Mars Retiring this summer??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2010
Idk If You Guys Know But Mars Said On Twitter Hes Plannin on Retiring this Summer to Take Care of His Fam
Hey Cant Blame him Fam comes 1st
Much Love and Respect With your Desicison Mars

Jan 1, 2005
www.NumexEnt.com
Much love Mars, if this is true I wish you and the fam the very best! I know what its like raising kids, you got to put alot on hold and forget some things, but its all worth it to spend time with them and be with them everyday and night. So like I said if this is true, best of wishes buddy!

May 31, 2006
at the end of the day, family is what it comes down to. and if you dont have a much of a fam, make some damn good friends.

that just sounded like a Jerry Springer final thought

Oct 9, 2008
Wouldn't blame him! I'm sittin on an album right now (Ft. MARS) and many others but the indie rap game has taken such a shit as of late you just gotta get your priority's straight! It's rough making a living off of music right now unless you on mtv/radio daily!

Oct 9, 2008
Nah..lol but on the real i'm kinda in the same spot! I've been doing this shit since 98 and there was always a good possibility of making some serious doe! Now with all the technology its hard to sell your shit when everyone can just download it for free off the internet! You gotta change all your marketing and make money off of merc./touring! Unless you got the backing of major promo be it tv or radio its hard to get that type of following! Indie rappers who were selling 50,000 every release and seeing at least $5 off every copy profit are now lucky to do 4 to 5,000 units! Muthafuckas is starving right now! I'm not saying thats the situation with MARS cuz i honestly don't know but its affected my personal views on the industry in general! Sometimes dope money and a 9-5 don't sound to bad! Just sayin tho!

May 12, 2010
Yeah. He also said this on his FaceBook.

"The rumors are true. I will be retiring this summer to focus on the true love of my life. My family. I've done everything there is to do with music in under a decade but I am just starting to become a man. The Zodiac Mixtape is STILL coming soon. I will be touring for the last time on the "Gospel Of The Grave" tour. I trust the mark I left in horrorcore will last forever through my hustle dedication and music."

I respect his decision. Maybe he'll pull a Jay-Z and come back one day. Who knows...

Mars

Serial Killer / Rapist
Sep 14, 2002
Pittsburg, CA
www.madinsanity.com
The realness of it all is I been doing Mars so much for so long that I put it before everything. I put it before Mario. I put it before family and my son and my girl and everything. I accomplished a lot in music and I'm proud, but at the end of the day it just doesn't mean shit. Only to me. I just got to the point where I can keep going on my path of success in music and lose real shit that matters, or leave a world that doesn't exist and keep the one that does. I'm making a lot of changes in my life to be a better person to everyone around me and this is just one thing that I feel that I need to do. Family comes first. I got nothing to lose and everything to gain. If I put all the energy that I did into my music, into my family then to me the feeling of success would be much greater of a reward. It aint about money, or struggle, or lack of a deal or the current state of the industry. I have or had all that and can deal with that. It's about Mario. Mars fucks up everything for Mario sometimes. Gotta make a change and be proud I've reached my goals in music and keep it movin. I appreciate everyones support. This ain't the end of me making music. Its just the end of me doing it for a career, where theres no days off. Where theres no check out time. No vacations. I need that time for my family. This is just grown man shit.