Lupe Fiasco--The Cool (this album is instant classic)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2007
this album was hot better then food and liquor IMO
and to the dude above me, how you gonna call him a nerd cause he smart and got flow if you ask me lupe is way better then kanye... but why does being smart make you not cool?
why do you gotta be a gangster or act like you wanna kill someone to be cool?

thats a damn shame when to be cool you gotta talk bout drugs,hoes,money,jewelery
so being smart is not cool?

now im not calling you dumb im just asking what is cool?

can anyone answer these questions for me

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
^ That's wut he said in the interview with Tavis Smiley. He was sayin' how he's bringing up the question of why the things that are perceived as "cool" are viewed that way. All the ice, material bullshit, bein' dumb, etc. He said that he's tryna make what kids see as cool, uncool, since it's usually detremental to their health or leads down the wrong path in life. It's an interesting interview.

Interview: Pt. 1

Interview Pt. 2

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
who said i thought lupe was smart? i said no such thing.
i just called him a nerd ass nigga

its 2008 homie..what lupe is talking about niggas already figured out 10 years ago back when the roots were mocking jayz swinging cristal in the video on "what they do"

but all in all, i just dont like his music

that has little to do with his or my intelligence level. i went to college and i read books like the rest of the smart niggas does that mean i HAVE to like lupe?

no it dosent

so stop acting liek that nigga is for advanced listeners or some shit
if a nigga dont like lupe he just dont like him. that dont mean all he listen to is lil boosie, or he's braindead, its music and some people like certain music some people dont

intelligence has shit to do with liking an musical album
the only intelligence that should take is music appreciation

so if you like it cuz hes preaching to you (i don't even know if thats what hes doing..iim basing that on the tavis smiley comment)..cool..i dont need a rapper to tell me shit about current events tho

but i DO think its cool alot of people are feeling it.
im just not one of em'

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I just think its nice that there is someone that has real substance to their music being played on the radio. Its a win for underground hip hop when all we hear is ringtone rap and 50 cent 24/7...

Dec 18, 2002
I think because hes different from whats acceptable in mainstream and his flow is versatile that he gets alot more credit than he should. His lyricism isn't all that great and Dumb It Down is more pretentious than clever IMO.

Apr 20, 2005
i hope yall heard the songs that arent on his 2 albums as well. Here's a few.

Failure
Switch
Penz n Needlez
Lupe the Killa
Knockin at the Door
WGCI freestyle
Much More
Jedi Mind Tricks
Heat under the Baby seat (Where Little Weapon was taken from)
What it do
Proper
Spray Paint and Ink Pens w/ Ghostface
Catch me I'm Ballin w/ Evidence
Absolute freestyle
Ignorant Shit (Dont trip, Lupe did this before Jay-z did it)
Chica Pow
And he gets the girl
Coulda Been
The Commercial
Bottom Top
Cold Blooded

have fun searchin for this shit. If yall want the songs i can try to upload them on here but yall gotta show me how to do that shit.

Apr 20, 2005
He's definitely what hip hop needs right now. Not everybody sells crack and shoots up neighborhoods and possesses lifetime V.I.P. passes to every club on the strip.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley

Failure
Switch
Penz n Needlez
Lupe the Killa
Knockin at the Door
WGCI freestyle
Much More
Jedi Mind Tricks
What it do
Proper
Absolute freestyle
Chica Pow
And he gets the girl
Coulda Been
The Commercial
Bottom Top
Cold Blooded

have fun searchin for this shit. If yall want the songs i can try to upload them on here but yall gotta show me how to do that shit.
someone give this man the info! if no one does, i'll do it when im not high and its not 4 in the morning. if u can, and u have em, can u throw in any freestyles or songs over other beats, i heard that lupe over "sittin sideways" with hova and it was clean!

Jan 5, 2007
who said i thought lupe was smart? i said no such thing.
i just called him a nerd ass nigga

its 2008 homie..what lupe is talking about niggas already figured out 10 years ago back when the roots were mocking jayz swinging cristal in the video on "what they do"

but all in all, i just dont like his music

that has little to do with his or my intelligence level. i went to college and i read books like the rest of the smart niggas does that mean i HAVE to like lupe?

no it dosent

so stop acting liek that nigga is for advanced listeners or some shit
if a nigga dont like lupe he just dont like him. that dont mean all he listen to is lil boosie, or he's braindead, its music and some people like certain music some people dont

intelligence has shit to do with liking an musical album
the only intelligence that should take is music appreciation

so if you like it cuz hes preaching to you (i don't even know if thats what hes doing..iim basing that on the tavis smiley comment)..cool..i dont need a rapper to tell me shit about current events tho

but i DO think its cool alot of people are feeling it.
im just not one of em'
like i said im not calling you dumb, and i like to hear you out and your opinion on why you don't like him.. no disrespect to you at all and i understand if you do not like him or his music

also what is your definition of a nerd? also who said that i said that you thought lupe was smart?

and no it has nothing to do with intelligence the dumbest man in the world could like lupe or the smartest man in the world could hate him.. sorry if you took it as only smart people can listen to him and your dumb if your not.. cause thats not what im trying to get at

also some people may like him because he is smart so there for your theory about '' music has nothing to do with intelligence'' could be wrong

the reason i like him is because he hass more common sense then most rappers don't mean it makes him the best but he is good...

the reason he made dumb it down is cause hood dudes say that they don't understand him and don't like him cause he isn't talking bout money drugs hoes or jewelry.. i dunno bout you but i think if kids feel it and hear more then the typical rap songs, and they get influenced by it then i think they will head strong in the right path

now would want to live in fear, or have to worry about being robed killed or your house shot up, todays rap music also influences kids alot to where they think being a gangsta is cool, now i do like alot of gritty rap, but at the same time i feel kids should not listen to it till at least they know whats right and wrong, and understand that killing is not good no matter what

thats the points im trying to get across is, todays rap music makes the young fans of it think life is about killing,drugs,hoes,jewelry, & money... which leads them to doing crimes and they think its right...

damn ive typed alot im not tyrin to preach to everyone but thats just my thoughts on it

and HiLsyde707Kloun thnx for the interview i appreciate it

Gas One

May 24, 2006
you said "why you call him a nerd because hes smart"

so that would suggest you thought i thought he was smart

i didnt call him a nerd because i think his intelligence is stellar

i think hood dudes dont give a fuck what he has to say...its a conflict of interest

same reason i dont listen to mudvayne..i dont really give a fuck what they talkin about

as far as the rest of that shit (i dont mean shit as a diss)...you either have it in you to get money and hustle or you dont. it really dosent matter if you think its cool or not because only certain people are going to have the stomach for it.

im a grown man i just dont need remedial steps like that..if young fans are learning from lupe i think thats great.

but the glamorization of genocide in the urban community through song is nothing new to rap music

im sure someone thought "white lines" was just a advertisement for cocaine at the time

Gas One

May 24, 2006
and to be real i think theres nothing wrong with flossing. i think its good that people hear rap music and say to themselves damn i wanna have a new car and a new chain..maybe theyll think of ways to get it...not anyone can even find coke much less rock it up much less post on the streets and get it off...or get a gun and have the guts to shoot at someone...if you do, your mind wasnt right from the get go. you dont jump into shit like pimping after you heard a few too short albums, you know?

sure it would be nice if a person took the 40,000 chain they were gonna buy and give that money to africa but are they really entitled to? its their life and they made the money, right?

i almost find it sickening that rap music is being questioned as being at fault for things like that when i believe its just a reflection of our communities. you either grew up devoid of shit talked about in rap songs or you saw it with your own eyes, way before a rap song hit you like that.

but thats how i see it.

and then at the end of the day...cut and dry..negativity, drama and taboo sells and itll always be that way.

Jan 5, 2007
on the lupe part i didn't know what your def of nerd was so i was asking is he a nerd because hes smart but i see thats not the case now.

i guess it depends on how you view it
you and i are viewing it in two diff perspectives, but i do respect your opinion
and i agree with you on how your viewing it...

but at the same time what is the intrest of the hood dudes if it aint school and learning or helping one another is it
killing, drugs, hoes, cars, money, jewelry?

and i aint got nothing really against treating yourself to a new ride or a jewelry piece, just on how you getting it
but everything else kills
drugs kills
hoes kill well hoes wit std's
and killing is killing... so if hood dudes interest is killing is that right?
in there opinion it may be, but why not expand there mind and help them see that its not right... i guess you gotta make your money but at the same time if you kill or sell drugs to get money, then your killing people to make your money and is it worth it? a mans life for paper?
and thats where music can come in and relate, kids see there idol decked in jewelry from head to toe and they wanna become that, and the artist is making money of rhymes while he most likely didn't live the rhymes he spits

but kids don't know that and so they gonna do what his ryhmes say to make that buck. and we end up with robbery's killings n what not, no im not saying music is the fault of it all. i believe people and money are the root of all the chaos on earth.. just my thoughts homie

but i like having a good conversation wit someone that thinks as good as you do much respect to you

Apr 20, 2005
if u listen to Lupe's earlier shit, he used to rap about selling drugs and shootin pistols too. He used to spit like that in a Clipse kinda way. Almost subliminally. Plus his Exec Producer is locked up for drugs. Does that still make him a nerd or is that gangster? Whatever he is, i think he's a great mc.

GXformKY

My Mom Loves Black Dick
Dec 12, 2007

Failure
Switch
Penz n Needlez
Lupe the Killa
Knockin at the Door
WGCI freestyle
Much More
Jedi Mind Tricks
What it do
Proper
Absolute freestyle
Chica Pow
And he gets the girl
Coulda Been
The Commercial
Bottom Top
Cold Blooded

Here's how you do it

On your desktop right click
then goto new
then goto new folder
take the tracks (im assuming they are on your computer) and copy and paste them into the new folder
right click the new folder
then goto properties
then click advanced
at the bottom there is a box, click that
open up your internet
be sure you can leave your PC on for a while
goto www.rapidshare.com
click that gray "upload" box and double click on the new folder
this is where your going to be uploading for quite a while, so DONT close your IE
once your done at the bottom there is going to be a option "I do not want to upgrade to premium show me my link"
click that
there are 2 links, 1 to delete the file and 1 to share the file, copy and paste the share one

and we're good

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com

Failure
Switch
Penz n Needlez
Lupe the Killa
Knockin at the Door
WGCI freestyle
Much More
Jedi Mind Tricks
What it do
Proper
Absolute freestyle
Chica Pow
And he gets the girl
Coulda Been
The Commercial
Bottom Top
Cold Blooded

Def. better than anything on his albums IMO. I remember hearin' those songs on his mixtapes b4 Food & Liquor thinkin' that this cat would blow up soon. He did, but his albums dissappointed me a little bit. I felt like ^ those tracks were better.

Apr 20, 2005
hope fully this shit works. I dont really know what i'm doin. I tried to follow DingleDorfs instructions but i got kinda lost after uploading them. Good luck!