Man did E-40 go platinum yet?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
thats interesting because the last time i heard chuy he didnt play SHIT! Last time i heard Big Von I heard Timin, Richie Rich, E-40-Rep Your City, and the majority of the shit he played was rap. I know they are in different time slots, but if Big Von can do that shit there is no reason Chuey can't.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
DJ Mark 7 said:
Man they played the SHIT outta "automatic" on both stations...I dunno when you listened lol...

And to other homie, u act like EVERY fuckin group from the East Coast goes platinum...It ain't the case dogg...
You don't understand the point of this post obviously. My point is when an artist drops a dope album with a tight single getting major radio play they usually at least go gold right? Look at Cam'ron he dropped some wack singles and Nas even said his album was wack and he still goes platinum (I think). Look at P-Diddy! He can't rhyme that good and he still goes platinum. Look at Cash Money they drop albums with hot beats and simple repetitive rhymes and they go platinum within weeks. Eminem drops his album he goes platinum instantly. You have artists who pop up out of nowhere (from the East Coast and South, i.e. Nelly, Fabulous) and they go platinum or gold withouth a problem. But then what you have in E-40 is a creative rapper that comes up with new and clever slang, can switch up on the flows, can adapt to any beat, and his lyrics never get boring or predictable, also that has been rappin for who knows how long and he can't even get voted in the top 50 MC's of all-time. The he drops Grit and Grind (for Nationwide audiences not just the bay) and he's only at 160K? Please explain Dj Mark 7! What's the problem then?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Tony said:

You don't understand the point of this post obviously. My point is when an artist drops a dope album with a tight single getting major radio play they usually at least go gold right? Look at Cam'ron he dropped some wack singles and Nas even said his album was wack and he still goes platinum (I think). Look at P-Diddy! He can't rhyme that good and he still goes platinum. Look at Cash Money they drop albums with hot beats and simple repetitive rhymes and they go platinum within weeks. Eminem drops his album he goes platinum instantly. You have artists who pop up out of nowhere (from the East Coast and South, i.e. Nelly, Fabulous) and they go platinum or gold withouth a problem. But then what you have in E-40 is a creative rapper that comes up with new and clever slang, can switch up on the flows, can adapt to any beat, and his lyrics never get boring or predictable, also that has been rappin for who knows how long and he can't even get voted in the top 50 MC's of all-time. The he drops Grit and Grind (for Nationwide audiences not just the bay) and he's only at 160K? Please explain Dj Mark 7! What's the problem then?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
And you cant say E-40 don't bring more heat on the mic and beats than any of those rappers I mentioned and they still go gold or platinum!

Sep 7, 2002
he might go platinum after a few years because his cd IN A MAJOR WAY E-40 . just barelly went plantinum. and that was a classic. i think jive hasnt represented the bay area artist in the way that they should be. i dont see any westcoast commercials on bet. i guess they expect west coast artist to go plantinum by word of mouth

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
Str8 Sidin: You haven't seen PRIME FACTORZ on BET?

I dont think its JIVE anymore only, I think its the game period. Like it or not, comsumers taste change. They like Nelly, Big Tymers and that kinda shit.

Ram-C-Note

On the Rise
May 12, 2002
www.ramcnote.com
Jive Records defninitely backs up E-40.... Its not their fault when an artist goes gold on one project, and sells a fraction of sales after..... You need to understand that he's ballin regardless.... He's also the CEO of Sic Wit It.... He doesnt need to invest all the money that Jive gives for each albums budget.... If he gets a 2 million dollar budget, he can invest $350 K and put the rest in the bank for himself..... Thats parking lot platinum......

Sep 7, 2002
yea i feel yall on that Bayrider 12 and Ram-C-Note. i seen e-40 and fab video a couple time. but i think it could be marketed a little better. yea it seems like you got to be into that pop and r&b to sell alot of records. but there is also rap artisit selling lots like eminem. i think he selling a lot because he is controversy. but even though e-40 is paid i think he should get more credit than he does. thats what i ment by that last post