**Oakland Raiders 2010 offseason Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
It's McClain bruh.... he's blowing it and not only in run defense. Just look at Alex Smith's TD. McClain was supposed to drop back in coverage, but since he didn't drop back far enough, it was about 2 or 3 49ers wide open in the end zone. Alex Smith had about 2 or 3 receivers he could've of thrown that TD too.
Nah, that should be the will or sam LB.

The touchdown was on the safeties and or CB. The play broke down and coverage right along with it. But then again we don't know what defense was called.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Yeah you're right maybe I'm being too tough on McClain. I won't put Alex's TD pass on him but I expect him to play better against the run though.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
the problem I've seen with McClain on run plays is he gets washed out a lot....he can't seem to fight through bloccs the way he needs to be....Im sure its just adjusting to the speed of the game tho cuz it doesnt seem like he's ready for the play to happen as fast as it does...

You can tell he has a nose for the ball tho cuz he's usually around it and that Forte TD against the bears McClain just got too excited and over ran it....When he settles down and adjusts to the NFL game properly he's gonna be a monster

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
It's not a huge let down to have Grad in the game because Grad knows exactly what he can do. He doesnt try to play outside of his limits. But Campbell is a much better QB that can make throws that Grad just can't. Campbell is a more complete player right now so he makes the offense more potentially explosive.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
In all honesty, I really like what I've seen from Gradowski (now that we have a real offensive coordinator). Either way we go we're set at Qb. Grad played pretty good last year before getting injured, and against the 49ers he looked great! Don't get me wrong, Campbell is good and was a great pick up, but it's something about Grad that I like a little more. He gets the offense down the field, and not just with his legs.

I think it's the other way around though, I think Grad came make the throws that Campbell can't. Campbell has a stronger arm but Grad has better touch.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
You gotta remember that about half of Grads time in the game was against the two's and a lot of his yardage was on that one play to Murphy.....I'm not saying Grad isn't a good QB but comparing his ability to Campbells is ludicrous....Grad is definitely an upper level #2 QB and I would feel confident in his ability to win games for us but if they're both healthy I'm starting Jason Campbell over Bruce Gradkowski 10 times out of 10

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
You gotta remember that about half of Grads time in the game was against the two's and a lot of his yardage was on that one play to Murphy.....I'm not saying Grad isn't a good QB but comparing his ability to Campbells is ludicrous....Grad is definitely an upper level #2 QB and I would feel confident in his ability to win games for us but if they're both healthy I'm starting Jason Campbell over Bruce Gradkowski 10 times out of 10
I hear you mayne but Grad came in after Campbell got hurt and I think the Niners still had most of their starters in. That one pass play to Murphy was a perfect/throw read by Grad.... and don't forget that TD pass to Miller. You see how he pumped faked and looked off the safety?

Grad and Murphy have that chemistry, look at that game against the Steelers last year. For some reason they just click.

But comparing Campbell to Grad isn't ludicrous. Grad has a better feel for the pass rush.... on the play that Campbell got hurt, Grad more than likely would have stepped up in the pocket or he would've taken off.

I'm cool with either qb but I like the energy that Grad brings when he's in.

Jul 29, 2002
The Leinart rumor
By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, September 1st, 2010 at 8:39 am in Oakland Raiders.

Should be a link up soon for an online chat today at noon, at which time I’m sure I’ll be asked about the ESPN report linking Arizona quarterback Matt Leinart to the Raiders.

(Here’s the link to the chat . . . )

Here’s what I think:

– Got an e-mail tip from someone saying they knew someone else who said Jason Campbell’s wrist injury was more serious than the Raiders were letting on and the Leinart option was being explored. Too flimsy to write without corroboration. Didn’t get corroboration. (I’ll only mention it now because it was reported somewhere else).

– Campbell was throwing the ball, seemingly without pain, during the media window the very next day, which seemed to indicate the situation wasn’t dire after all.

– Al Davis, at one time, liked Leinart. Someone in the room the day Art Shell was fired says Davis blamed the former coach for taking Michael Huff over Leinart (or more accurately talking Davis into drafting Huff over Leinart).

– Leinart has given no indication _ zero _ that he’s a top-flight NFL quarterback prospect. The Cardinals tried to give him the job in 2008, but he was so awful during a preseason game in Oakland (4-for-12, 3 interceptions) he lost his job. You could say the Raiders were indirectly responsible for putting the Cardinals in the Super Bowl, because Leinart’s replacement was Kurt Warner.

At this point, Leinart looks like a quarterback who was carried to his prospect status as a collegian by a stunningly talented supporting cast at USC. Think Gino Toretta and Ken Dorsey at Miami.

– At no point in his career has Leinart had a game which equaled the one Bruce Gradkowski put together last season in Pittsburgh. He threw for 405 yards once, but it was a loss in which he threw a pair of interceptions.

Gradkowski over Leinart? In a heartbeat. Kyle Boller, too. Maybe even Colt Brennan.

– Jay Glazer, the Fox Sports reporter who works as a mixed martial arts trainer with Leinart, told the Dan Patrick Show (per Profootballtalk.com) Leinart wants to start someplace. He feels he’s “done enough” to be a starter.

So Leinart is apparently delusional as well.

– Leinart is making nearly $2.5 million this year and scheduled to make more than $7 million next year.

Unless Leinart would be willing to take a pay cut, and the Cardinals were willing to accept a Raiders overture something along the lines of, “Hey, we’ve got this Alex Daniels guy you may have heard of” then the dots on this story don’t connect in terms of Leinart being a Raider.

If they did connect, it would be their worst decision since the Javon Walker-DeAngelo Hall-Gibril Wilson spending spree.

AL DAVIS DONT DO IT, STAY AWAY FROM LEINART.......