Military Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 3, 2006
I JUST GOT OUT OF 4 YEARS IN THE MARINES THIS PAST AUG/SEPT....I WAS IN OKINAWA JAPAN FOR 2 YEARS THEN 29PALMS,CA FOR MY LAST YEAR AND A HALF....GOOD EXPERIENCE ..MEET ALOTTA COO ASS PEOPLE THAT I STILL KEEP IN TOUCH WITH

Apr 25, 2002
I JUST GOT OUT OF 4 YEARS IN THE MARINES THIS PAST AUG/SEPT....I WAS IN OKINAWA JAPAN FOR 2 YEARS THEN 29PALMS,CA FOR MY LAST YEAR AND A HALF....GOOD EXPERIENCE ..MEET ALOTTA COO ASS PEOPLE THAT I STILL KEEP IN TOUCH WITH
Lived in 29 palms for a couple years with my sister. Shit is in the middle of no where. Its a strange but chill place, the drive-in theater is off the hook.

Sep 17, 2007
I tried joining the Marines on 2 different occasions, the first time everything was legit, they was ready to send me out, this was 3 months before 9/11 happened. I held off cuz my homie only had 3 months of probation left and we was gonna join together. After that i was like fuck that shit. i had a change of heart about the military and tried to go again a few years later. but for some reason they didn't want me. Talkin bout "What you running from? are you in a gang? can you do a cover up on certain tattz?" so again i was like fuck this shit.

If i had the chance to go right right now, i would do it in a heart beat....Fuck the reason of war. fuck who its with. There shit out there you can get away with that you can't do out here. Fuck this rap shit, fuck obama. Lock and Load and peel caps back.

I love my country. but im a sick individual at times. I feel i would be put to good use.

But my brother is stationed in San Diego (Marines) right now, do hella training, learning arabic. He's itching to go to afghanistan. he wants to go career.

Apr 26, 2006
Soooooooo now that you guys are out, what are you guys doing now?

Law Enforcement is the only thing I can think of because of the experience you gain from being in the militar. You guys Correctional Officers, Parole/Probation Officers, Border Patrol, ICE,... or what?

PIGS!

j/k

Apr 26, 2006
But my brother is stationed in San Diego right now, do hella training, learning arabic. He's itching to go to afghanistan

And he's itching to be a COP right when he gets out?

haha j/k

On the real though, my homie's brother did security for a while when he got done with his 4 years in the Army (stationed out in Alaska) and now he's making good bread (about 60K) working as a Correctional Officer down here in SD. I guess it helped him because he really ain't the brightest of dudes, he's got common sense knowledge, but ain't book smart and hes an alcoholic.

Apr 25, 2002
i was wathcin' some shit on the news and they said they payin' 4 years of college for everyone who's gettin' out of the military.. plus monthly expenses.. almost 40G's a year for everybody.

Oct 3, 2006
Soooooooo now that you guys are out, what are you guys doing now?

Law Enforcement is the only thing I can think of because of the experience you gain from being in the militar. You guys Correctional Officers, Parole/Probation Officers, Border Patrol, ICE,... or what?

PIGS!

j/k
lol naw it doesnt needa be like that...i was a warehouse worker in the militay (sending shit out to diff. units, recieving diff gear etc) and now, im well what do u guess ..a warehouse worker this time for an ac company which is alot chill..i get paid bout 100 dollars less but the freedom and doin whatever the fuck i want is worth it...

and as for that college shit for 4 years yeah thats the gi bill which im usin right now its pretty sick im only takin 2 classes and gettin paid 660 everymonth lol...the 2 classes were only 158 bucks for both so yeah its coo...thew new gi bill comin in august is alot better from what i heard as the government is gonna be payin u extra for housing...

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
On the real though, my homie's brother did security for a while when he got done with his 4 years in the Army (stationed out in Alaska) and now he's making good bread (about 60K) working as a Correctional Officer down here in SD. I guess it helped him because he really ain't the brightest of dudes, he's got common sense knowledge, but ain't book smart and hes an alcoholic.

Thing is with that shit is you can be a civilian and get in the door other ways. For instance i work for the air force, which is working w nasa

the more you do stuff like that the better your chances are of grabbing govt jobs (i think its because you understand some of the lingo/julian date calenders/zulu time etc etc etc)

after working for homeland security back in early 2000's ive been in the door ever since, but i got lucky and was hooked up with that job..

Oct 3, 2006
lol julian date..i remember that shit first got me confused as a muthafucca ....but hey is it true what they say bout them air force hoes that they the best lookin ones? most of the marine chicks are nothin but fat redneck hoars...well except for a few

Mar 13, 2003
well when i was about to graduate from H.S. i was going to enlist to the Marines, cuz i didnt know what i wanted to do, and i didnt feel college was for me. My brother was in the Military and when he heard that i was going to enlist he strongly discouraged me from doing it! Told me something that "the military isnt for us, man"...So i took his words of discouragment and never saw the recruit that i was to go see............Folks kept buggin for hella day's tho!

(sad part is the military helped get my bro a great job with great pay........and well i wasnt so fortunate! :ermm:)

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
lol julian date..i remember that shit first got me confused as a muthafucca ....but hey is it true what they say bout them air force hoes that they the best lookin ones? most of the marine chicks are nothin but fat redneck hoars...well except for a few
i work with old people. engineers and my new coworker looks like a 12 year old asian boy with a 60 year olds voice. cant call it.

What did you do for Homeland? TSA?

Or is it "classified." haha
nah actually, i graded TSA's screener tests and passed/failed them (theyre dumb as fuck.) during 9/11, if you remember bush gave out hella millions of dollars for airport security after 911 and my job was one of the good sides about that.. and driving around lindbergh field collecting documents...nothing too special but it paid hella well, 19 bones and i was still in community college

i woulda kept the job but every 6-9 weeks you gotta go to a new city and stay in a hotel....i was still in college so i passed on moving to arizona for 9 weeks

Apr 26, 2006
I need to get a better job and I'm feeling old at almost 23. I'm going for Gov't next job. If not, maybe SD G&E or COX. I don't fucking know.

Luckily I have a AS degree in Criminal Justice that I got last summer, but I really don't fucking know what to do with it. Super easy degree to get at SouthWestern college, but better than HS diploma atleast. lol