Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
i feel you, i never really liked him too. Seems like a good dude but on the field... na
Don't get me wrong, he's a likable guy. I'm sure he's a good dude. He has heart and determination, plus he always gives it his all, but he's just not a very good player. I'm tired of seeing mediocre players on the field. Championship teams don't insert mediocre players into the game. We're trying to be a championship team, so we need to have a higher standard of talent than we do. Michael Robinson simply does not cut it.

Apr 25, 2002
Kory Sheets>>>Coffee>>>>Robinson
I can agree with that. Kory Sheets just needs to up his blocking skills and blitz recognition/pick-up and he'll be a good back. That's why he's on the practice squad.

Coffee has shown decent blocking and blitz pick-up skills, but he's just Frank Gore without the vision, agility and receiving skills. He isn't a "change of pace" back like they said they wanted.

Michael Robinson is a pretty good blocker, but his blitz pick-up needs work. Once he gets the block, he can sustain it, though. He's not bad out of the back field, but whenever he makes a catch he's wide open so it's not like he's making spectacular plays. He slips out of the backfield when the defense is focusing on the deeper pass. When it comes to running the football, however, he sucks ass. He lacks vision, speed, agility, he doesn't set up his blockers, doesn't know how to hit the hole once he's found it and despite knocking Brian Dawkins out a few years ago, he doesn't run with the power people think he has - he's not hard to tackle.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
ur view of "talent" is skewed.

kory sheets might be faster and more explosive as a ball carrier but we dont need 3 ball carriers. we need guys to do the dirty work. sheets has no awareness or protection skills.

robinson while he isnt an explosive runner, he is more complete and can do a wide variety of things.

special teams does matter, this isnt madden.

May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
ROBINSON IS A VERSATILE PLAYER, I THINK THEY SHOULD USE HIM OUT OF THE BACKFILED MORE ON SWING PASSES ALSO MAYBE PUT HIM IN A COUPLE OF TIGHT END SETS, THIS DUDE HAD THOUSAND YARD RECEIVING IN COLLEGE ONE YEAR SO HE CAN CATCH THE BALL THEY JUST GOTTA FIND BETTER WAYS TO USE HIM

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
we use him fine now. people are talking like he should be the first or second option for some reason out of nowhere. did somebody draft him on a fantasy team or what?

why have we been talking about our 3rd hb on the depth chart for 2 pages anyways?

somebody has an issue with having a bench apparently

Apr 10, 2006
true, but im just sayin he is a new head coach that proved he has the talent to lead a team. For him to make it as NFC head coach is a lot respect from around the league. I watch a lot of NFL network and each time the 49ers are brought up all the analysts make positive comments about singletary. The man earned his respect from his players and fans

Apr 25, 2002
special teams does matter, this isnt madden.
I never said it didn't matter, what I said was special teams aces come a dime a dozen. Robinson can easily be replaced. He's like a jack of all trades, master of none. We don't need tweeners who can do "a variety of things," we need players who excel at their position.

And you say we don't need 3 runners.. Look at our current situation. Gore is hurt, Coffee will be spelled by Robinson, who is awful at running the football. So, despite what you think, we DO need three runners at times like this.