Mass Effect 2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2005
@ STICK and JAKE, how did you redeem the codes? From what I understand the instructions on the cards are FLAWED/INCORRECT, so if you guys could tell me how you did it I'd appreciate it. I already have the stuff I snatched when MS posted it online, but I haven't snatched the Normady crash site, and terminus armor (which my preorder was for.) Anyway, the game is good so far, feels better than the first, but I don't like how you can't take the helmets off of the preordered armor sets.
You probably already figured it out by now, but I'll respond anyway.

Yeah the process is fuckin' harder than and more confusing than it should be.

Just make sure you're registered on the EA/Bioware/ME website or whatever with the same email you used for your gamertag. It links them together, then you go to masseffect.com and redeem the codes there. The little download link that pops up is for PC users only. Once you pop the disc in, just click on the Downloadable Content section and everything there for which you redeemed a code should be listed as free.

I'm about five and a half hours in and this game is fuckin' awesome. The first game is my favorite single player game, and so far, this is better in every single way.

Jun 11, 2004
This game is dope. Seems they fixed everything from the first one. There is a lot of talking but that's mass effect. It's like half big budget movie half sick video game. It's cool tho I just sit back and watch and take bongloads between the shooting parts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
You probably already figured it out by now, but I'll respond anyway.

Yeah the process is fuckin' harder than and more confusing than it should be.

Just make sure you're registered on the EA/Bioware/ME website or whatever with the same email you used for your gamertag. It links them together, then you go to masseffect.com and redeem the codes there. The little download link that pops up is for PC users only. Once you pop the disc in, just click on the Downloadable Content section and everything there for which you redeemed a code should be listed as free.

I'm about five and a half hours in and this game is fuckin' awesome. The first game is my favorite single player game, and so far, this is better in every single way.
Nah I haven't figured it out yet. I was waiting for the Zaeed DLC to get sorted out and waiting for you guys to respond before I did it. So just make an account with the same email that was used with my gamertag, connect to live, put the disc in and download the loot?

Aug 7, 2003
i got the upgrade to make it scan faster and its still wack. i wish there was a upgrade to hit X and you get all the shit from it. and all the weapons have the same stats. also weak.

Jun 24, 2005
Nah I haven't figured it out yet. I was waiting for the Zaeed DLC to get sorted out and waiting for you guys to respond before I did it. So just make an account with the same email that was used with my gamertag, connect to live, put the disc in and download the loot?
Yeah, and you just redeem the codes on masseffect.com. Once you're signed in there, there's a little tab for redeeming codes. Once they're redeemed on the website, they'll all show up as free in your Downloadable Content game menu.

Aug 7, 2003
fuckin bitch. im at this part where you go to a alien colony lookin shit. you get to pick another weapon up for you to use so thats cool but i played this part and died and i had to start over about 3 mins of walking on that shit. then i finally beat the part where i died and had to restart the whole mission and i get pretty far and a big flying beetle looking thing, you fight one on horizon, comes out and that shit fucking kills me. and guess what? you gotta start the whole mission over. what a crock of shit! i gotta go thru like 10 mins again of shit. every other level/mission have multiple checkpoints but not this one. wtf!

Aug 7, 2003
you get the faster scanner by talking to miranda in the ship. shes on the 3rd floor. i also found on a message board for the game to scan faster is to scan vertically and use the lines as a reference to see where you at. but to get it to scan faster hold the left joystick right and hold the right joystick right as well and it makes the planet spin faster, making you scan faster.

Jun 24, 2005
^^^You can also click the trigger repeatedly and when you see a spike on the meter then you hold the trigger to find the sweet spot. That makes it go quite a bit quicker.

This game is amazing. I was playing through Dragon Age before this, haven't really put a dent in it, but the story just didn't suck me in like Mass Effect 2 has.

Also, the lack of back and forth convo dialogue hurts DA:O. I try to exhaust every single conversation I have in ME2, whereas in DA:O I was just tryin' to get through quickly.

May 27, 2009
Also, the lack of back and forth convo dialogue hurts DA:O. I try to exhaust every single conversation I have in ME2, whereas in DA:O I was just tryin' to get through quickly.
Yeah, normally I just try to advance the quest/story line in games. ME2's got me doing all the conversation options.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
you get the faster scanner by talking to miranda in the ship. shes on the 3rd floor. i also found on a message board for the game to scan faster is to scan vertically and use the lines as a reference to see where you at. but to get it to scan faster hold the left joystick right and hold the right joystick right as well and it makes the planet spin faster, making you scan faster.
Thats exactly what I did when I first started scanning.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
I'm tired of scanning now. It fucking blows. I'm gonna use a guide now to find all the planets with anomalies so i can do those missions and then continue with the story.

Aug 7, 2003
Im at the last 2 missions the find the iff scanner then after that i heard you go to the omega 4 relay, and thats where you cant go back and do anything else. Im tryin to upgrade all my weapons and shit before I go to the last mission. I need more cash and experience points. if you find a list of where the anonmalies are post up a link