Indiana will likely take Holiday if he falls. If he doesn't, I think it's Ty Lawson in a narrow win over Eric Maynor and Tyler Hansbrough.

• Phoenix? They are a tough read right now but I'm hearing Earl Clark. But B.J. Mullens and Johnson are in the mix. So are Hansbrough and Henderson.

• The Pistons like Earl Clark, Austin Daye and Mullens , but look for them to take Daye.