Military Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
I have asthma, so I'm pretty sure that disqualifies me from serving any kind of active duty. Had Army recruiters comin' at me tough when I was in high school. I did register for Selective Service though.

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
I need to get a better job and I'm feeling old at almost 23. I'm going for Gov't next job. If not, maybe SD G&E or COX. I don't fucking know.

Luckily I have a AS degree in Criminal Justice that I got last summer, but I really don't fucking know what to do with it. Super easy degree to get at SouthWestern college, but better than HS diploma atleast. lol
my brother is a co out here at donovan. he is your age making nice bread. He just got transferred though, got caught up this economic bullshit....why dont you go out for customs or bp if youre looking for govt?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
customs is hella hiring.

but theres a background check like a mutha fucka if you aint security cleared

shit takes like 6 months of sending paperwork and waiting on it back

i was gonna try to work for immigration but they pulled up old ass charges and asked me to write a 3 page letter on why i lied...and i was like man fuck this stupid ass shit lol

talkin about im under perjury if i lie

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
customs is hella hiring.

but theres a background check like a mutha fucka if you aint security cleared

shit takes like 6 months of sending paperwork and waiting on it back

i was gonna try to work for immigration but they pulled up old ass charges and asked me to write a 3 page letter on why i lied...and i was like man fuck this stupid ass shit lol

talkin about im under perjury if i lie
yeah man, im bout to do that immigration thing...process took about 7 mths total. backround check was no joke, i aint even gonna get into it...shit was ridiculous. im heading out to new mexico on april 6th and will be training out there for 10weeks.....shit gots me hella anxious/nervous being out there so long without my fam. but fuck it thats why im doing it.

Jul 24, 2005
my advice.. check out all branches, find out what you want to do in the military, and if it might benefit you in the civilian world when you get out

Gas One

May 24, 2006
yeah man, im bout to do that immigration thing...process took about 7 mths total. backround check was no joke, i aint even gonna get into it...shit was ridiculous. im heading out to new mexico on april 6th and will be training out there for 10weeks.....shit gots me hella anxious/nervous being out there so long without my fam. but fuck it thats why im doing it.
yeah, supposedly arent they able to ship you anywhere where immigration is needed? (arizona, texas, new mexico) ? i remember my coworker was hella worried about that when it came to his family and said that while you can request a certain place, they can kinda pull some 'take it or leave it' shit with you

hes happy with the job but carrying all that shit in hot ass desert weather has to suck..

Gas One

May 24, 2006
homeland security would be a dope job but the training is fucking crazy knowing my ass i would probably get bribbed into some shit and end up in prison the rest of my life.
someone my mom knows go caught accepting bribes...they gave her like 11 years or somethin crazy

was all over the news when it happened

when i was applying my boy was like 'do you think youll still be able to smoke weed?' lol i was like hell yeah i better

they hire a p.i. to do work on you, my homeboy got a picture of himself smoking a blunt in front of his house sent to his mail over some other shit lol

too this day i still get background checked, if i even get in a car accident i gotta fill out hella paperwork

mutha fuckas mailed letters to all my friends and referernces, everything..im glad i dont have slacker friends lol

i woulda loved that job but the background was hella tough. id prolly pass it now.

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
yeah, supposedly arent they able to ship you anywhere where immigration is needed? (arizona, texas, new mexico) ? i remember my coworker was hella worried about that when it came to his family and said that while you can request a certain place, they can kinda pull some 'take it or leave it' shit with you

hes happy with the job but carrying all that shit in hot ass desert weather has to suck..
not no more dawg...i guess since they need all kinds of people they got this no involuntary relocation. i requested california....they already offered me a position in the san diego sector...they give you three choices. basically you can say no twice but i heard that if you do they pretty much blackball you and put you on the back burner...im trying to get in and do two years at that point i can transfer to any government agency.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
when you go to court, the technicalities of a crime are factored in.

churches being a place of worship and assumed safety, im guessing you have alot more chance of a maximum sentence.

but thats only assuming the crime that takes place on the street, isnt as coldhearted as going into church and popping someone while people are praying to god

judges definitely do have some leniency in judging your moral character before laying the law down

Jun 3, 2006
i tried to join, scored hella high on the asvab?, was about to do the physical and sign, and i got a felony when i was like 12 or 13 years old and they said sorry no go

Oct 3, 2006
i tried to join, scored hella high on the asvab?, was about to do the physical and sign, and i got a felony when i was like 12 or 13 years old and they said sorry no go
which branch.? cause i the marine corps can pretty much give u a waiver for almost anything except for murder