**Oakland Raiders 2010 offseason Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2005
pre season its just pre season wins dnt matter...it was a good even game..
the raiders are a good team they looked impressive last nite..there on the way up i like their d....there gonna push the chargers for the division and they might win it too...
good luck this season raider nation.

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, August 29th, 2010 at 5:20 pm in Oakland Raiders.

A few highlights from Tom Cable’s conference call:

– Quarterback Jason Campbell has a right wrist injury that is more significant at this point than his stinger. It happened on the series previous to the one in which he was injured. He’s had an MRI and X-rays and Cable said it will be evaluated this week.

– Running back Michael Bush will have a “procdure” on his fractured left thumb but wont’ necessarily miss the opener. Cable said Bush would be “protected” but not with a cast.

– Chaz Schilens’ arthroscopic knee surgery is a “three to six week issue.” Cable said he’d be questionable for the opener, meaning he’s more than likely out.

– Cornerback Chris Johnson and center Samson Satele will practice this week. Both have been been challenged for their starting positions, Johnson by Stanford Routt, Satele by Jared Veldheer.

– Veldheer earned mixed reviews from Cable on his starting debut. He will play both center and tackle this week, an indication Satele is probably still the front-runner.

– Cornerback Joey Thomas (concussion) and defensive tackle Desmond Bryant (elbow) are day to day. Neither Jay Richardson (knee) or Alex Daniels will be ready to play in the next preseason game.

More to come . . .

Jan 18, 2006
Honestly Bruce deserves to start no offense to Campbell but i just like what he provided for the Raiders at the end of the season last year.

Mar 8, 2008
campbell=a big looking soft stiff!,...he didnt even get hit that hard and he was all acting like it wuz season ending!,lol...bruce came in and went for over 200 yards!,..he came in and straight showed them he wants to start,...looks like the raiders are gonna have to make a big desicion,cuz from the looks of it,..bruce didnt seem like he lost a step!,..i say bruce should be out starting q.b.! he moves the ball!
when they put bruce in i told my gf (a niner fan) watch bruce score and sure as shit TD raiders. bruce should be our starter, im not sold on campbell.. he doesnt seem to have that fire bruce has to get every one hyped and ready to move the ball.

Jan 6, 2005
^^^ I like when Niner fans keep it treal.
gotta keep it treal ...we won a pre season game WOW..lol its jus fuckn pre season ..u gotta give respect were its due and the raiders deserve that,they improved alot cables got that team headed in the right direction..people gotta realize they need to give props were its due...

if campbell is out yall still got bruce and hes good enough to lead yall to some victorys.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Is Oakland interested in Bryant or Coles?

By Bill Williamson

It’s been known all summer that the Oakland Raiders should, and probably will, watch the waiver wire for receivers.

Let the looking begin. Two veterans were released Sunday: the Jets cut Laveranues Coles and Cincinnati cut Antonio Bryant.

A veteran wideout could provide depth and leadership for a talented, but young and unproven, receiving corps.

Coles and Bryant are reminders that there will be some interesting players who come available in the next week. Neither, however, may be the right fit for the Raiders. Cole, for one, has indicated that he would retire if the Jets cut him. Bryant has been limited during the offseason while recovering from a knee injury.

If healthy, Bryant could be a dynamic presence in Oakland. Likewise, Denver, Kansas City and San Diego could all be in the market for a receiver so Bryant would also garner a lot of interest around the division and the league.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I think we need to spend time working with what we got.....that's been Al's problem the last few years, thinkin we 1 or 2 players away from the superbowl. Now it looks like he's finally calmed down and will let the coaches build the team with the players they have and see what exactly they need next season, and although I and every other Raider fan wants to see them competing for a superbowl, I think we all realize this is exactly what we need.

Dec 2, 2006
I think we need to spend time working with what we got.....that's been Al's problem the last few years, thinkin we 1 or 2 players away from the superbowl. Now it looks like he's finally calmed down and will let the coaches build the team with the players they have and see what exactly they need next season, and although I and every other Raider fan wants to see them competing for a superbowl, I think we all realize this is exactly what we need.
I think we will be good with what we got too. I would chalk Schillens to the game if he can't play atleast 12 games this year. Even without him, DHB and Murphy should be out wide with McFadden as the #3 reciever in the slot. Mix in Higgins Ford and Miller(not zach). We have an all pro caliber tight end and I think Hue recogonizes it. We need to get our running game going regardless.

Dec 2, 2006
I dont know why it wasn't printed but other reporters are saying Campbell isnt likely to miss opener same with Bush. Im assuming thats if everything goes right with these MRI's/Procedures.
I am more concerned about Bush. Gradkowski has that knack to get it done. He does not have a big arm but gets the ball where it needs to be. If Campbell goes down we still won't skip a beat, and even then Bruce may be our guy before it is all said and done this year. How can you not want play him?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I know it's only pre-season but I don't like what I've been seeing from McClain. These running backs keep busting loose right up the gut and McClain is nowhere to be seen. I'm not saying it's all his fault because it's a team game but our new MLB has to step up. It seems like he lacks that fire and intensity you expect from an MLB.

Dec 2, 2006
I know it's only pre-season but I don't like what I've been seeing from McClain. These running backs keep busting loose right up the gut and McClain is nowhere to be seen. I'm not saying it's all his fault because it's a team game but our new MLB has to step up. It seems like he lacks that fire and intensity you expect from an MLB.
The big runs have been through the D gaps if I am not mistaken. Someone is not getting to their spot on the field. I wouldnt put it on McClain. He needs time to adjust to the speed of the NFL level. He will be fine. He is 21 years old playing a man's game. Give him some time.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Someone is not getting to their spot on the field.
It's McClain bruh.... he's blowing it and not only in run defense. Just look at Alex Smith's TD. McClain was supposed to drop back in coverage, but since he didn't drop back far enough, it was about 2 or 3 49ers wide open in the end zone. Alex Smith had about 2 or 3 receivers he could've of thrown that TD too.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/22206/great-debate-would-raiders-win-nfc-west

Sando: I watched Frank Gore carry twice against the Raiders’ starting defense Saturday night. He gained 58 yards on those runs, and Mike Iupati, the 49ers’ rookie left guard, took out McClain pretty easily on one of those Gore carries. Preseason isn’t much to go on, but Gore probably could have had 150 yards if the 49ers had left him in the game.