My reaction to Broncos drafting tebow

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
god fucking damn it, why talk shit when you dont know what youre talking about. we probably still have more day 2 picks then yo uguys.

just looked we both have 3 but you think we have none, hahahaha
i also didnt realize u guys had so many other picks...u had enough to trade i guess.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/22/broncos-trade-up-take-tebow-at-no-25/

The Broncos, one of the teams that Tebow visited before the draft, sent second-round (43rd overall), third-round (70th overall) and fourth-round (114th overall) picks to the Ravens to acquire a second first-round selection. The Broncos took Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas with the No. 22 pick

still a helluva joke to trade that much away to get him.

So all you Tebow defenders...put aside the fact that we dont know if hes gonna be good or not..

Was he really worth a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick....I think not.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
McClain sucks, he's going to be garbage. Ask yourself this.... is he really better than Morrison? He's not no Ray Lewis/Patrick Willis so it's going to be a waste.

The Raiders problems is that they can't score points.
Tony...You havent even given him a chance...You dont know shit about what mcclain will or wont do....We dont know if hes better than morrison yet......Of course he aint patrick Willis or RAY LEWIS who is a hall of famer.....He hasnt played a single NFL down yet...

May 6, 2007
Theyre gonna feel dumb 4 not draftin dez bryant sumday & tebos gonna suck.
they didnt get bryant beacuse he is the same attitude as marshal who they just got rid off. Thomas is a great pick for the broncos imo. and the tebow pick, i was mad when i first saw it but im thinking it could work out in the long run, tebow has a lot of work ahead of him and everyone who says its a bad pick, we have no way of knowing if its a bad pick until down the line

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
LOL Tebow going to be garbage he a good talker, obama type of fake, shitty release and mechanics, He will never play in the caliber as Steve Young the best left handed QB ever.

Did you see that interview with Gruden he had? hahahahaha he couldn't answer shit but kept saying he going to try his best and blah blah blah. He don't understand the game as well as the other QB's. He would of been there in the 2nd round, Josh Mcdaniels is a shit coach wants everybody to kiss his ass or they're out.

Apr 23, 2010
LOL Tebow going to be garbage he a good talker, obama type of fake, shitty release and mechanics, He will never play in the caliber as Steve Young the best left handed QB ever.

Did you see that interview with Gruden he had? hahahahaha he couldn't answer shit but kept saying he going to try his best and blah blah blah. He don't understand the game as well as the other QB's. He would of been there in the 2nd round, Josh Mcdaniels is a shit coach wants everybody to kiss his ass or they're out.
lol you right. tebow is a great person but a shitty QB. he did good in college but the pros and college are 2 diffrent games. tebow cant handle NFL speed.

if denver picked him up later and ended up turning him into a fullback or TE than ok but to take him so high in the draft is a big mistake.

denvers coaches wont be there for long

Dec 4, 2006
I don't know though...I got a feeling Tebow might turn into a good QB ....can't doubt the kid though...

I'm sure the donkeys picked him for a trade or something.....but who knows..

oh yeah...I "LOL'd" pretty hard when i heard the donkeys drafted him tho lol

Apr 23, 2010
Examining Jon Gruden's Unhealthy Obsession With Tim Tebow

Jon Gruden has only been out of football for a month, technically, but he's already having trouble adjusting. Case in point: This rather remarkable interview he did with the Sun-Sentinel on Sunday.

Gruden starts off by describing how he misses the game (it's only been four weeks!), hints that his next job might be in the college ranks, then goes kind of fanboy on the subject of Tebow:

"No question. The hard part is, you have to isolate the option. That's why Tim Tebow is so interesting to me. He's like Brandon Jacobs playing quarterback. He's 250 pounds. He's the strongest human being who's ever played the position. Ever. He will kick the living [expletive] out of a defensive lineman. He'll fight anybody. He is rare. Tebow is the kind of guy who could revolutionize the game. He's the 'wildcat' who can throw. Most of the teams that have the wildcat back there, it's Ronnie Brown, it's Jerious Norwood, it's whoever you want to say it is. This guy here is 250 pounds of concrete cyanide, man. And he can throw. He throws well enough at any level to play quarterback."

But Gruden wasn't done.

When he was a high school senior, they played Armwood in the state championship game. I have tape. He has an 80-yard touchdown run that put them in the lead. When it flipped around, and Armwood had the ball, what position do you think Tebow was playing? He was playing nose guard - and he disrupted about 10 plays. This guy is totally different. He's got Rich Gannon, Drew Brees, that kind of makeup as a team guy. What he said after the Ole Miss game, I said, 'That's my favorite football player I've ever seen in my whole life.' I said, 'I want Florida to win every game that kid plays from now on.'"

Jun 1, 2002
its a fact that mcclain could have been had at least 4 or 5 picks later...you guys should have traded down paid less and got another pick or 2....not my fault your team doesnt understand that, thats not really bad mouthing at all its fact.

THIS WHOLE ARGUMENT IS INVALID AND I'LL TELL YOU WHY, SCARY- THE BRONCOS WERE GOING TO DRAFT MCCLAIN!! YALL COVETED HIM, AND IT WAS WIDELY KNOWN IN LEAGUE CIRCLES.

IF WE WOULD HAVE TRADED DOWN AND WAITED, EITHER DENVER OR ANOTHER TEAM WOULD'VE SNAPPED HIM UP. PERIOD. HE WAS THE BEST MLB AVAILABLE.

HE'S GOING TO SMASH YOUR RB'S FOR YEARS TO COME!!!

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
I'm just saying... it's not a fact... if it was a fact you would have a point

McClain was speculated to go in the first round... I dunno for sure... but I think he was SPECULATED to go around 15

that's not a HUGE stretch

if that's the players the Raiders wanted... why risk trading down a few spots... just get him when you can

now someone like DHB... that was a huge stretch

from what I've seen and heard from everyone and in the media... they all say it was a good pick... and nobody is talking about how it was a stretch at number 8... only people I've seen say that are Chree and you, lol

no pick is gonna be perfect... there's plenty of times when a team could say... maaaybe we could get him a little later... but again, why risk it... unless it is a FACT (which it's not)

just for the record... I usually respect your opinions on here, and I don't think your hating on us for no reason... but I'm gonna disagree here

I'll be the first to bash my team for making the wrong move... but in this case I think it was the right move... I was hoping for McClain... only other available player I would have wanted us to get would be Anthony Davis
mbine because he wasn't familiar with the receivers. Ouch, guys.

Biggest Reaches

Alabama OLB Rolando McClain(notes): It's not so much that McClain isn't worth a top 10 pick, but in going eighth overall to the Raiders, Oakland gets a 3-4 inside guy and jettisons Kirk Morrison, breaking even in the end.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...st-and-worst-of-the-2010-draft?urn=nfl,236463

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
ive spent the last couple hours breaking down the draft in the AFC west......upon further review(and im gonna sound like a hater on this) ive decided the Raiders draft was nothing special...now, if you compare it to previous drafts then this years is outstanding! But if you look at the big picture, id say its worthy of a c grade...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
ive spent the last couple hours breaking down the draft in the AFC west......upon further review(and im gonna sound like a hater on this) ive decided the Raiders draft was nothing special...now, if you compare it to previous drafts then this years is outstanding! But if you look at the big picture, id say its worthy of a c grade...
Oakland Raiders: A

Many have tried to downplay the extraordinary change in Draft direction by the Raiders this year.

At the top of the draft, the Raiders took arguably the most NFL-ready defensive player in linebacker Rolando McClain from Alabama. The ridiculous criticism has been that the Raiders could have traded down, which is absurd, because the Broncos were only a few spots behind.

When the top linemen all went in the top six, the Raiders did the sensible thing a took a field general for a defense that has been terrible against the run. In the second round, the Raiders stuck to a direction by adding defensive-linman Lamarr Houston from Texas.

The Raiders also filled a need by taking coveted cover-corner Walter McFadden from Auburn in the fifth, and a linebacker that could shore-up kick and punt coverage with Travis Goethel from ASU in the sixth.

Special teams is an important area to address, with the AFC West featuring Darren Sproles in San Diego and now Dexter McCluster and Javier Arenas in Kansas City.

Offensively, the Raiders would also add two raw talents for the offensive line in Jared Veldheer and none other than Bruce Campbell. Wideout Jacoby Ford is an indication that Al Davis is still calling the shots in Oakland.

I had my reservations about this pick, but the Raiders did have injury troubles in 2009 that sidelined Chaz Schilens and Johnnie Lee Higgins for much of the season. Ford is a more durable receiver with speed that could make him dangerous at returning kicks and punts.
^ just an outside opinion, from bleacherreport.com... and I agree... the biggest flaw in our draft is that the 2 offensive linemen are questionable about how NFL ready they are... other than that, I love it... we addressed basically every need in some way... I'd go A- or B honestly

here's more...

Oakland (Day 1: A; Day 2: A): Basically went five-for-five to start: LB Rolando McClain, DT Lamarr Houston, OT Jared Veldheer, OT Bruce Campbell (No. 106!) and WR Jacoby Ford (No. 108). Went all Raiders with their final four picks, taking athletes over need. Final Grade: A-
Oakland: Owner Al Davis lit a bonfire under JaMarcus Russell with the acquisition of Redskins QB Jason Campbell for a 2012 fourth-round pick. Campbell is a deep-ball thrower that Davis has always loved. Russell is due over $9 million this season and I can see the Raiders asking him to take a $7 million pay reduction; if they release him, who would take him? Davis finally went against his size and speed measurements and simply took a quality football player in MLB Rolando McClain, the defensive leader of Alabama's national championship team. Lamarr Houston was a high school running back who ballooned into a very good defensive tackle at Texas. He should be a great one-gap penetrator. Finally, the Raiders took Maryland OT Bruce Campbell, the athletic phenom (4.84 for 314-pounder) at the Combine, who simply needs to listen to head coach Tom Cable to learn how to play a little tougher and stronger. Campbell had a low second-round grade, so it was a great selection. Clemson WR Jacoby Ford has 4.28 speed and should be a playmaker. To get Ford, Davis traded starting MLB Kirk Morrison to the Jaguars, opening up the position for McClain. Grade: A+
every grade I've seen for us is an A

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
^ just an outside opinion, from bleacherreport.com... and I agree... the biggest flaw in our draft is that the 2 offensive linemen are questionable about how NFL ready they are... other than that, I love it... we addressed basically every need in some way... I'd go A- or B honestly

here's more...

every grade I've seen for us is an A
oh i know, im not denying that, ive seen b and b- too.....im talking about me! ive been breaking it down and giving teams my own grades. granted i dont know what the "experts" know but i thought it would be fun if the siccness fans did their own grading.........

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
^ I feel you, it's all good folks

at the end of the day grading drafts is dumb though... because we don't know how the players will turn out... really we should grade the drafts in 2-3 years... but it's fun to give out grades

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
^ I feel you, it's all good folks

at the end of the day grading drafts is dumb though... because we don't know how the players will turn out... really we should grade the drafts in 2-3 years... but it's fun to give out grades