Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
give him a chance before you all death ride him
unless he is sum idiot savant hidden football guru genius im not seeing it. i got lots of respect for the niners orgnanization and i think you guys have a great team full of talent. but the niners are a machine in need of an expert who knows how to handle it not a novice. imo.
its not proper protocol to hire the subordinate of someone either. i could go on and on.
but at the end of the day they shoulda let harbaugh do what he do.

just my general observation namo.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
unless he is sum idiot savant hidden football guru genius im not seeing it. i got lots of respect for the niners orgnanization and i think you guys have a great team full of talent. but the niners are a machine in need of an expert who knows how to handle it not a novice. imo.
its not proper protocol to hire the subordinate of someone either. i could go on and on.

We should have kept harbaugh.

but I have faith in tomsula. He may not be great in front of the Mic but he has been a leader for these guys for many Years.

It's reported Mike shanahan might be our oc. That would b dope. If tomsula does what Kerr did in gs nobody will be saying shit

Mar 6, 2014

He has the locker room though and he didn't do too bad with an unhealthy D line. People can call Singletary shit if they want, but he is the sole reason for Vernon Davis success..

Maybe he can bring the best out of Kap again.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
My biggest concern is that if they start losing halfway through the season, the dudes that were being chumps this year will just do it again. That was a lot of the divide by the sounds of it last year. There were basically 2 locker rooms. A good coach can solve that, but ego's need to be checked at the door. Seems like everyone likes Tomsula though so that's a good start. Hopefully he admits from the jump that he doesn't know everything, and needs help from everyone so the team can be their best.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002

shouldnt you be somewhere watching missing rings reruns on the nfl network?

Props: Defy and Defy

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Why would these people be good fits? Just asking
The job of resuscitating that group will go to ex-Raiders coach Tony Sparano, who coached tight ends with three different teams from 2001-2004.

Like Mangini, Sparano also has experience as a head coach. He was in charge of the Dolphins from 2008-11. He was named the Jets offensive coordinator in 2012 and the next year joined the Raiders as offensive line coach. When the Raiders began the most recent season 0-4, head coach Dennis Allen was fired and Sparano tapped to run the team. Oakland finished 3-13 with one of the wins coming over the 49ers in Week 14.

Another candidate to join Tomsula's staff, Perry Fewell, also has been a head coach.

Fewell, 52, led the Bills on an interim basis after Dick Jauron was fired in 2009. He was the team's defensive coordinator before that and also served as the Giants defensive coordinator for the last six seasons.

According to NBC4 in Washington, D.C., Fewell will interview with the 49ers, presumably for the position of defensive backs coach, something he did for eight seasons early in his career.

Mangini, meanwhile, has experience with 3-4-style defenses, which is what the 49ers ran under Fangio. However, the two men have different styles.

The 49ers players liked operating under Fangio because the assignments were simple and allowed them to play with abandon. Mangini, meanwhile, hails from the Bill Belichick school of defense that calls for dense, scheme-heavy game plans that vary from week to week.

The 49ers likely will be more aggressive under Mangini than they were Fangio, who seldom blitzed. Instead, he preferred to drop his speedy linebackers into coverage. The 49ers led the NFL in interceptions in 2014 and tied for second in 2011.

The 49ers also are expected to sign former Jets special-teams coach Thomas McGaughey, 41, who worked alongside Tomsula with the Scottish Claymores of NFL Europe in 2002. Tomsula coached the defensive line and McGaughey worked with special teams and defensive backs.

All sound like solid adds to me