Man did E-40 go platinum yet?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
That album is tight. If he doesn't go platinum then there's a discrimination issue going on here. How many has he sold if anyone know.

Apr 25, 2002
That's still Big Bank for him though . . . . I would assume anyway. Man that really pisses me off too, cuz that album to me was so fuckin tight . . . god damnit

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I think if E-40 was from the East Coast and dropped that same album it would be double platinum by now. 160k? That's it? Shall we say discrimination?

May 20, 2002

How sad is that!!!!! We talk a big game here in the bay but let's face it!

WE ARE NOT A FACTOR IN THE RAP GAME!!!!

We have the talent but we don't get the love.....

and yes, KMEL, 94.9, and cmc has a lot to do with it....

It's up to them to break records for us locally so it catches fire nationally.....

so fuck them and fuck chuy gomez!!!

May 20, 2002
www.myspace.com
Hey! Chuy is probably one of the only cats that does support and break local artists. Chuy always plays local cats. I agree with everything you said but the part about Chuy. He ALWAYS SHOWS LOVE to upcoming artists if your shit is worth playing. Don't get me wrong, he ain't going to play some weak mufucka. If someones shit is tight, he'll put it on. I got to have his back on this one, cause I just sent him a CD and a THUGLORD T-Shirt about a month ago. I already heard the song once and he just wore the T-Shirt on CMC last Friday. Dude is real cool fa shidicus. Michael Martin is cool too, but he needs to dedicate some slots on his radio stations for Yay folks sometimes. Take Care Rene and tell your brotha to call me and book some studio time. I got tracks for him.

Apr 25, 2002
Bayrider 12 said:
Renee: Chuy don't have no say on what's going on up there.
True. But part of being a DJ or an MC at a radio station is playing the music people want to hear and giving new people a chance. Chuey has been at KMEL for YEARS now. Its about time for that fool to grow some balls and play some bay area music. Big Von cant have been there for more then 3 years and he works in bay area music all the time, while Chuey's puppet ass sits in his chair at KMEL and CMC and must jack off cause he knows bay music should be on the airwaves.

May 20, 2002
I was just fucking around about Chuy! I meant everything else!

Chuy is actually a cool Kat.......just for the record.......He's shown me love everytime i've seen him...

I'll tell my bro to call you rythm.....

wassupers B12

May 20, 2002
B12 and Rythm..............

I'm having my birthday party on the 5th of October...

I know, I'm an ald muther.....anyway, it's in Rosa and it's invitation only.....I want you both there.....so e-mail me your addy
and I'll send you an invitation....

Rythm....bring Paulay and some chicks...

B12 bring more chicks...

Trust me...it's not gonna be a sword fight.....4 girls to every dude!

Rene

May 8, 2002
www.myspace.com
MD/PD POLITIX

Its really the MD then the PD that calls shots. Locally its clear channel they report to for both stations so it aint easy maybe during a mix show but still its radio politix

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Man they played the SHIT outta "automatic" on both stations...I dunno when you listened lol...

And to other homie, u act like EVERY fuckin group from the East Coast goes platinum...It ain't the case dogg...