Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
I was driving through Santa Clara yesterday when suddenly, my bladder started talking shit... I pulled over, fully aware that I was not about to fork over some money at Great America to use the bathroom... so what did I do? I walked about 50 yards (more like galloped) and proceeded to defecate on the building that Jed York named Levi's Stadium.

Dec 4, 2006
The 49ers were denied permission by the Colts to interview Pep Hamilton.. Looks like Shanahan is the front runner as HC and Fangio as DC again.. But if Shanahan refuses to be the "yes man" type, Fangio might get the HC job..

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Jesus Butch, your better than this.

Uh Alex Smith had a chance and did absolutely nothing against the Giants in 2011

So there goes your troll argument, flying out the window
Kyle williams. Some dudes aren't built for the moment and dude coughed up two returns remember that? Led to ten points. Mediocre crabtree had what, 1 catch for 3 yards? Meanwhile davis was doing great. Goldson could've had 2 picks but he was crashing into teammates. 49ers themselves choked not alex smith, he did enough to win

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
After struggling this past season, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has sought out and will receive tutoring from retired two-time NFL MVP Kurt Warner this offseason, according to a report.

The Sacramento Bee reported Wednesday that Kaepernick will train and study with Warner -- as well as quarterbacks coach Dennis Gile -- with film, board work, drills and mental aspects of the game at EXOS in Phoenix.

Colin Kaepernick
AP Photo/Ryan Kang
49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick will be mentored by Kurt Warner this offseason, according to a report.
"If we can teach him [consistency and efficiency], then I think he becomes one of the most dangerous quarterbacks in the NFL," Gile told the Bee. "Because you can't teach the natural talents that he has."

Kaepernick is scheduled to arrive in Phoenix next week and will train at EXOS until the 49ers' offseason program begins in March, according to the newspaper. Odell Beckham Jr. of the New York Giants and Jarvis Landry of the Miami Dolphins are among the receivers expected to train at EXOS this offseason. Three of Kaepernick's teammates -- receivers Quinton Patton and Bruce Ellington, fullback Bruce Miller -- also are expected to train there, according to the newspaper.

Kaepernick's mechanics came under scrutiny this season as the 49ers' offense struggled to find consistency after moving away from the power-running game that helped them advance to three straight NFC title games.

"There's always things you can tighten up," Kaepernick said in December. "It's hard to break habits in-season. You don't want to completely try to change something because it can throw off everything else you're doing."

Although he threw for a career-high 3,369 yards, Kaepernick's total QBR plummeted to 55.9, ranked 17th in the NFL this season. That's after ranking sixth in 2013 with a 68.6 QBR.

The 49ers' dual-threat quarterback also ran the ball 12 more times this season and racked up 115 more yards rushing than in 2013. His average yards per rush went up from 5.7 in 2013 to 6.1 this season.

He had 19 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season.

Paul Gutierrez of ESPN.com contributed to this report.

Jan 5, 2006
Other news... some assistants leaving with Harbaugh.. the secondary coach and strength and conditioning coach (not much of a loss imo).

We should try and get the strength coach from Stanford, heard he's so good, has an innovative approach and Harbaugh even tried to get him but he chose to stay at Stanford. Definitely need a better secondary and better coach too.

Dec 12, 2006
Other news... some assistants leaving with Harbaugh.. the secondary coach and strength and conditioning coach (not much of a loss imo).

We should try and get the strength coach from Stanford, heard he's so good, has an innovative approach and Harbaugh even tried to get him but he chose to stay at Stanford. Definitely need a better secondary and better coach too.
Trippin, go look at the numbers, top 5 in picks, completion percentage and and yds allowed per game.

Just to make it clear, I wanna keep the coach, Ed Donatello