Merged Thread: Da Raidahs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 6, 2002
oakland did get they ass spanked to nite, preseason or no preseason...

in an interview, one of the players are saying the team waswilling to do whatever it takes to get to the super bowl for a cahnce to win it all, but the way i saw them play tonite, they gonna be watching the super bowl at the house in oakland next january if they keep playing like they did tonite.

does anyone know how to pronouce that soman dudes name that qb'd??? its like "tuna-tossin" or some shit...???

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
Fight club: Romanowski sends Raider to hospital

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Oakland Raiders linebacker Bill Romanowski was suspended from Monday's practice and fined an undisclosed amount after punching and seriously injuring teammate Marcus Williams during a fight in practice a day earlier.

Williams' left orbital bone was broken and his nose was injured, according to coach Bill Callahan.

Williams, who was a 14-game backup last year, will be sidelined four-to-six weeks, which puts the Raiders in position of reaching an injury settlement with him, ESPN's John Clayton reports. Williams is scheduled to make a base salary of $300,000.

Though Williams reportedly called Alameda police after the incident, no criminal charges have been filed over the scuffle, which occurred during a practice drill. Callahan doesn't expect charges to be pressed.

"It doesn't matter who it is,'' Callahan said. "When it gets to that severity, I'm going to level a discipline. It goes beyond the game. Once it's beyond the respect and dignity of a player, it's a tragedy.''

Williams underwent several tests at a local hospital before being released Sunday night. His agent, Lee Kalligian, didn't immediately return several phone calls from The Associated Press.

Callahan met with Romanowski on Monday night after practice. Romanowski didn't speak with reporters as he drove up to the team's training complex.

Romanowski is entering his 16th NFL season and second with the Raiders, who signed him as a free agent before their run to the AFC championship last fall. He has appeared in five Super Bowls and played in 240 consecutive regular-season games.

He was second on the team in tackles last year while helping Oakland's defense improve to fourth overall against the run.

But Romanowski has a long history of violent scrapes with opponents and others. One of his more well-publicized incidents came in December 1997, when he spit in the face of San Francisco 49ers receiver J.J. Stokes while playing for the Denver Broncos in a nationally televised game.

Romanowski was fined $7,500 by the NFL -- one of several fines for his behavior during his career.

Williams is in his second year with Oakland after playing in 13 games as an undrafted free agent last season. He played primarily on special teams last season, but was trying to earn a more regular position this year.

"I talked about fighting on the first day of training camp,'' Callahan said. "It's an intolerable offense. I think everybody understands how I feel. I'm really disappointed. It was really an unfortunate incident that kind of took the edge off practice.''

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Oakland Raiders Awarded $34 Million in Lawsuit

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A jury has awarded the Oakland Raiders and owner Al Davis $34 million in a suit against the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, finding the team was misled about the financial potential of relocating from Los Angeles eight years ago.

However, the award was just a fraction of the $833 million the team had sought in its lawsuit, after a finding that stadium officials probably had not intentionally misled the team, a clerk of the Sacramento County Superior Court said on Tuesday.

Neither the Raiders, nor Oakland Coliseum officials were immediately available for comment.

The case dates back to 1995, when Davis began looking to move his team from southern California, where its revenues were shrinking after its stadium near downtown Los Angeles was damaged by an earthquake.
Davis said Oakland Coliseum officials made verbal promises to deliver sold-out stadiums, which never materialized after the team moved.

The Raiders brought the lawsuit against the Coliseum, its chief negotiator Ed DeSilva, and the now-defunct Arthur Andersen accounting firm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I think this is pitiful....
How can Al Davis sue the county for his team's failure?
You want people to go see your team?
Give them a reason....

Just look at what's going on now, people are finally buying tickets now that the team is winning....